• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The teardown has begun!

LOL, I havent actually opened it EVER now that I think about it. well then I guess I will just put it inside then. ..... Hey next time April gets in trouble I see a future punishment!!!! "Go clean my fridge!!!!" LOL.

LMAO!!! Hey just dont tell her it was me that gave you the idea!!! then she will get mad at me and I wont get invites to all the "Cool kid parties" thats where they teach the old guys how to use Kegeraters. HAHAHA

How about some carnage pics?

This is the motor mount that broke and stopped me from completely ripping the XJ in half, this broke and the sound of the fan hitting the frame rail was my signal to park it for the rest of the weekend :gag:
60355_1516969217852_1643138606_1267968_4830073_n.jpg

Bumper bolt digging into my $500 hand wound 190 amp at idle alternator :doh:
62052_1516969457858_1643138606_1267969_5978665_n.jpg

Axle beating on the oil pan
62052_1516969497859_1643138606_1267970_1710334_n.jpg

And how the interior sits at the moment.
62052_1516969577861_1643138606_1267972_5998322_n.jpg

Not shown is the 9" crack over the trans tunnel that you can fit your hand through :confused1 didn't find that one till I pulled the carpet :D

I'm planning on heading up to Dennis' place on Oct 2nd if anyone would like to come help me finish up swapping the wiring drivetrain and axles into the new shell I would appreciate it. I need helpers though not comedy relief - if you just want to come sit around and do nothing I'm going to beat you with the first thing that falls off my jeep :D All the wiring is loose, all that's left is to disconnect the linkage for the trans and tcase, pull the steering column and AC blower, and yank the motor trans and axles. The new shell is already stripped and sitting up there ready to go, and all the wiring in my XJ is pulled loose and ready to pull out. There may be a couple of things under the hood still attached but I'd like to keep as much of the engine harness attached as possible so I don't end up not knowing where things connect to ;)

Please PM me if you're interested. I plan on heading up friday night (the 1st), and working all day saturday and sunday. I need this to be done over that weekend, so I can get it back down the hill to my place and work on running the wiring and putting the fenders and such back on.

:D at least most of the stuff isn't going back in. the interior is going to stay bare like that for now, till the cage goes in. just need to get enough wiring back in the new shell to get it moving under its own power to I can drive it to and from the fab shop.

nope still looking Ryan. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing. the 4WP swap meet is this weekend so maybe I can pick up some cheap ones just to get my by till I can afford something decent.

nope still looking Ryan. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing. the 4WP swap meet is this weekend so maybe I can pick up some cheap ones just to get my by till I can afford something decent.

Unless they are the same compressed/extended lengths you will just cost yourself more money in the end (I know you know this) so just hold out for what you are going to run.

I have Brian the 1st/3rd/5th weekends of the month :) so this is a no go. Sorry Mike. :(

I figured andy, I tried to make it a weekend you could come up but this is kind of the only one that will work for me, im running out of time.

Back