• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the shadow

Nomercy

NAXJA Forum User
my new 'project'

oleblueandtheshadow039.jpg

oleblueandtheshadow044.jpg

put in some smoked turn signal lenses the other day with blue bulbs behind them.
oleblueandtheshadow001.jpg
looking head on the blubs really shine through even when they arnt on looks cool as hell imo
oleblueandtheshadow003.jpg
oleblueandtheshadow002.jpg

the adventures of Ol' Blue and The Shadow (with an apperance by Rubi the wonder dog, yes her name really is Rubi as in Rubicon :))
oleblueandtheshadow030.jpg

oleblueandtheshadow032.jpg

I really like the smoked lenses and blue bulbs, it looks good! How did you get a blue parking light bulb? I might just do the same only with a green one to match the Heep.

just walked in to advanced auto and picked the up :)

the lenses were cheep on ebay like 35 bucks plus shipping. online stores wanted like 120 or more

Nomercy said:
almost forgot the best part about the cherokee...

oleblueandtheshadow046.jpg
Nice score on the AX-15 too! I will be interested to see what you do with this.

I like the newest project. The only thing I dont thing is a good idea is the blue bulbs. I looked at the Oregon code's and you can only have white or amber. you can get anything from a simple fix it ticket all the way to impersonating an officer.

When I shopping and eventually bought my 98, I asked if they had one with a manual transmission. They said they would have to order it. This is a nice XJ. I like Red (mine), Yellow, or Black. I'll have to go back and look if you said, but I wonder how much you had to pay to get it.

i see white. PAINT YOUR SHOCK!!! naa just messin. love the full black jeep. thought about doing mine the same way.

in2fords said:
I like the newest project. The only thing I dont thing is a good idea is the blue bulbs. I looked at the Oregon code's and you can only have white or amber. you can get anything from a simple fix it ticket all the way to impersonating an officer.
That's the case in most areas, I believe. Red and blue up front are for cops...citizens doing that can get their car looked at very thoroughly on the side of the highway.

I never understood why it's cool to darken the covers on a light, especially with a tinted bulb behind them. Turn (and brake) signals are there for visibility and smoked covers limit that. Then again, maybe that's why I'm 20+ years and well over 300,000 miles (non-commercial) accident-free. :shrug:

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Some lense tinting doesn't really disrupt the visibility of the light. But some I've seen are so dark that you can barely see the brake lights in the daytime.

I'm going to bet that if you were to rearend them it could be easily argued that there rear brake indicators were not functioning properly.

Any bulb other than red (rear) amber or white (front) on a vehicle is illegal in any state, as far as I know.

Forgot to post a pic of mine - all of the grey at the bottom of the doors, as well as the rocker panels and bumpers will be black as I mentioned. Just have to paint it.

n589806509_756547_4624.jpg

the blue bulbs are for who ever like them. as for the legality of it they are not, but i dont really care i can put amber ones in if i want and get it inspected. the bullbs dont actually blink blue but rather a bright white. i would have gone with amber but didnt want my smoked lenses to look amber at a certian angle. that would have defeted the whole purpose.

as for the trans, yes its a stock nv3550...its an 01. all 97-03 jeeps that were manuals got the NV3550, that includes the cherokee.

the plan for now is about a 4 inch lift and 31s or 33s and just run it on the street. then save up a fu*k ton of money and do RK long arms, a D44 in the front and either a 9" a D60 or another D44 in the rear, 35s or 37s for tires, a stak 3 speed, and a 4.7 supercharged stroker form Hesco, TNT chassis stiffeners with the RK links cut into them and welded so they are all 'one piece', UBEs, ajs front slick rock whinch bumper, OTK steering, a rockhard 4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier, and prolly some home made rocker gaurds tied into the rear main eye spring mount, and an internal/external cage (like ive seen on here) built by a local farbicator. thats gonna take a while...and thats only if i decide not to just buy another wrangler and build that up. im gonna miss my rubicon.

thanks for the compliments guys.

Back