• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things learned at '08 Fall Fling

XJEEPER,

This is my new bumper, powder coated to match my rig:
fabtech_bumper1jpg.jpg

Glad you choose to spot the flare, the bumper is replaceable.

When did you need carb cleaner? I've been carrying a can of that in the truck to use as throttle body cleaner, but didn't know anyone needed it. No wire brush, tho.

Speaking of Mike, does anyone know if he did all right getting home? I don't know what he goes by on the boards (assuming he hasn't changed his screen name to "French Fry" yet).
I dunno? hope so, wish I could have stole one of those Krispy Kream donuts from him.

that dude on pritchett that had to weld his trackbar bracket back together through 1 inch of grease could've used it :roll:

Pat: sorry about getting the name wrong dude... I feel like a tool

Maxxis Bighorns are pretty sticky.....not so much at street pressure
Area BFE is full of surprises.....
33" tires are considered "old school"
A rig on it's side attracts cameras, like vultures to dead stuff......
"somehow, you need to get your junk over that rock".....
XJ's make for amusing teeter-totters
Turbo buggies on NOS, with hydro suspension make hard stuff look stupid.....
While a so-so band, Green Day is a fun trail
A borrowed GPS is your friend
JohnJohn moves faster in Reverse than Drive
For crowd retention, use a Liberty and a Pickle....
Plastic bumpers will never win........
You never know what will show up at a Show N Shine.......
Car alarms = :smsoap:
Porky Rim is bumpy
Never eat a Sack Lunch from the Chevron.....or a breakfast burrito.....:puke:
NAXJA throws a good party

My buddy from Moab had a burrito that morning from the Chev, grabbed a sack lunch for the trail........which is where both of them wound up, about 2:30PM.

Based on my experiences with food poisoning, an approximate 5 hour cycle from ingestion to expulsion would finger the burrito as the culprit. :dunno:

Thats too bad. I always thought that was a pretty good idea.

My wife thinks someone needs to open a KFC in town. People could grab a bucket and hit the trails.

I think a sack lunch stand might be cool. Gourmet sack lunches for jeepers and hikers.

Thats too bad. I always thought that was a pretty good idea.

My wife thinks someone needs to open a KFC in town. People could grab a bucket and hit the trails.

I think a sack lunch stand might be cool. Gourmet sack lunches for jeepers and hikers.

IIRC, Moab had a KFC back in 98-99.......

$4.00 subs at the City Market are yummy...

I've done their deli fried chicken many times to take on the trail and it's always good too.

Chrevon station at the south end of town has it all. A car wash, a sandwich shop with box lunches freshly made and free air.

City Market has a nice deli section where my brother and I purchased our lunch several times...
IF the lines in the Moab Diner are too long... the market also has breakfast to go.... at a reasonable price.

it is being worked on they are waiting for the economy to get better as they put it to me.

as for the chevron i have been eating their burrito's and sack lunches for 5yrs now and no problems.

Back