• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to do

Buggy not going to make it to winterfest again...however I will still be wheelin a rig...

is_00126.jpg

The baby jeep will be making its first appearence off road at the badlands. Should be fun. Running 31 tsls, detroit locker rear, detroit tru trac front, jks discos, the old buggy jeep winch on a multimount, gas tank skid plate, custom air intake setup, optima and many more leftover parts from over the years...

only thing left is grooving the tsls, swapping some rims, and maybe a fabbed up tcase skid plate...

mac 'second trail ready jeep' gyvr

Originally Posted by XJ&TJ4ME
1. Build new rear bumper w/ tank skid incorporated into it Still working on it
2. Tie in front bumper a bit more or maybe build a new one Done(built a new one)
3. Finish sliders Done
4. Lock the turdy on its way

5. Reserve an oriental hooker Done (multiple times :D)

also installed JCR's 1 ton steering, new RC control arm drop brackets,PORC's SYE kit and DS, new air intake and a few other odd ball things.

I guess I should start checkin out my trailer to make sure everything is up to snuff on it......

BRIANHO13 said:
ok I'll play.

1 fix ram assist and steering gear will be fully hydro
2 remove doors yup
3 maybe boatside a bit not gonna worry about it, she sits pretty high as is
4 add some to the cage will happen
5 install seats kinda has to happen now
6 maybe find a front 60, and bigger tires. check

mac you disapoint me
34igz1l.jpg

BRIANHO13 said:
mac you disapoint me

sorry...im bummed too but at least im not bumming a ride

buying a house doesnt help anything either

mac 'one of these years' gyvr

w_howey said:
1. Lower Control arms *Done Finally*
2. Front tow points/winch bumper
2a. Repair winch contol box *wife told me to buy a new winch*
3. Install EZ-Locker
4. Get the heater working *Done*
5. Put the doors on *Done*
6. make sure tow rig will make it
7. find cap/camper for tow rig *staying at the Inn*
8. Other things I'm currently forgetting
8. Replace the trashed front U-joint *Done*
8. Work on cargo area. (figure out way to stuff all the stuff in there)
8. Where to put the spare. *Ratchet straps*
8. Replace muffler
8. Leaking rear wheel cylinder

Seems like I finish one thing and add two....

what is the prefered spot for the flag at the bad lands front or rear. I would like to put on the back just so I dont have to look at it all day. just want to fallow the rules.

Doesn't matter, it is just supposed to be 2' taller than your rig. I used to zip-tie mine to the radio antenna and nobody ever said anything, so I would imagine as long as you have one you should be fine.

IllianaXJ said:
My list is pretty much completed. Trackbar is in, pitman arm is on and e-brake is hooked up.

Now all I have to do it wait.

Wish I could have stuck around longer but, I'm glad you got it all done. Did the belly pan go back on fairly uneventful?

well i found out my knee surgery is getting delayed so i'm on for sure. not much of anything to get done on the jeep, truck, or trailer. guess just get the jeep packed and strapped onto the trailer.

Haleyes said:
Wish I could have stuck around longer but, I'm glad you got it all done. Did the belly pan go back on fairly uneventful?

Yep, it fit into place just like it should have the first time :dunce: I didn't even have to re-adjust my t'case linkage. The Heep rode like a dream on the way back home with the new trackbar too.

xj4life said:
well i found out my knee surgery is getting delayed so i'm on for sure. not much of anything to get done on the jeep, truck, or trailer. guess just get the jeep packed and strapped onto the trailer.

Sweet!

Now we don't need any knee injuries at WF again. So....be careful! Last LawnCher fubared his knee which let to surgery. Be careful!:)

Haleyes said:
Sweet!

Now we don't need any knee injuries at WF again. So....be careful! Last LawnCher fubared his knee which let to surgery. Be careful!:)

i'm more afraid of what my wife would do to me if i f'd it up worse. so i'll be on my best behavior :)

w_howey said:
8. Replace muffler *Done*
8. Leaking rear wheel cylinder

Seems like I finish one thing and add two....

8. Replace interior door handle *Done*
8. Do something about the damn saggy headliner.

IllianaXJ said:

Meeahh, just pull it out. Recover it when it warms up.

Mine hasn't got bad enough to pull down yet. When it does, it's going Realtree.:D

Haleyes said:
Meeahh, just pull it out. Recover it when it warms up.

Mine hasn't got bad enough to pull down yet. When it does, it's going Realtree.:D

so if you put in a camoflauge headliner..would that kind of be like not putting one in there since you wont be able to see it??? :D

lesslimited said:
Must do:
Brew a couple batches of homebrew. Done
Pick up a bottle or two of mezcal. Done
Fix the AC. not looking good

Optional:
Fix the leaking ARB locker. maybe
Armor-all the tires. I really need new tires!

And my heep has developed some serious front end problems including a non-death wobble type wobble that sometimes turns into death wobble, and sticky calipers.

Pat said:
what I would LIKE to have done by WF:

1. replace motor mounts - :guitar:
2. synthetic winch rope - :guitar:
3. new seats and harnesses
4. cage work for #3 and some other pieces
5. raise rear shock mounts
6. new rear shocks
7. rocker replacement
8. plate frame rails
9. new crossmember/skid?
10. clear spot to work on jeep... - :guitar:

#1 is the only required.

better get busy...

Also put a new trac-bar in. That's all for now. Other than organizing some tools, it's ready to go on the trailer.

Back