• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for some trimmin's!

when yall get finished u can come down here and trim mine

I was gonna try and get in on this cuz I wanna fold my rear quarters but haven't the foggiest as to how. Already trimmed using a grinder with cutoff wheel. But wouldn't be able to make it til the weekend at the earliest...

BlackSport96 said:
I was gonna try and get in on this cuz I wanna fold my rear quarters but haven't the foggiest as to how. Already trimmed using a grinder with cutoff wheel. But wouldn't be able to make it til the weekend at the earliest...

Just do a search. The rear ones are cake...just make a few slices at the turns and pound 'em back with a hammer. Somewhere on this site there is a really nice write up...it's what I used to guide me through mine.

I used a dremel. man that took for ever but it did the job. When I replaced my fender I just used a jig saw. made quick work and came out looking pretty clean.

a nibbler makes the cleanest cut and you can really make fine adjustments if needed, a air body saw works really well but doesnt leave as clean a cut but is also a bit easyer to use if your not familiar with nibblers

hellbilly04 said:
I perfer these no mess,their quite & make perfect cuts everytime.. Plus you get curly fries when your done!
kett220.jpg
Those would be your best bet but, a good set of docking shears (or double cuts) are expensive. I have a set and every kind of snips (right and left standard/offset.......) made.......I'm a sheetmetal guy (going on 26yrs now). I'm working this weekend otherwise, I'd be happy to give you a hand.---------Hans

Last edited:
Well... Ok... Here's the deal

So far, I've had 3 options that people swear by. The body saw, which I've got a couple people telling me to use, the shears that billy and hans swear by, and a cutoff wheel which a couple people say to use...

WTF?!

Ok, I've made up my mind, I'm borrowing Justins body saw tomorrow on my way back from Tony's to trim my fenders... I'll post the results!

Maybe I should do one fender with each tool :laugh:

dud tim gave me this grinding wheel... works freakin awesome!!! cleanest cuts ever!

crazyjim said:
Well... Ok... Here's the deal

So far, I've had 3 options that people swear by. The body saw, which I've got a couple people telling me to use, the shears that billy and hans swear by, and a cutoff wheel which a couple people say to use...

WTF?!

Ok, I've made up my mind, I'm borrowing Justins body saw tomorrow on my way back from Tony's to trim my fenders... I'll post the results!

Maybe I should do one fender with each tool :laugh:

pm me...gonna be unavailable tomorrow....but I have an idea.

DSC_0652.jpg
my front fencers came out like this using that wheel

I'm around tomorrow, but I wouldn't be able to make the drive to Banning as I can't afford the gas. I can provide a space to work in OC, but I don't have the best cutting tools (I burnt up a brand new Dremel with metal cutting wheels...made it through 3.5 fenders and died on the last 0.5!).

I do have a compressor and air/die grinders...just not cutting bits.

If it's happening in the OC area, I'd be able to drop by. Otherwise, have fun!

PS, not sure what parts you have, but it took a CRAPLOAD of cutting to fit 33x12.5 under a 4.5" setup. Just FYI. :)

Also, I used painter's tape to mask the lines I wanted to cut. Then just cut along the tape and you pretty much can't mess it up.

Good luck!

98RExj said:
DSC_0652.jpg
my front fencers came out like this using that wheel

ignore the cracked bondo..... that was already there...:eyes:

Back