• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The worst possible sound.......

jeepinxj01 said:
Broke the tooth in half and split it to the root, pushing the back half up into the roof of my mouth.
After the oral surgeon was done:
toothgone.jpg

Hopefully bridgework will be done next week.
Although my wife says I now look perfect behind the wheel of the heep. :gee:

Lawn Cher' said:
Have you ever burnt the roof of your mouth on a slice of pizza fresh from the oven? The pain sucks, but it tastes too good to spit it out!
spoken like a true fat man

GSequoia said:
You and Jeff should go hang out Brad.
Bite my shiny metal a........!

On a slightly more serious note..... I decided to not go the bridge route as that entails destroying the 2 perfectly good teeth on each side of the gap. Now that I'm employed, I'll have an implant supported crown.

ChiXJeff said:
Bite my shiny metal a........!

On a slightly more serious note..... I decided to not go the bridge route as that entails destroying the 2 perfectly good teeth on each side of the gap. Now that I'm employed, I'll have an implant supported crown.
Considered that.
Didn't want the 6-9 month wait.
Besides the tooth next to it was a little crooked anyway.

You guys have me beat....but for me, it was the distinct and suprisingly loud KRRRUUUNNNNCCCCHHHHHH !!! sound of three toes on my right foot being crushed by a falling engine....

Worst possible sound...

The bedroom door opening when you're in bed with your GF's sister.

True story

MudDawg said:
You guys have me beat....but for me, it was the distinct and suprisingly loud KRRRUUUNNNNCCCCHHHHHH !!! sound of three toes on my right foot being crushed by a falling engine....

Ditto, worst I've heard was when I rolled my foot a couple months back and heard that rather distictive POP right before I fell down! I'm still amazed I didn't hit my head on the upper door opening when I fell on the Jeep's driver seat......

I was using my friends 1/2" Dewalt drill for some drain holes I was opening up in my old YJ when the bit caught, I heard a loud pop and felt alot of pain. Fractured my wrist in two places.

What made it all the worse was my friend said "be care with this thing, it'll break your arm" as I was drilling.

Then theres the sweet sound of the angle grinder catching your finger and slicing into it while trimming the fenders on the jeep.

About 30 years ago coming home from DFW(in a hell of a rain) we decided to get a motel in Fort Stockton.Turned the key on the door,security chains stopped the door,then heard the "Hammer" Kock(not bad spelling,naxja X't out).Whoever was in the room was already on the phone by the time I got back to the front desk,DEAD SCARY!!!

The ever popular "zing" of the blade of the radial arm saw as it took my left thumb and index finger off.

Or the same pop you all are describing when I ran out of snow at the bottom of the mountain and my ski stopped suddenly as it wedged itself nicely between 2 rocks. Too bad the rest of me didn't stop. Did a great job on my left ankle. Many broken bones. Left leg is a little shorter - but I can walk.

One of my favorites - - standing on a barstool patching inserts (audio stuff) for Motorhead at a club in Maine. Barstool went 1 way - I didn't. I fell, breaking 3 ribs as I landed on - and crushed that barstool.

Hi - my name is Eric - I'm new(ish) here.

Back