• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think I can fit 35's

it doesnt look like you will need it anytime soon.

Actually I have the transfer case out now getting ready to install the SYE and 2'low kit. At this point I think I have all the parts other then shocks. (of corse I have to wait to flex it out before I get those) and whatever tires 35's I get. (you know all the Kool kids roll on 35's) but ya never know I may do 37's

Your nuts 37s. I hear all the cool kids run 33's They say there the new 35s, thats why the Commando will be getting 37s I dont care about being cool.

Here is what my 4.5" and 285's looks like (33.11.5)

423707_379196388766904_100000296382652_1414357_831297727_n.jpg

I still need to bump stop I eat my Fenders everytime I wheel.

Here is what my 4.5" and 285's looks like (33.11.5)

423707_379196388766904_100000296382652_1414357_831297727_n.jpg

I still need to bump stop I eat my Fenders everytime I wheel.

That looks goo too. Im still tossing around ideas of where to take this Heep. My lift is a 3.5" with 2" spacers in the front and a add a leaf and a block in the rear. I'm not sure if I should take out the block and spacer and run 33's that way or just keep it the way it is and run 33's. Any have any thoughts on the idea? I think that taking out the spacer and block with give me better driveline angles an still keep enough height for the tires I want.

Yes you will need to cut more of your body, but low COG is always better for crawling the rocks. Even with 3.5 and 33 you would need to cut, with out a lift at all it would be really agressive.

That's what I was thinking too. I like the low look with bigger tires. So you think I would have to cut more to run 33's? Have 32's now and have a huge fender gap. Here is another pic. Let me know what you think.
425745cb-ceae-d75a.jpg

With 33's and the current setup you will probably be okay, but it depends where you set your bumpstops. On mine up front they are about 4" before I hit the bottoms of the front fenders, which is not ideal. I will be fixing this once I get a longer shock and cut more of the fender, and rebuild my out bumber extensions. Bump stop is pretty important because once you get full droop on one side and the opposit side reaches its bump stop, it will put more downward pressure on the axle with full droop giving it traction, and thats whats needed for foward movment. In the rear I have no bumpstops and this would help me greatly, but I broke off all the bolts that hold the bumps stops on and have never fixed them. I will address this once I get frame stiffeners, but its a hinderence for sure. I hope this helps?

if your on a 32 now. you will be fine on a 33. maby just a tad more bumpstop and your good to go.

my 92xj was on a 3.5"rancho lift, 2" spacers f&R then i added a 1.5" shackle to the rear. i had no problems running 33s. minimal trim and about 4" more bumpstop in the rear if i remember right.

it really wont take much to go to a 33. and i ran my d35 for a while on them 5spd and 4.10's and i was fine, i followed the big boys everwhere they went!

Do any of you have recommendations on tires. I like a good aggressive m/t that has a decent tread life? I know I can't have my cake and eat it too but I would like to try. Lol. I throw all kinds of stuff at my jeep so I need a good for everything tire.

Do any of you have recommendations on tires. I like a good aggressive m/t that has a decent tread life? I know I can't have my cake and eat it too but I would like to try. Lol. I throw all kinds of stuff at my jeep so I need a good for everything tire.

I havent had my goodyears mtrs long enough to tell you about wear but the do extremely well in the rocks, snow, and mud that i have found. I have heard that on xjs there not that bad because we are decently light compared to big trucks.

I would build a set of leafs because blocks are bad and fail sometimes they even break springs (happend to my Dad).Took 30$ in spring clamps and 3 $ in bolts and nuts to build my xj spring packs but I had spare springs and grinder with a stack of cut off wheels.Took the better part of a afternoon.

Back