• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thermostat question need help asap

Go to Jeep dealer-get a MOPAR 195* Thermostat. Install with the vent UP at 12 o'clock position. NOW!

(195* stat is easy and a BUNCH cheaper than catalitic conv. and bad fuel milage. etc..)

-Done-
------------------------------------
Search is your friend. this has been covered many times. Go on down to bottom of this page are some and they lead to others. Search is better tho.

Burping IS Important! Search on that too.

Last edited:
The mopar already has the vent built in. It IS the correct part. Cost about the same. OR- you can play around with aftermarket.

Last time I checked Mopar thermostats were not all that expensive, but no, you do not need an OEM stat. As noted above, Stant will do fine. It will not have a hole which you do not need with models after '90 or '91 and it will self burp although you do need to watch coolant level for a couple of heat-cool cycles.

k. i swear this is the best website ever, i love how everybody can help out i hope that im able to help someone out sometime haha

just got it and its intalled as well as i got the front axle installed lol i cant wait to go wheelin, just about 30 more minutes of work and i am a proud 4x4 xj owner

Back