• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size and brand recommendation

One note on the Goodyear MT/Rs. Goodyear was offering a $75 mail-in Rebate recently (don't know if thats over yet or not) when you buy 4. (/Reminds self to send in own Rebate form...) This brought the price down to the same range (at least for 31"s) as the BFG Mud Terrains, which were my second choice. Schwab has some nice agressive tires from Cooper, but I've heard they start loud and get louder over time...

Lore5 said:
Another vote for the BFG AT. I got my 31's at Costco for $115 each mounted and balanced plus I had another $50 off coupon. With your 4" of lift and cutting of the fenders you can fit 33's. I am putting 33's on with 3" of lift. Just go for it. Make sure not to go any smaller than 31's.

I'm getting my 30x9.50's BFG AT KO's at a local tire shop for $450 mounted and balanced. Works out to be $112.50 a piece. Doesn't sound too bad to me. If Truxus made that size in MT I would go with them.

Mike

TRXUS, definately what you want, I've had BFG at ko (still have someon the grand) and they're great for everything but mud, I've got some dents and skid marks on my driver's seat to prove it.

The TRXUS are just as quiet as the AT's for the first 15,000 miles. They get a little louder, but nothing like the BFG muds, or the Swampers that I've had.

The TRXUS are siped and do very well in the rain and snow on the road. I expect to get 40,000 miles out of these tires.

I forgot to add that the TRXUS have very tough side wall, and I've had less cutting on them than any other tire I've used off-road.

379332279105_0_ALB.jpg

Greddy

Back