• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for Change

We all had fun back in the day, Late night bomb runs though cleghorn with Andy, Mike, Dave, Skwerly, and my brother. Dave always breaking something on his jeep, Andy, Tony and Jim out in barstow or the desert.... This is what is missing, actually its people like those guys! Mike is still around, Jim is still here (even though his jeep is going away) and there are still some good people here, just doesn't have the "family feel" it had back in 2007-2010.

Awe...... :kissyou:

I still remember Dave calling Justin while I was still driving home in FWD down the 15 and Justin had a new transfercase for me before I even got home!! Those were the days and I know with exception of me and Tony..... the good people are on here still..... Cory, Skwerly, Scotty, Jim, Elias... and even sometime justin. :yelclap: Just lots of us got rid of XJ's (Justin, Me, Tony, Jim, Dave...) and if more of you wanted to bring your XJ out to the desert to play.... you would be very welcome.

If anyone wants to play Fords..... we have a nice drama free site we frequent now!! hahaha

Funny thing, when "we" took over in 2006-2008 we heard about the great Grant, Cal, Josh, Remi, Kyung, etc...... those people hated us I think too even though first time I met Grant he told me "we'll have a lift party here for you when you are ready to lift your stocker". This site will always evolve and the old timers will make their friends and then move on while keeping in touch back channel.

HiJack over. :dunce:

It's not just this place, it's ALL forums. Seriously, I used to be an active member of every thing; bikes, cars, film stuff and a college alumni forums. The megalomaniacal, narcissistic nitpicking and god complex exhibited by admins over literally nothing made me bail on all of them. It's like all mods develop this clinical insanity to moderate out anything even remotely interesting or related to humanity. Forums have become such sterile, bland, open wounds to the slightest offense - and then to have some tool slap ban you for some arbitrary rule that means nothing to nobody just to satisfy some warped sense of ego or wield a power he/she doesn't posses in real life... man, I've had enough of it. Like this very post (or variant of it) has earned me a lifetime ban from more than one forum.

I think a large part of the problem stems from the corporatization of most of these boards. Some ice cold company went out and bought All the SRT8 boards, the Vette boards, the camera forums, all the bike forums etc and installed these chinese communist dictator mods with no sense of humor or self-awareness and ruined them. Everything's become this PC, safe, unrealistic festival of ludicrous rules. Man, if you're running a board sell some ads to pay the bills and let it go. It'll police itself. Who on earth cares if somebody says 'shit'? Bart Simpson can say that on primetime now. Get over yourselves. I actually had a moderator sum it up by referring to himself as the parent and me as a child after banning me for posting a link to 'let me google that for you' in a FS thread. It's exactly like that episode of the Twilight Zone called 'On Thursday we leave for home'. And I'm sorry but if you're selling 100 widgets for $100 and somebody comes along and offers them for $98 then that's what they're going for. It's not like you're going to keep that a secret by banning the poster while the internet still exists.

This is the same problem with governments. After things are working they get bored and try to fix something that isn't broken. That's when it all turns to shit. We can say that here right?....banned.
I'm not sure, but I don't think you're talking about NAXJA. We've had offers to buy and turned them away. None of the people involved in any of the drama as of late have been banned. If someone has left, it was of their own accord, but I don't recall any leaving.

Back when people would go out of there way to help another member (red or black). I remember helping a lot of people out back in the day, too many to count, it's a crappy thing to watch them fade off the forum because they too were not happy with it.

I still have never met you Justin. But I'll never forget the PM you sent me offering your assistance if I ever needed it. Always has been much appreciated.

I will continue to renew my membership every year because, as I said before, I am grateful for NAXJA. And I hope to resume the OC meet and greets shortly.

If anyone wants to play Fords..... we have a nice drama free site we frequent now!! hahaha

:D Yeah Andy, we have the same at Comanche Club. Let's do lunch soon.

Last edited:
I went out tonight and couldn’t monitor the forum, and I’m honestly floored. I greatly appreciate all the positive responses, here. I’m also really stoked to see all the old names popping up! Those late night Cleg runs were something else. Thirty Jeeps strong, man.

I love this club. I’m the first to admit that. I owe it a great deal, and I’ve met a huge number of good, lifelong friends through NAXJA. But as has been said, it isn’t the same anymore. The feel now is totally different.

The economy, for one, is in a real bad place. I get that. Hey, I haven’t even started my Jeep in a few months, much less filled it up and conquered any trails with it. I will do so again, though, you can bet your bottom dollar. And when I do, I’m posting the run here.

My first NAXJA experience was a lift party where I helped lift Cory’s Jeep, and in return he kicked me down 2” lift pucks, which I’m still running to this day. I also still hang out with Cory and his wife to this day whenever I can. They, as well as all the others mentioned in this thread, are great people. Jeep or no Jeep, I’ve friends for life with a lot of you. I have NAXJA to thank for that.

I’m not giving up, here, and I want to make that clear. I have faith that this club has the potential to be very powerful, because I’ve seen it in action with my own two eyes. Heck, 90% of the friends I still hang with today are from this club, but from back in the day.

Now we just call ourselves the BSC. For those of you in the know, then you know. For those of you who are new, ask around; you’ll hear quite a few things about us.

Do I care that I can’t link my stories here? Meh, it’s a downer, but I totally get it. I do! I’m not a vendor, but I don’t have the secret agenda of making a buck off the forum, either. I’m sharing my life’s work with my Jeep buds; it’s that simple. If any of you are interested in a copy of any of them, just backchannel me and I’ll shoot you one out for free. I’m not getting rich, here. Trust me on that one. :D

As I mentioned before, I totally understand that the economy is pouring black tar on everyone’s Jeep run ability. I can’t run myself at the moment. That doesn’t, however, mean that everyone should go into whine mode. If you don’t like what’s going on, do something. Make a thread, PM a BOD, set up a camp night with NAXJA members and get drunk and make plans. Anything is better than getting angry in the office chair and wishing things were different.

Again, props to all you guys. The responses here have reminded me why I’m red. Let’s get NAXJA back to good, gang. Let’s get it back to good. We got this.

I just got done reading this thread, and have been reminded of some great times. Work parties, runs, meet and greets, all good stuff. Like many, I have been around since '07 and remember what it was like around here.

Times change, people change, and life changes things for everyone. When I first joined I was new to Jeeps, but had been a desert rat all my life (motorcycles,off road racing and camping) and I was hesitant to be too involved in forums.

I soon decided to post an introduction on here, and was welcomed by many members both locally and nationally. I searched subjects, so as not to get bashed by the "regulars" lol and started posting a few threads and contributing to other ones. I'm not one to ask for things or help, it's just not the way I was raised. I soon got over that phobia (sort of) here on NAXJA, the response I recieved to parts and help on here has been invaluable.

The forum has changed, yet has stayed the same also. I remember drama from the early days and bashing and whining then also, it has always been around, the way it is all handled now though seems to have changed.

Currently I'm not red and part of that is because the renewal date snuck up on me and i forgot about it, the other part is that i am trying to decide where my money needs to be spent. We all have bills to pay, and life to deal with and we all need to take care of ourselves and our families. An internet forum shouldn't be the number one priority in our lives, nor should it be the number one frustration in our lives either.

We all love XJ's (well, we all used to anyways.lol ), that is why we are here and we all should remember that fact. this post has gone on too far and I apoligize, but there was just a few cents laying around and i wanted to donate them.haha.

I just got done reading this thread, and have been reminded of some great times. Work parties, runs, meet and greets, all good stuff. Like many, I have been around since '07 and remember what it was like around here.

Times change, people change, and life changes things for everyone. When I first joined I was new to Jeeps, but had been a desert rat all my life (motorcycles,off road racing and camping) and I was hesitant to be too involved in forums.

I soon decided to post an introduction on here, and was welcomed by many members both locally and nationally. I searched subjects, so as not to get bashed by the "regulars" lol and started posting a few threads and contributing to other ones. I'm not one to ask for things or help, it's just not the way I was raised. I soon got over that phobia (sort of) here on NAXJA, the response I recieved to parts and help on here has been invaluable.

The forum has changed, yet has stayed the same also. I remember drama from the early days and bashing and whining then also, it has always been around, the way it is all handled now though seems to have changed.

Currently I'm not red and part of that is because the renewal date snuck up on me and i forgot about it, the other part is that i am trying to decide where my money needs to be spent. We all have bills to pay, and life to deal with and we all need to take care of ourselves and our families. An internet forum shouldn't be the number one priority in our lives, nor should it be the number one frustration in our lives either.

We all love XJ's (well, we all used to anyways.lol ), that is why we are here and we all should remember that fact. this post has gone on too far and I apoligize, but there was just a few cents laying around and i wanted to donate them.haha.

I could not agree with this more. Your right dean we all need to stop bashing bickering bitching, and forget all this family friendly bs and go back to being a family again.

Soooo, when's the next work party at your place? My brother was just talking about the grub your wife made. Good stuff.

It's not an easy thing to keep a good perspective about internet forums, either from a user or a leader or a moderator. One decision can have huge potential for backlash, and one unpopular decision (from someone trying to do the right thing) can have big consequences. This sort of comes back to the long discussed issue of NAXJA being both a forum and a club. To some NAXJA is mostly (or entirely) a forum, to others NAXJA is mostly a club. Whatever our perspective, it does sadden me to see attitudes formed about our club strictly from things that happen on the forums, to me that is very unfortunate. The lions share of drama around here is based on things that people don't like that happened on the forum, very little controversy is from actual club activities. If we try to keep that perspective maybe we can not get so bugged about stuff that is simply forum based. So much of this stuff is so petty, and so much has two sides to it that could be agreed with either way, why even bother getting hacked off about it.

I'm sure many of us have done this before, I know I have, and maybe we need to do it more. Type out the response you want to make, have your say, get it off your chest, read it back to yourself before you hit the button......then erase the damn thing before hitting "submit" and move on.

I love this club, always have, always will. Someone is always saying "it's not like it used to be", mostly based on our own personal experience with the people we like to run with. In reality, the forum itself has changed very little over the years. I see the same problems, issues, and complaints popping up over and over again, just the personalities change.

Bitching is a part of life, some people do it just like talking about the weather. Mostly, it doesn't matter.

A. This thread sucks without pics
B. Everyone in this thread including me needs to put down the keyboard and wheel a little more.
3. Is this the forsale section...I have a dirtbike if anyone is looking.

I went out tonight and couldn’t monitor the forum, and I’m honestly floored. I greatly appreciate all the positive responses, here. I’m also really stoked to see all the old names popping up! Those late night Cleg runs were something else. Thirty Jeeps strong, man.

I love this club. I’m the first to admit that. I owe it a great deal, and I’ve met a huge number of good, lifelong friends through NAXJA. But as has been said, it isn’t the same anymore. The feel now is totally different.

The economy, for one, is in a real bad place. I get that. Hey, I haven’t even started my Jeep in a few months, much less filled it up and conquered any trails with it. I will do so again, though, you can bet your bottom dollar. And when I do, I’m posting the run here.

My first NAXJA experience was a lift party where I helped lift Cory’s Jeep, and in return he kicked me down 2” lift pucks, which I’m still running to this day. I also still hang out with Cory and his wife to this day whenever I can. They, as well as all the others mentioned in this thread, are great people. Jeep or no Jeep, I’ve friends for life with a lot of you. I have NAXJA to thank for that.

I’m not giving up, here, and I want to make that clear. I have faith that this club has the potential to be very powerful, because I’ve seen it in action with my own two eyes. Heck, 90% of the friends I still hang with today are from this club, but from back in the day.

Now we just call ourselves the BSC. For those of you in the know, then you know. For those of you who are new, ask around; you’ll hear quite a few things about us.

Do I care that I can’t link my stories here? Meh, it’s a downer, but I totally get it. I do! I’m not a vendor, but I don’t have the secret agenda of making a buck off the forum, either. I’m sharing my life’s work with my Jeep buds; it’s that simple. If any of you are interested in a copy of any of them, just backchannel me and I’ll shoot you one out for free. I’m not getting rich, here. Trust me on that one. :D

As I mentioned before, I totally understand that the economy is pouring black tar on everyone’s Jeep run ability. I can’t run myself at the moment. That doesn’t, however, mean that everyone should go into whine mode. If you don’t like what’s going on, do something. Make a thread, PM a BOD, set up a camp night with NAXJA members and get drunk and make plans. Anything is better than getting angry in the office chair and wishing things were different.

Again, props to all you guys. The responses here have reminded me why I’m red. Let’s get NAXJA back to good, gang. Let’s get it back to good. We got this.
Great post D-Rek! It is a very difficult thing to try to lead a group on the internet like this. Everything we do as a BOD is a compromise between opposing points of view. I try to be as fair as possible about stuff that happens here. I think I have done a good job of not getting too involved in people's squabbles. Since I have been prez I have had few people PM me to try to resolve any issue. I have seen alot of people post up their gripes. In any controversy the leadership has to make decisions which adhere to the rules of the group while doing the right thing for the most members. It is virtually impossible to please all members at once. I would very much like to see the kind of involvement we had aa few years ago. I think it is time for us all to work on getting new members signed up and revive the sort of brotherly atmosphere we had in the past. This stuff still exists here but just not to the extent as in the past. Its up to all of us to make this the kind of forum we can't wait to log on to. If somebody is being an idiot on the forum its up to the experienced members to PM them and let them know it ain't gonna fly here. Alot can be accomplished by self policing. When that doesn't work then PM me or another BOD member. We don't all see every thread that comes out on here. Let's restore our group to it's formar glory!

WOW, I dont come here for months and see what I miss.

This is how I met many people in th XJ community and which I still do some things with them or ask for assistance when needed.

Good post derek, and yes I have read most all of your writings and will continue.

I dont have much to say other than I the old days were the good days. Yes things have changed, yes alot of people cannot afford to wheel much, but I can tell you that the few back channel events that I have gone to are what it is all about...

Leep

Awe...... :kissyou:

I still remember Dave calling Justin while I was still driving home in FWD down the 15 and Justin had a new transfercase for me before I even got home!! Those were the days and I know with exception of me and Tony..... the good people are on here still..... Cory, Skwerly, Scotty, Jim, Elias... and even sometime justin. :yelclap: Just lots of us got rid of XJ's (Justin, Me, Tony, Jim, Dave...) and if more of you wanted to bring your XJ out to the desert to play.... you would be very welcome.

Funny thing, when "we" took over in 2006-2008 we heard about the great Grant, Cal, Josh, Remi, Kyung, etc...... those people hated us I think too even though first time I met Grant he told me "we'll have a lift party here for you when you are ready to lift your stocker". This site will always evolve and the old timers will make their friends and then move on while keeping in touch back channel.

HiJack over. :dunce:

Yeah, I am with Andy..... we just sold our XJs, I still come on every now and again to keep an eye on stuff, my Jeep was a ton of fun. The lift parties were often, shoot Andy might as well put a mechanics sign on his garage, as someone was there every weekend doing a lift, lights, headers or some BS!!

Definitely a good time..... just to bring back old memories, here are some pics!

CIMG4008.jpg

CIMG3999.jpg

CIMG4014.jpg

CIMG3981.jpg

CIMG3985.jpg

A. This thread sucks without pics
B. Everyone in this thread including me needs to put down the keyboard and wheel a little more.
3. Is this the forsale section...I have a dirtbike if anyone is looking.

a) FIXED
b) gas is too expensive, its cheaper to complain
c) I have a set of noise canceling headphones for sale... cheap

i remember that run well, that was the 30 rig cleghorn run. that was the morning I had to leave half way through the trail for a family issue. Up until I had to leave it was a blast. Remember when we used to go to azusa every other sunday?

i remember that run well, that was the 30 rig cleghorn run. that was the morning I had to leave half way through the trail for a family issue. Up until I had to leave it was a blast. Remember when we used to go to azusa every other sunday?

Yeah Grimm, sorry bring that particular run up... I remember you had to bail mid run.
Azusa BBQs were a blast, Andy has pics of those.....

Funny thing is, that same group of people that was posted, I still keep in touch with. Some more often than others, but I had lunch with Jim this week, and hung out in Baja with Andy two weeks ago. Bumped into Dean not long ago, and keep in touch with Grimm all the time!! I did my long arm at Dennis house, and crap there must have been 10-15 NAXJA folks there........ thats what this site has given me! GOOD FRIENDS!!

Yeah Grimm, sorry bring that particular run up... I remember you had to bail mid run.
Azusa BBQs were a blast, Andy has pics of those.....

Funny thing is, that same group of people that was posted, I still keep in touch with. Some more often than others, but I had lunch with Jim this week, and hung out in Baja with Andy two weeks ago. Bumped into Dean not long ago, and keep in touch with Grimm all the time!! I did my long arm at Dennis house, and crap there must have been 10-15 NAXJA folks there........ thats what this site has given me! GOOD FRIENDS!!

We used to do a ton of stuff here at my place. It was not wired very well nor did I have very many lights. Hell, all I had to do was tell my wife I had a bunch of naxja folks coming and she would go get all the fixens for spaghetti.

The good ole days.

When I joined in 2007, this club kicked some major ass.

You are quite welcome my courageous welding recruit.

For the next two years, I was involved in hundreds of runs, campouts, etc, and made a ton of friends. I’d never seen a cooler place, and that’s gospel. I felt right at home.

The warm and fuzzy care bear fanatics with their pink(o) fleece jumpsuits and the Torah of tolerance and diversity were getting a foothold; you just didn’t see them yet. Some were even at the beginning stages of disguising themselves as moderators.

Then, somewhere around 2010, the place seemed to start going to the dump. Management was lazy and/or nonexistent, the dismal amount of runs posted were unexciting to say the least, and there were more whine threads than Jeep threads. It has pretty much stayed that way ever since.

For that I am very sorry; I had no intention of falling off the face of the earth. Actually it wasn’t that I fell; I was blown off with about 100 pounds of C4, or the equivalents thereof. I’ll have tags back on the XJ before the snow flies.
I understand that the care bears have bread like little fluffy bunnies. It’s tough to deal with an infestation; not impossible.

If you can all get together and decide on very important issues like if the word ‘shit’ is allowed, you can figure out how the hell to work it so sponsors and members can have a little more actual club.[FONT=&quot]/rant [/FONT]

There you go; using the “F” word again. The word has been banned by congress. It should come as no surprise to finding it missing here; especially at the the afore mentioned reproduction rate of Jack, err…Jack, no; Jackrabbits. Excuse me, my mistake; the cute fluffy little bunnies grow into those warm and fuzzy care bears…with an iron fist.
:angel:

Hi Richard, you are a Sage. Hope to get up your way this winter-ish.

Last edited:
Back