• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The worst possible sound.......

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have a new worst sound you never want to hear. Try welding upside down under your rig. Picture a piece of hot slag falling, hitting your ear, bouncing once, then starting to spiral down your ear canal, all the time you hear this sickening sizzling sound as it goes around and around.

Damn, I didn't know this old body could move so fast.

So whats your worst sound?

Wow, that's creepy.

Ramming a tree branch into my ear canal and clearing out my tympanic membrane was a pretty gross sound. At least for the couple of seconds before going deaf in that ear... :D

You just described it,"Been there done that".On a similar note try being 230' in the air hanging off a safety belt and safety chains cutting rebar with a cutting torch and having some slag go down to your "man" parts,there aint no place to go and nothing you can do about it !!

In that case the most sickening sound is hearing your own screaming :laugh3:

Crap that's erie! At least you missed out on the silence and constant ringing, I'm happy for that fact.

Hmmm... Last Thanksgiving weekend I was in central Nebraska, ramping up hard for I-80, ZZZZZZTTTTTT, ZZZZZZTTTTTT!, Then silence; crank the engine; no compression. Quite a moment I had there with the cell battery dying. Next day I nearly froze to death in an auto parts parking lot. Note to self: When the timing chain comes out in two pieces, there's probably damage you can't see.

I think the sound of slag going in the ear does it for me..

I wear earplugs now when I weld overhead.

Getting an infection in your face caused by dental work, and then having to get 4 root canals at one time to fix the problem. I don't mind teeth work, but there where some weird sounds going on and it was rather uncomfortable.

Too Funny. I was under my daughters vehicle working on it about six months ago. Little did I know I had developed an ear infection. All of the sudden vertigo set in and the world started spinning. All I could think was that the vehicle was falling on me. I paniced trying to get the heck out from under there and put a nasty knot on my head. When I got out from under there, it took me a minute to reallize the world was still spinning around and it wasn't from bumping my head. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

I was taking a rare casting break tonight. I was laying in the grass watching the sun go down and sippin' on Knob Creek when I heard the sound. It was at the exact moment that I cut a big ol, juicy honkin' fart in my waders. I giggled to myself afterwards b/c it's all fun and games while still in the waders. It's when you get back to the Jeep and unsuit that things get ugly. It ages like a fine wine. Everyone like's their own brand.

-river

:D :D

GSequoia said:
The sound of jack stands failing.

Ever notice how slow the vehicle appears to be falling?

How about the sound of a brand new truck falling off of a lift. It took it forever to hit the ground. poor kid that did it was only on his second day on the job, right out of tech school.

GSequoia said:
The sound of jack stands failing.

Ever notice how slow the vehicle appears to be falling?

I dont know... the vehicle sure seems to fall quick when you've got an arm under it as the jack stand slips out. :D

But your right, when your just standing there it does seem like everythings in slow motion, but still just a little to quick for you to do anything.

Hey River, what about the sound of that lumpy surprise while doing that?:laugh3:

old_man said:
Hey River, what about the sound of that lumpy surprise while doing that?:laugh3:

What's even worse is the sound of a grown man crying out b/c he's torn between the prospect of having to hobble it back to the Jeep for shart clean up vs. staying put b/c the fishing is just too damn good.

I've got my priorities straight. :D

my worst sound was the sound of that friggin chevy hitting my XJ head on...between my horn, and glass shattering it was heart stopping...and then i couldnt hear sh!t...i guess ur head doesnt do much for u when it goes through a window...

sat in the hospitol for two weeks didnt walk for 7months..

kid on the side walk said the sound of me screaming will sit with him forever..

only girls scream

I pulled a 12 day hospital stay, wheelchair for a couple months and crutches for a couple years. Never heard it coming :D

Ramsey said:
I pulled a 12 day hospital stay, wheelchair for a couple months and crutches for a couple years. Never heard it coming :D

Well then u kno how sucky the whole non walking sceanrio is huh? Did u flip out sometimes because you couldnt walk because i just remmeber trying to get my legs to move and they wouldnt...17 years of walking and suddenly ur in a chair its a little weird
I dont even care about all the metal parts that now make up my bones I miss my ol' XJ:rattle:

and Ramsey i screamed because im not as tough as u:laugh3:

riverfever said:
What's even worse is the sound of a grown man crying out b/c he's torn between the prospect of having to hobble it back to the Jeep for shart clean up vs. staying put b/c the fishing is just too damn good.

I've got my priorities straight. :D
Yep, NOW I can see you as a special needs teacher... LMAO

Back