• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thoughts about obamas speach?

I wonder if the R's in this forum would be saying the same things if an R got elected? Ultimately, every candidate makes a shit-ton of promises that they won't/can't see through to the end.

To me the speech is secondary I think the oath is more important, and I thought it was really bad that his screwed up the oath multiple times. And for this reason, which is not because it is easy or that someone reads it to you.

I took my oath as an officer very seriously. I memorized it, it is a little more complicated than the president's oath, but more because it stems off of that. I looked at each portion. I can say it front to back without hesitation or pause, however that is not how it is meant to be given. Despite the fact that I am sure he was nervous (the responsibility that comes with an oath will not hit you until you are taking it), I got the impression from the way he fumbled it repeatedly that it was not very important to him. I feel that to him the speech was more important, and I think that is backwards. Without the oath he does not hold the office. I hope that he is the best president we have ever had. Only good things for America can come from that. But I am worried about the feeling I got from him screwing up the fundamental oath of office.

To me the speech is secondary I think the oath is more important, and I thought it was really bad that his screwed up the oath multiple times. And for this reason, which is not because it is easy or that someone reads it to you.

I took my oath as an officer very seriously. I memorized it, it is a little more complicated than the president's oath, but more because it stems off of that. I looked at each portion. I can say it front to back without hesitation or pause, however that is not how it is meant to be given. Despite the fact that I am sure he was nervous (the responsibility that comes with an oath will not hit you until you are taking it), I got the impression from the way he fumbled it repeatedly that it was not very important to him. I feel that to him the speech was more important, and I think that is backwards. Without the oath he does not hold the office. I hope that he is the best president we have ever had. Only good things for America can come from that. But I am worried about the feeling I got from him screwing up the fundamental oath of office.

Wolfpack,
It's not important how you recite the oath, it is important how you uphold it & live it.
CWO

I wonder if the R's in this forum would be saying the same things if an R got elected? Ultimately, every candidate makes a shit-ton of promises that they won't/can't see through to the end.

If an "R" got elected, it wouldn't be an issue and we wouldn't be discussing all of this crap...

A huge deal is being made of this inauguration for one reason...I don't EVER remember an inauguration getting this much fanfare and media attention...the hoopla is driving me crazy.

If an "R" got elected, it wouldn't be an issue and we wouldn't be discussing all of this crap...

A huge deal is being made of this inauguration for one reason...I don't EVER remember an inauguration getting this much fanfare and media attention...the hoopla is driving me crazy.

There were a lot more people attending this inauguration than at Bill Clinton's 1st one.

Turnabout is fair play. We all dealt with 8 years of this crap from the Libs.

It wouldn't be an issue because you wouldn't see the folly in the R's "promises" or because you would just accept it because you are an R?

Wolfpack,
It's not important how you recite the oath, it is important how you uphold it & live it.
CWO

How can you be expected to uphold and live something you can't even recite properly.

Attention to detail....

If I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car, and watched someone fumble around with their keys for 5 minutes, struggling to start their car, I sure as hell wouldn't want them to attempt to drive me anywhere.

I'm not saying otherwise.

But, if McCain had gotten elected, would all of you be in here bashing him because he couldn't live up to his promises?

No we would be bashing him for pretending to be conservative so he could run for and win the Presidency

...the hoopla is driving me crazy.

You and me both. The circus to the south has made the locals here completely nutty in epic proportions. Bunch of emotional tards I say.

How can you be expected to uphold and live something you can't even recite properly.

Attention to detail....

If I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car, and watched someone fumble around with their keys for 5 minutes, struggling to start their car, I sure as hell wouldn't want them to attempt to drive me anywhere.
We've been over this. He had it memorized, John Roberts switched up the words and threw him off.

If you say so...

I'm not saying otherwise.

But, if McCain had gotten elected, would all of you be in here bashing him because he couldn't live up to his promises?

Nope because had he won it wouldn't be this effing hyped.

I liked it. And I hope he does follow through with all of his campaign promises--especially to indict Bush and Co. The F.B.I. already had a war crimes file started on them until Bush's administration ordered the F.B.I. to stop investigating them.

So because it wouldn't be hyped, nobody would be bashing the promises that McCain couldn't keep?

I'm not bashing promises that Obama can't keep either.

I'm bashing his position which is utter crap in my opinion, which I'm entitled to have. I didn't vote for the guy. I hope he does well, but that doesn't mean I support his decisions because based on what he stands for I don't agree what those decisions will be.

Back