• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "WTH is this plug under my hood?!" game

Well, wait a second, the switch is what determines the complexity here of all the various options right? So, if I was able to connect a '98 switch to the same schrader valve using some kind of adapter let's say ... wouldn't it just work the same was as the 98?

Well, wait a second, the switch is what determines the complexity here of all the various options right? So, if I was able to connect a '98 switch to the same schrader valve using some kind of adapter let's say ... wouldn't it just work the same was as the 98?

Without having to read this entire post...did you say you installed a 98 PCM?

Obviously a 2000 PCM won't work for some of the '98 components and wiring harness.

Regarding the AC high pressure switch: With a '98 harness and PCM you'll have to change your AC Accumulator and the AC Suction & Discharge line that goes from the AC Compressor to the Accumulator to make it work. This 98 line will have the proper size fitting for the High Pressure switch.

Yes, running a 98 PCM with the 98 harness, distributor and coil.

Thanks for the tip on the AC Accumulator/AC Suction & Discharge line! I assume the law is I can't bleed the system in to the air so I would have to take it down somewhere to get drained and then I could do the rest of the work myself?

Back