• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie Rod replacement

tony597fitter said:
Well guys I just checked out the Jeepin.com article on RUSTYS steering conversion, and it is completely different than the one I got. The one I got is exactaly like the Dunn setup. Rustys must have made a few changes. He now has a straight tie rod that goes from knuckle to knuckle and a drag link from the pitman arm to a welded bar stock about 6"-8" from the pass. side tie rod that has another end bolted to it. I mean it is exactly the same as Dunns setup. I think Jeepin.com needs to do some updating on the article, that one was writin in Feb. of 1999, this is now 2003 its called technology. If anyone wants pics of the setup I could try to post them or e-mail them. I also havent had any understeer to speak of.

Although I wouldn't trust Rusty with my life (and steering is somewhat life-related), please post some pictures for us to see.

As for Jason, in order for him to do an update to this article, he has to buy the thing again. As far as I know, he is pretty satisfied with his current setup.

Rgds

His current setup isn't rustys setup however!:)

Back