• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire recomendations...

Here's another vote for the BFG MTs. I love mine. I have 32x11.50s on a 3" BDS lift just like yours and wouldn't hesitate for a second to go to 33s. My leafs gave me closer to 4.5" and my front sits at about 3.75" with a RE .75" spacer. I will be adding a 1.75 spacer instead very soon to try and get it to sit nice and level.

Here's some pics- one sitting and one flexed, just so you can get an idea. Trim it well, the suspension flexes great.

100_1093v2.jpg

100_1096v2.jpg

Starscream.. you say your front sits at about 3.75 w/ the spacer... you got about 4.5 from the leafs and about 3 from the coils that you then added the extra .75 in to with the spacer or what? and how much backspacign are you running on your wheels?

I'm running 32x11.50 on a stock wheel with 4.5" RE lift. Only very minor trimming in the front, and adj. steering stops... With a more offset wheel, it would require much more trimming, so just remember, the deeper the wheel, the more swing it will have, and the more trimming you will need.... Also, I love my MT/R's,,, excellent on and off road... Haven't tried the BFG MT's or the others you listed to compare to..
p1213717m.jpg

p2043782m.jpg

Kleake,
Do you have steps or something that you insert into your rock rails?
There was a thread on here some time ago where someone was asking about that mod. Just curious.

PS: I love the looks of the Smittybilt guard. Its a shame I had to get rid of mine to fit my winch on.

I would go with the 31x12.50 I've heard good things about them and they seem to work well on and off road. I personally have 30x10.50 Wildcat EXTs on my rig and they work well too. It's all about what u prefer.

I don't care what tire size you run, but I'd try to stick to 10.5" or less on an XJ with such a small amount of lift. You can find 30s, 31s, and 33s in 9.5" and 10.5" widths, both of which will do nicely on stock rims.

I bet you're not regearing, so the lighter tires will be nice and generate less power-loss.

Ray H said:
Kleake,
Do you have steps or something that you insert into your rock rails?
There was a thread on here some time ago where someone was asking about that mod. Just curious.

PS: I love the looks of the Smittybilt guard. Its a shame I had to get rid of mine to fit my winch on.

I do have steps that I bolt on, not sure if you can see the bolts in the pic, but most of the time I don't need them... Now if I can add another inch or so and 35's I might have to put them on... I bought the jeep with that guard on it, and wasn't sure what kind it was,,, you think it's a Smittybuilt?

If you're looking for a GREAT truly off-road tire great in the MUD & ROCKs in a 31 go with Super Swamper 31x10.50 LTB's.

I've run them, 31x10.50 SSR's, 33x13.50 LTB's and now 35x12.50 TrXus Mud's love them all.

The LTB's are bias and run hard on the street but are GREAT off-road.

Know a lot of guys running MTR's too and love them, everyone I know running CLAWS didn't care for them and they are directional.

Oh yea only reason I've got away from LTB's is because they don't make it in a 35.

TrXus MT's are pretty nice. I have them in a bigger size, but they get great traction. Nice traction on the rocks, and equally well in mud. If you run plain rocks though, get an MT/R.

Back