• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about moving to Spokane, WA...

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
So, I am thinking about a big change and moving to Spokane in April next year. I would be transferring with my job as would my ole lady. We don't know anyone there so we've been trying to research the area and start the ground work early.

Does anyone have any opinions of the area? Good areas to look out for, perks to being there, major draw backs? We will be planning to rent a house(I gotta have my garage :repair: ).

I know a guy who is from WA and he has done well to talk it up and has sold me on the area so I am looking forward to it as of now.

eastern washington is awesome. trees everywhere, lots of hiking areas and plenty of wheeling only a few hours away. the orv park in spokane is really small but naches and a few other spots are 3 to 5 hours away. look for houses in the south hill area or in the valley. If your looking for a cheaper house and not afraid to commute much then look for a place in post falls, id. Stay away from houses in downtown or in the northtown area. But remember spokane is the 2nd most dangerous city to live in in the united states

I would look on the Idaho side its a lot nicer.
Having lived in the area you are meow, and where you want to go I would choose Spokane, but at this point I would not want to live in either. However, consider what specfab says.

I am rather surprised that Spokane is ranked so high in crime, wow. I wouldn't think a place like that could be worse than Oakland or even Phoenix. I don't have intentions of actually living in the city, I would much rather be out away from things and be ok with a bit of a commute. I work for UPS if anyone works there...

I also figured there would be closer wheelin spots, 3-5 hours is a trek for sure, though I may be spoiled here in AZ in those regards.

Thanks for the input though everyone this is really the type of info I was hoping for. We are planning a trip up in September to spend time driving around and hopefully narrowing down an area. The logistics of setting up a rental home in another state is no fun...

there are some closer wheeling spots. moses lake sand dunes in about 1.5 hours away. juniper dunes in 2.5 hours away. 7 mile orv park is in the city limits but it's really small even for atvs and dirtbikes. If you'd like to out away from everything then look at living on the idaho side. Alot less laws you have to follow by. I wish you luck. i lived in spokane for 6 years before moving to the tri cities. Everytime i go and visit i think of moving back

I would look on the Idaho side its a lot nicer.

And give Idaho you money in income tax, no way. Yes I am stuck doing this and it sucks. WA has not state income tax so you probably want to stay in WA. I live 2hrs south of Spokane. I think most of the crime is car thefts, don't drive a Honda, have several friends that live there and they don't complain.

Back