• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official Moab Attendee "Introduce Yourself" po

My wife Kim and I will be there most of the week.

mark
orgs mfg

[quote:94cb474e60="Bones"]
Hopefully I won't have to rebuild the damn engine this year while everyone else is out wheeling. [/quote:94cb474e60]

Anybody in the Vegas area have the odds posted yet?

It's getting down to crunch time and I need to place my bet.

Thanks

What an exciting prospect of finally getting to meet some of these folks that I've associated with in cyber space for years now.

I WillyS (Bill) and sons JermS (Jeremy) and Jordan (and their friend Tomas) will be traveling from Bountiful Utah (near Salt Lake City) on wednesday evening. We are planning on staying in tremendous comfort at the Sleep Inn. This will be our 2nd Moab trip the first being last february. If I had my way, we'd be living there.

My brother Jim will also be coming along for the ride. He will be traveling in from Visalia, CA. also on wednesday (noticed some possible ride shares).

We will be driving 2 '88 cherokees. The first one is 3" lift and the other one (if were lucky) will be 6" lifted before we go. Kids got alot of work to do before we go. I'm a little concerned.

Really looking forward to meeting all of you folks.

WillyS... :D :)

This is Hagen.

I´m from Germany and this will be the third NAXJA event for me, and my fourth stay in Moab in the last five years.

Isn´t really impressive, I know, but: I´m always wheeling rentals. And when I can´t wheel, I spot. Trust me. Trust me.

And this year I will do PSH in a rental.

Be nice.

I'm X.......the artist formerly known as XJEEPER.

I'll be traveling from sunny South Ogden, Utah that is. I wheel in Moab whenever I can, usually 2-300 times a year, or less. My favorite trail is the Moab River Parkway jogging path, which I've run numerous times with my C'ed and D'ed XJ sporting 305/45/20's and open diffs,without a scratch. Last year I was voted most likely to spot you to your death.......good thing Hagen will be back this year.....less fatalities for sure.
I like to moonbathe in the nude, march backwards in the rain to the beat of a different drum, Creamsicles, Planter's dry roasted peanuts, Fiddle Faddle, 104 Octane Boost, waxing Borton's lowrider, backtire wheelies in Mickey's Hottub, any survey involving 4 out of 5 dentists, TPE, 2Low, booty-licious longarmed rigs with more flex than Stretch Armstrong, stuff that instantly doubles your heartrate, and cilantro.
I'm registered and licensed to raise boneless pigs and turkeys in 17 states, often work for food, have wheeled Golden Spike backwards in the dark from the Crack to PSM ( I can still hear the sound of it sucking......), once lost a rear tire at speed on the freeway in my XJ, once shaved all the hair off Beezil just to see what was underneath, underexposed a photo of the Sun and lost my first job the same week that I made my 2nd $1,000,000,000.00.

I look forward to the annual Fall pilgrimage to Moab and thanks to all those that give of their time and talents to pull off this blessed event. May your travel be safe, your Jeep reliable and we'll see you in Moab in a few weeks......

Jeff Turner

SeanP in da house!

My wife Marni and I will be driving out with Jes on Saturday arriving sunday at SLickrock campground.

We scored Farmer Matt and Farmer Jeni's cabin because they are having harvest hell this year. I think we have an extra bed for someone who doesn't snore and wants to split the cabin with us.

My rig sucks and has lots of body damage from Mil's spotting! ;)

SeanP

PS-My lazy ass needs to pony up cash for my NAXJA membership and everything out in Moab.

[quote:aeaf1b24be="Scott Mac."][quote:aeaf1b24be="Bones"]
Hopefully I won't have to rebuild the damn engine this year while everyone else is out wheeling. [/quote:aeaf1b24be]

Anybody in the Vegas area have the odds posted yet?

It's getting down to crunch time and I need to place my bet.

Thanks[/quote:aeaf1b24be]
I believe I saw it at Ceasars Palace yesterday..
the bet is even money on the rebuild :)

I'm Mil Thornton (GRNT) Read my license plate frame in the back and you'll understand.
Yea, I'll be there. I have to. Your all following my lead on the trails this year.
Sean P. You con trost Meee.
My wife Christy, my trusty best friend, Josie, and I will be there either Friday nite late or Sat. sometime from So. Cal. I've should be in the same spot in Slickrock Cmpgrnd that I''ve been in for the last 2 Fall Flings. I'm not cooking on Wendsday, Beezil took that duty this year, but we have better cooking tools this year so it should be faster. Of course with what I've heard and read about Beez, I'm not sure what to expect. Not sure what kinda meat your gonna get for those burgers this year.
I'll have the workshop with me again for those that are unlucky enough to do carnage to their rig. (Rick, I don't have anything that will help you find that noise, sorry,) I'll have the mig welder, floor jack, compressor with assorted airtools, grinders,drills,saws, vise etc. some various metals.
Please don't expect me to do the work for you. All the tools are their for your use, but it is my vacation also and I don't want to work on Jeeps if I don't have to. Also there will be a kerfew on the time to use the power tools. last year, the little lady was awoken at 11:00 by mechanics at the back of my motorhome pounding on parts on the vise. Needless to say, she didn't understand the Jeep Mechanic's mind when I told her it was only one of the guys getting ready for the next day. She set the kerfew Idea. You can take it up with her, but just for what it's worth, I've been married to her for 31 years and believe me when I say, YOU WON'T WIN!!
Moab is one of my favrorite places to go and I've been there alot over the last 15 years. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.
keep safe.
Mil (GRNT) Thornton
P.S. Rick, Paybacks are a bitch, buddy.

hope the jeep makes it to moab in one piece

Hello all,

Chewbacca here AKA Adam.....

I will be leaving thursday , friday or maybe sat w/ Beezil.....

As with everything , the Jeep is not ready , my moab sign up stuff is on the table, my membership renewal is on the table, and i have plenty to wrap up w/ work before i leave......so we shall see

I am hell bent on making it out and will do so no matter what.

I cant wait to meet a lot of new faces and see some old ones.

I have a 92 white XJ on 33's and about 6" of lift...... other than that the jeep is cursed and needs to see a medicine man while out west.

I cant wait to be on the road.....

Regards
Chewy

Mil, my blood pressure just went down 10 points knowing that you will have the travelling workshop. I made good use of it on BOTW (umm, EVERY FRIGGIN NIGHT). If y'all are using Mils stuff, kick down a little $$ for consumables, etc. He'll never ask for it, but it's the right thing to do.

Good news is that XJ is just about ready. Course it's still on jack stands as I write this.

SeanP

I have been looking forward to this event since leaving Moab last FF. During the course of the year my wife Shanna decided to turn pregnant (I think I had something to do with it). The due date is Nov. 9th and she insists it is too close to FF for me to go. I have tried and tried to reason with her, but it is not working. I desperately want to go and do not think the baby will come that early. However, if I miss the birth of my first, my wife will kill me and then go to work on me.

Whatever should I do?

Dave, here's the reality of the birthing process....baby's rarely just "pop out", the labor process usually takes hours so you can be a cell phone call away from hitting the road home. It only takes 3.5-4 hours to make it to Lehi from Moab so you'll be home in plenty of time if she goes into labor early. Maybe you could get the doctor to give you some odds on whether the baby will show up early or not? (we had to induce with both of our kids) :p And by getting the Moab trip out of the way, when you get back you can be totally focused on her needs and the baby's arrival :) ......OK, thats the guys perspective.

The womans perspective is that you should be staged to support her every need, and in case you haven't noticed yet, pregnant women can be extra sensitive......you'ed better get the kitchen pass approved by Shana 'cause I don't want her hunting me down after she kills you! :x
Jeff

HEY! What have you got against my Mopar bugshield? Keeps the hoppers off my windshield crossing the Plains. Oh wait, that's right, there aren't any hoppers in EeeyooTaw - the gulls got 'em all!

Didn't think anyone would notice your signature line, did you?

Now, if you have the time to compose these marginally humorous notes, you'd think you'd have the time to do more useful stuff, wouldn't you? :wink:

I did like the 30' whips, nice touch!

Later,

Mike in NJ

Hello all

Im Anthony Damas form Las Vegas NV. I have been building my Jeep for about two years now (I started about 1 hour after getting it home )
its a slow process but I also have two kids $$$$ damn kids are a money pit :lol:
So this year with 5" of lift 32" tires, a locker, and armor all around I will try and run with the big dogs..in Moab .. I have never been there but I knew since I heard about it ie seen it that I wanted to go(actually it was the footage on a show called Thats Incedible , where a full size Bronco lots its brakes on Lions back) I will be attending with the G fiend (Jennifer) and one child( Jazmen). some of you Sierrra guys might remember me from the the swamp lake run. I will be able to attend Tue the 8th and wed the ninth prior commitments keep Jennifer from staying longer.. unless she decides not to go :twisted:

I'm Rick Norman. For those of you who havent met me, I'll be the one hiding from Mil the whole week :lol:

My wife Vanda and I are driving up from Phoenix this Saturday the fifth. My dad offered to take the kids for the week, so we are stylin'. I am also bringing a few friends with me. 1 XJ, 1 YJ, and 2 TJ's (please don't hold it against me!)

Finally, yes, I am a bonehead. I admit it. Not this year however, as Vanda will kick my ass if I spend the week chasing down noises. I did finally find out what the noise was. I havent yet posted what I found, I guess you will all just have to wait and see.

Oh ya, I have a 91 XJ w/ 6.5" lift, 33's, a brand new bumper & winch, and way more body damage than last year 8)

See ya all soon. Well except for Mil, who I'm avoiding.

Rick

Mike in NJ said:
HEY! What have you got against my Mopar bugshield? Keeps the hoppers off my windshield crossing the Plains. Oh wait, that's right, there aren't any hoppers in EeeyooTaw - the gulls got 'em all!

Mike, I really do run all this stuff......really! My Mopar bug shield is one of my favorite accessories, while we don't have too many large hoppers here (actually the gulls ate CRICKETS! get your story straight, man) we do have a fair amount of bugs. And with 30 ft whips, I can tune in Australia on a good solar flare day...........BTW, it took me less than 30 seconds to come up with that, marginal humor is easy............

X

Moab

My name is Scott Smith, and I drive a silver '93 four door Sport dubbed Big Shiny with 6" of lift and 33's. Some of you may have visited my site, the XJ Zone (http://xjzone.designermeat.com), which has chronicled my four wheeling adventures for the last 5 years. I confess, haven't been to Moab in the almost 4 years since I moved to Berkeley (a very painful thing, since I grew up in Salt Lake and drove to Moab all the time to camp, cycle, and four wheel). My last trip was in my first XJ, the Hedgehog, a tired old '85 which did a valiant job but ultimately had to be retired. If you can wheel a carb'ed 2.8 v-6 with stock gears and 33's in Moab, you can wheel anything anywhere!

My wife Amy and I have wheeled with a lot of folks in the Sierra chapter, and got hooked on NAXJA with our first trip to Swamp Lake three years ago with Goatman. We've done the 'Con, Barret Lake, Fordyce, and a few other trails in the Sierra's in the three years we've been living out here. I love the mountains, but can't wait to get back to slickrock country. Amy so far has been a great spotter, but I'm hoping to get her behind the wheel for her first time in Moab. She's a little leery, but maybe she'll be inspired to see other ladies driving...

We are driving out from Berkeley on Saturday, arriving in Moab Sunday evening. We'll be camping at our favorite top secret spot up on Gold Bar rim Sun/Mon, then moving down to Slickrock CG where we're staying through Sunday morning. Planning on doing moderate to hard trails, especially Cliffhanger which was the toughest thing I did in the Hedgehog. Not afraid to take a strap:) Also making some tee-shirts...catch me at Slickrock CG or on the trail if you want to see what they look like, they're pretty cool. I love beer (and am an avid home brewer) and will likely be found at either McStiff's or Moab Brewery at the end of the day, evn though they can only sell 3.2 beer by Utah law :cry: Also bringing my digital camera and laptop, so be forewarned--if you're doing something amazing, silly, crazy, or naughty in your XJ, I will hopefully get a shot of it!

See you all in a week. Ahhhhhhh, MOAB!

Me in the Hedgehog, the last time I was in Moab for EJS '99 (check out the cool wood front bumper and the skinny tires... You can almost hear the carb flooding and the engine stalling!)

[img:deaf0454bd]http://xjzone.designermeat.com/Trails/cliffhanger/ch_25.JPG[/img:deaf0454bd]

Grant here, otherwise known as that obnoxious bloody South African. Carol and I will be trailering the yellow and black durabak'd XJ out there (from CO not south africa) at sparrow's fart on Wed. am and should be ready for the proving grounds by lunch time. we'll be there until Friday night and then we're headed to Farmington for the rockcrawling champs.

just a few odds and ends to complete before then, new clutch and flywheel into the F350, D60 to be installed in the rear and D44 to be rebuilt and installed in the front, should be a doddle!!

Screw that piss water they flog in Moab, Fat Tire is your friend - just don't get caught transporting it into UT!!

174 hours to go and only 160 hours of work left to complete.

Grant

[quote:8973e42581="Grant"]Grant here, otherwise known as that obnoxious bloody South African.

Grant[/quote:8973e42581]

Obnoxious or not, I think that it's important to encourage more African-Americans to join NAXJA and attend our events. Diversity is a good thing. Even if we do have to put up with a few "Grant's", we also get a few "Carol's". It all works out.

Marc Bryson

Salt Lake City, UT, just repaired most of the last trips carnage (minus some door-1/4 panel scratches & dents). I hope to be there on Friday-Sun. Probably traveling with 'borton' with his cool white POS.

Back