• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The XJ Experiences

Did we get an answer as to if this is going to be a "hosted" event with at least "on trail" meals arranged, or more of an organized group run?

Makes a big difference in planning/packing, for me anyways.

i just might try to make this

The only organized meals will be dinners hosted by sponsors. Trail breaks will be done however you have to bring your own food and supply. Trail runs will also be hosted by a vendor we pick to do so. So for example every one will have a chance to lets say go with Rubicon Express, BDS, or DynaTrac or whom ever wants to sponsor a trail run. Or we will do just the 5 days and every one going wil be with industry leaders on the trail. With Trail boss from The Rubicon Foundation and CORVA.

And The XJ Experience is set up as an event on FB through our shop page. Sorry for the confusion:compwork:

Will you be charging to participate in your event?

Hopefully by June ill have my 33's, for now I'm still on 31's but my jeep goes everywhere 33's have gone :)

This trip sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I do have a slight rear main seal leak but it has 255k miles on it so she's gonna leak a little.

Hopefully by June ill have my 33's, for now I'm still on 31's but my jeep goes everywhere 33's have gone :)

This trip sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I do have a slight rear main seal leak but it has 255k miles on it so she's gonna leak a little.

No XJ is perfect with a 4.0 lol trust me I have my little leaks also I need to fix. PM me pics of your XJ or a video if you have on what she can do.

Ok official dates for run are June 24th thru the 28th. We have Full Flex Offroad doing media they will be filming the event and putting together a DVD or BlueRay. Apps will be ready late Feb with all info and price, which will cover whats included. Also we will be offering hats and shirts for those who come. Hats will be personalized with the year and name of your XJ or user name if you wish. Also this will include your copy of video from event and raffle tickets. There will be a raffle on last night of event. Prizes will be posted as we get them, and no to mention a dash plack for those who attend.
progress.gif
http://www.naxja.org/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=245847531

Back to the motorhome question! Sorry I just wan't to be sure! My other questions were answered either directly or in directly and thank you for that! Two part question unanswered is: The loon Lake camp with all the spurs you mentioned, is that safe to leave unattended cars/vans/motorhomes, because (second question) I am assuming that we will be sleeping on the trail for a few nites which leaves the vehicles susceptible to vandalism or theft, Correct?? Thank you in advance for all your efforts and time trying to answer the bombardment of questions!

Back to the motorhome question! Sorry I just wan't to be sure! My other questions were answered either directly or in directly and thank you for that! Two part question unanswered is: The loon Lake camp with all the spurs you mentioned, is that safe to leave unattended cars/vans/motorhomes, because (second question) I am assuming that we will be sleeping on the trail for a few nites which leaves the vehicles susceptible to vandalism or theft, Correct?? Thank you in advance for all your efforts and time trying to answer the bombardment of questions!

Im working with KOA and other sites for camping in the area. I have been talking and working with Eldorado Chamber of Commerces to get hotel and camp ground rates for just this event. So with the app you will get specific codes to hotels or camp grounds supporting the event. I apologize for the 2 part answer just busy with planning and covering all I can think of for event. :compwork:

OK, so you are going to charge to participate in this run. Where will the funds go? Is this a run to raise money for some charity? This is important because it is not appropriate for you to advertise a run on this site that will generate revenue for a business. We have a sponsorship program for a reason. If this is a charity run then it is a different story, but if it is a for-profit thing then you need to get a sponsorship or quit posting on this site.

He posted all that crap on the sierra side and didn't cross post it here john.He won't make a penny on this or should i say he wouldn't have.

This is what he told the other guys on here.I know he does a food drive too.He doesn't make money on that.
Proceeds will get you a dash plaque, 2 hats, 2 shirts for basic package. Family packages will be available and the rest goes to CORVA, Rubicon Trail Foundation and the Forestry Dept to help cover costs of land management. That is so when snow melts or after storms they can cover costs of checking the trail and willows. Such as water crossings and to be sure there is no wild life or ecology in danger. We are loosing more and more trails due to lack of funding to cover costs. Thank Gov. Jerry Brown for that one and his budget cuts in the wrong places. It dose not just affect us as a off road community but hunters, fishers and wild life people. We all us the same trails to get to where we are going. I hope this helps answer any questions on what your dollar goes to we dont make a dime on this. It is so we can support are trails we use for are enjoyment
Hope this helps, i know he works hard at helping folks.I hope he gets back on here to talk about the things he does.

Wow, if there was ever a better reason to enable spell check there it is. :roflmao::moon:

This is what he told the other guys on here.I know he does a food drive too.He doesn't make money on that.

Hope this helps, i know he works hard at helping folks.I hope he gets back on here to talk about the things he does.
Thanks for the update. It just seems it was not very clearly presented. I think it would have been more successful if there had been fewer questions about this event.

It is a non-profit run none of the company's as vendors make a dime on run. It is to support an area we as off roaders are loosing a lot of ground on. And fee cover's land use permits and other items we included for event. Such as hats, dash plaque, shirts of which is done with no gain or profit. And its being postponed due to the fact I cant get enough sponsors to cover cost's on run. Along with the fact I live and work 8 hours from area. So getting a reliable and responsible source to rep the event is not easy. I will still be going up in June to hang out and properly introduce my self to local business's and shop's. So if you like the dates remain the same however there will be no event hosted. Just some trail riding with locals and who ever shows up. And thank you Scott for your assistance. I make nothing on this and I sent info out to shops catering to the XJ crowd and I cant get a response from them. Which is a shame we all build for the XJ community and no one cares to respond. Well except for TnT Customs, Olympic 4X4 and Rusty's Off Road were the only ones to respond. So i CANT put it on out of state business's for a run they may not make it to. How is that far hence why its been postponed till further notice and a better turn out form California shops in the XJ industry.

Hey it is no problem trying to help you in this.I know you bust your butt getting these things done to help folks.

Sorry to hear you are not going to have this, maybe with more time you can.

Back