• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for Change

Posting as a new guy, so who knows if my opinion matters but here goes. I became a red member before I even had an XJ, found my XJ from a person on here, and I've rarely been back except to trouble shoot some stuff and look for deals on parts. Why? because this seems like a forum for a bunch of winers instead of people that just want to go out and have fun. The last thread I read was about whether or not the word s**t was allowed. Seriously? I understand wanting to censor and keeping things on point, but I've never been on a forum where the concern over one barely curse word was such a problem. Most forums are self-regulating and if someone gets ridiculous, they'll be reported or a mod will take care of them. What's with these rules? Get over it!

Naturally, I haven't been here enough to know about whatever's going on with the vendor stuff, but given the track record, I'm sure it's along the same lines as the s**t discussion. I really wish this place would stop focusing on such piddly little nonsense and start having fun. I joined based off of prior knowledge and recommendations that this was the place to be for wheeling XJ's. Now, I probably won't bother renewing my membership.

Thank you for posting this, it needed to be said and I appreciate you speaking up especially as one of the newer members.

Can I copy and past this in the CO chapter? It would fit perfect. I think you articulated what a vast majority were thinking, even those not in your chapter, because it applies where we are too.

Can I copy and past this in the CO chapter? It would fit perfect. I think you articulated what a vast majority were thinking, even those not in your chapter, because it applies where we are too.

I think problems uphill are trickling down into the local areas. the whole of the club seems to be in a rut the last couple of years, it's not just us or you.

I only have one thing to say on this entire subject:

This problem starts at the top of the club. Remember that come election time.

WOW!!!! I am one that misses the old days of NAXJA.. It seems more and more that if you don't run with the cool kids on here you are NADA... It makes me sad when Vendors are not treated fair at all.. Keep up the good work Rob..

Well said skwerlz, and rob, and petrol. And I am an asshole for bus driving skwery, my thought was good the carry through was shit, I should have re read what I put befor I posted. And I am sorry derek.

I went green beacause of the tech I have received. I will not go red because of all the nonsense that everyone is bringing up. Well said people well said.

Let's be honest...nothing is going to change...it was awesome having to take your pick between which run you eanted to do, or who's house you wante to go to and help wrench...like stated before, it's pathetic that all that pops up now are member bashings, or people complaining about hy someone got away with a rule and they didn't...

But nothing is going to change, this ha been brought up before, and things will get 'ok' for a month or so, then make a full circle back to the way they are now... This is why I am rarely on here now.

Yeah, I'm not confident that NAXJA can return to its former glory, so to speak. I don't post much anymore, but I will continue to go to SoCal Fest and the Fall Fling.

I am very grateful for NAXJA, for this is where I've met many good friends. I can always contact these friends by phone if I have to, and I know they will always help if they can. And they know I will do the same.

Change happens, and sometimes there's nothing we can do to stop or reverse it.

Speaking purely as myself, not as the BOD:

Advertising product (be it lockers, roof racks, or stories) on here is generally a right given to vendors. I'm not sure who Derek's competition would be and consider that something of a grey area. However, Robert, you've been a vendor. You saw the benefit in the past. I have no problem with you, I think you run a good business, I'm running alloys from you.

I do get tired of the constant whining over every decision made. I mean come on, Sean, the new rule is essentially just putting the normal functioning into words. That's essentially how the club has been moderated since I joined.

The video thread was definitely pushing that line between advertising and just cool tech. I'd imagine that other vendors would have issue with it. It's ok to disagree, but the idea isn't that far out there to understand.

The fall out between Robert and the previous BOD wasn't one sided. I don't know all the details, but I've been able to read many of them and there were mistakes on both sides. I'm not sure I would've rules the same way as what happened.

What I would like to see, is more people reacting like Derek and making a measured, logical response and asking questions rather than whining and complaining.

What I would really like to see though is a return to the club. In that regard, I am 100% with you guys. We've lost the club feel to a degree. But we can help that by posting our own runs. Ask Scott about that, he's always posting runs. We don't need big official events. We can post work parties, etc. But at the same time, keep in mind that gas is expensive and a lot of us can't afford to make it out to stuff as much.

Speaking purely as myself, not as the BOD

Cause you are just a tiny part of the BOD and couldn't speak for them at all without confirming it first, a thing you should have done last time so you would not have to point it out now, every time you post up.:wave1:

After all of this is done and over with and the issues at hand have been settled, the members will know who the backstabbers are and hopefully make an adjustment at election time.
I am spending a lot of time on this forum since I joined and am seeing the way things get handled by the local people in charge .

I am pretty new here, even tho I'm almost 50 years old, been a jeeper all my live and have seen my share of clubs. The reason I joined here was because an old friend of mine was here too and I always loved the XJs.
I've met a lot of really outstanding people here and respect them deeply.

The issues here seem more like a personal vendetta against some people than just trying to enforce the rules.
After all, this should be a Jeep club first and a forum for tech advise and other topics second.
Seems like bureaucrasy is taking over for the joy of a few.
I really hope all this will be settled soon and this club can move forward.

Just my thoughts, speaking purely as myself. :roflmao::moon:

I joined in 2007, right after Skwerly. The forum was a whole different animal back then. I also feel it will never be the same again. It was fun back then, seemed like everyone had a lift party or a trail run going on every weekend. I come on here now, and all it seems like is a bitch fest. I honestly wont ever go red again, even if I buy another jeep. Right now I just lurk around, and see what people are up too. This place has gone down hill.

We all had fun back in the day, Late night bomb runs though cleghorn with Andy, Mike, Dave, Skwerly, and my brother. Dave always breaking something on his jeep, Andy, Tony and Jim out in barstow or the desert.... This is what is missing, actually its people like those guys! Mike is still around, Jim is still here (even though his jeep is going away) and there are still some good people here, just doesn't have the "family feel" it had back in 2007-2010.

All this is just my opinion, but it seems to be along the lines of a few others too. most of you new guys have it bad, because you never saw it in the prime. Back when people would go out of there way to help another member (red or black). I remember helping a lot of people out back in the day, too many to count, it's a crappy thing to watch them fade off the forum because they too were not happy with it.

The vendor thing has always seemed to be an issue, that too will never change. As derek put it, Something needs to change...

Justin

I can't believe that stupid complaints are even in effect. How many of you really give a damn if the word Shit gets filtered as xxxx in your post. If you can't figure out the context of xxxx means a specific word in a post then you are ****ing retarded. I think a lot of people here just feel like bitching about something. No body really gives a damn about text censorship. We have a den for such things. As far as the vendor thing goes... I'm am happy to have the aftermarket support the us xj owners have. Robert has given the best deals to everyone he can. He was by far the cheapest when I regeared. I understand that vendor support is money for our club. But we can't expect to get top dollar from every vendor here. A lot of them are just small businesses. As Roberts post above showed it actually costed him money to be a vendor here. With no profit. I have only been a member here for a short time but was a forum user for a decent amount. One thing I liked is that there were a lot of tight groups of friends here. My hope was to get my jeep done and maybe fit into one of those groups. Over the past 6 months the member/bod war has gotten way out of hand. It seems that a lot of people here have lost their tact. The only 2 people I can think think of that constantly post with a level head is grimm and darky. They always keep their tact. We need to remember why we joined naxja in the first place. What's been happening lately isn't why I joined. Quit acting like bitches. And buy skwerlys book for a dollar u cheap bastards. The so cal chapter needs to tighten up. Naxja is starting to feel like MySpace. The purse fights need to stop.

It's not just this place, it's ALL forums. Seriously, I used to be an active member of every thing; bikes, cars, film stuff and a college alumni forums. The megalomaniacal, narcissistic nitpicking and god complex exhibited by admins over literally nothing made me bail on all of them. It's like all mods develop this clinical insanity to moderate out anything even remotely interesting or related to humanity. Forums have become such sterile, bland, open wounds to the slightest offense - and then to have some tool slap ban you for some arbitrary rule that means nothing to nobody just to satisfy some warped sense of ego or wield a power he/she doesn't posses in real life... man, I've had enough of it. Like this very post (or variant of it) has earned me a lifetime ban from more than one forum.

I think a large part of the problem stems from the corporatization of most of these boards. Some ice cold company went out and bought All the SRT8 boards, the Vette boards, the camera forums, all the bike forums etc and installed these chinese communist dictator mods with no sense of humor or self-awareness and ruined them. Everything's become this PC, safe, unrealistic festival of ludicrous rules. Man, if you're running a board sell some ads to pay the bills and let it go. It'll police itself. Who on earth cares if somebody says 'shit'? Bart Simpson can say that on primetime now. Get over yourselves. I actually had a moderator sum it up by referring to himself as the parent and me as a child after banning me for posting a link to 'let me google that for you' in a FS thread. It's exactly like that episode of the Twilight Zone called 'On Thursday we leave for home'. And I'm sorry but if you're selling 100 widgets for $100 and somebody comes along and offers them for $98 then that's what they're going for. It's not like you're going to keep that a secret by banning the poster while the internet still exists.

This is the same problem with governments. After things are working they get bored and try to fix something that isn't broken. That's when it all turns to shit. We can say that here right?....banned.

Last edited:
I didn't want to run for office again after being socal pres for the following reasons:
- 2nd kid came along
- wife underwent major health issues
- Family needed me more than ever
- the whiners and the need to babysit the potstirrers and drama queens

When my time became more limited, i wasn't as proactive as I wanted to be.
the last reason really demotivated me. My perspective for the club is to chill on the internet terror, make friends, help each other out and just go f'in wheel. If you dont have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

I however believe that rules are rules. Perhaps the rules are poorly defined or not properly communicated up front but even for some ppl, they are always ignoring them and everyone gets sand in the va jay jay if the get slapped for it.

Derek, if you wanted to sell a book, Id say go for it. It has NOTHING to do with competing vendors on NAXJA.

I don't blame the national or local BODs for this place going downhill. Yes its soo easy to blame others. Obama, Bush, etc etc. Yes a worm can spoil the batch when someone on the leadership position makes a bad decision that uproots its fellow members or one jackass that spews BS but its a group driven by its members.

My point is this club can only be as good as the people who participate. Over the past few years less and less people seem to be wheeling and doing more forum rants. The economy blows and people get more irate. Go watch some Mr Rogers or smoke banana peels, I dont care what you do; just get out there and MAKE A DIFFERENCE for the better.

Back