• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This will start some

Matthew Currie said:
Aren't there any actual issues out there? Why do people stoop to this kind of crap?

At this point in the campain they're still pussyfooting around the big issues, yanno being politicians. But since McCain has been around a while people can view the trend and get a rough idea of the president he would be.

~Alex

scottmcneal said:
Hey now, Obama is young, can lie better than clinton any day of the week..
Sorry, are you refering to the Mr. or the Ms?
Hate his guts, but to give credit(?) where credit is due, ol' Billy could deliver any speech, on any topic, anywhere, any time, make you believe it, make you believe HE believed it, and make you believe he cared; even if you just listened to him say the exact opposite 5 minutes before.

A consummate politician. The politicians politician.(<--No, that is not a compliment)

tbburg said:
Sorry, are you refering to the Mr. or the Ms?
Hate his guts, but to give credit(?) where credit is due, ol' Billy could deliver any speech, on any topic, anywhere, any time, make you believe it, make you believe HE believed it, and make you believe he cared; even if you just listened to him say the exact opposite 5 minutes before.

A consummate politician. The politicians politician.(<--No, that is not a compliment)

Why yes i am:wow:

Obama's not nearly as good as ol slick willy in an open debate, but his pre-written speaches are on par with Bills. I wonder who is writing his speaches.

Let Obama deliver one of his set pieces to the crowd of his choice. Then let Slick get on stage right behind him and go off the cuff for 20 minutes. Then everyone would see what a lightweight Obama is.

Boatwrench said:
Isn't that his campaign symbol?

Well that would be it, simple advertizing just like the Nike swoosh, easily recognized and stands for his campaign.

Why should we care what symbol he uses for his campaign? :dunno:

Actually if you want to take it a step further they removed one corporate logo with imagery of the Flag of the United States (The NorthWest Airlines logo) and replaced it with another corporate logo with imagery of the Flag of the United States...

Seems like a push to me.

Fred said:
Dude,

It was Vietnam, not Korea, that McCain fought in.

Fred

I stand corrected. It was Vietnam, not Korea, Thanks.

Ecomike said:
What worries me is the press interviewed a North Korean jailer the other day, the one that held McCain captive during the Korean war. In that interview the North Korean said if it was his choice to make he would vote for McCain.

Wow...epic fail.

obama-NOPE.gif

Obama seems smart and articulate, his being African American is a big handicap. If he spends too much time on social programs (appeasement), he will be slammed by the conservatives, if he doesn't, he will be slammed by his own party. I doubt he is savvy enough to navigate the mine field he will find himself in and actually accomplish very much. He is likely to be scrutinized by both parties and the voters to a degree never before seen in America. IMO if he wins he will be hammered from day one (with little or no honeymoon) and the pressure will just get worse. And with people like Pelosi filling his ear with advice, he will stand little chance of success.
McCain is an old hand at Washington infighting. He has battled as much with his own party, as with the Democrats and survived to become a Presidential candidate. I think he is the man to get things done.

Matthew Currie said:
I suppose if I wanted to play dirty, I'd point out that our current president is an expert at putting flags on an airplane:
Historically speaking, you're full of it.
:dunce:

Matthew Currie said:
Aren't there any actual issues out there? Why do people stoop to this kind of crap?

I have one question about the photo caption in the original post: it says the flag "no longer" appears on Obama's plane. This language suggests that there had been a flag, or that there was supposed to have been a flag, and it was removed. Was there? Is a flag the default on an airplane tail?

I suppose if I wanted to play dirty, I'd point out that our current president is an expert at putting flags on an airplane:
photo-flag-draped-coffins-airplane.jpg

You're an asshole....

I can't even think of the words to say to you right now. I just hope we never meet. Words won't fail me then, I can promise you that.

It's disgraceful that you would use that picture the way you used it. You're pathetic.

can i vote for elvis? or will there be a "None of the above" spot to vote?

IMO either way your voting for the VP....McCain is too old and out of touch, and obama is the wrong color.

if you dont like my post, get over it... its the truth and you know it. A Good ol' boy (possibly from this form, LOL) will take care of that.

JOe

JNickel101 said:
You're an asshole....

I can't even think of the words to say to you right now. I just hope we never meet. Words won't fail me then, I can promise you that.

It's disgraceful that you would use that picture the way you used it. You're pathetic.
It was meant to be inflammatory. I'm glad you got the point.

This whole thread is based on a piece of crap, that reflects the pathetic decline in rational and civil discourse in politics today. There are big and important issues here, and many good and interesting reasons why one can oppose one or the other candidate. If you can't find some real and honest reasons to be wary of Obama, or to disagree with him, then you're not looking very hard.

But what are we getting instead? Stupid manipulations of people's names, lies and innuendo, and, for this thread, the ridiculous insinuation that the emblem on Obama's plane is unamerican because it isn't a flag, phrased in the purposefully misleading way that suggests that a flag was removed and replaced.

If some other candidate decided to wear red white and blue jockey shorts, would Obama have to do it too to prove he's not a foreign terrorist?

Obama is a Democrat, and in many areas at least, a liberal. As such, every idea he has is subject to scrutiny and argument by people who hold contrary views. He may also be a liar and it's a lead pipe cinch he's an opportunist. Can you find the instances of that and debate them? Hint: flags aren't involved.

Regardless of the "point you were trying to make" - you could have stated what you just said above and achieved the same result.

Instead, you decided to disgrace a photo of men and/or women who died for your right to be a prick.

Congratulations. You made your point.

No, thanks though....

Boatwrench said:
Why should we care what symbol he uses for his campaign? :dunno:
Let's worry about the one he'll use if elected.

Obomaflag.jpg

JNickel101 said:
Regardless of the "point you were trying to make" - you could have stated what you just said above and achieved the same result.

Instead, you decided to disgrace a photo of men and/or women who died for your right to be a prick.

Congratulations. You made your point.
In what way do you think I "disgraced" the photo of those soldiers by hinting that President Bush is responsible for the war that killed them? I have a high regard for these people, but I also happen to think that the war they're dying in is a mistake based on lies. Their loyalty and bravery were wasted by a callous and dishonest leadership which talks a lot of patriotic hoopla but when it comes right down to it, puts a lower value on either their lives or their loyalty than on their own ideological agenda. Disagree if you want. Call me a prick if you think it will help. But while that knee is jerking, don't forget to keep your brain turned on too, or you'll fall down and hurt yourself.

Back