• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official Moab Attendee "Introduce Yourself" po

[quote:619bf02ccc="Erik"][quote:619bf02ccc="Grant"]Grant here, otherwise known as that obnoxious bloody South African.

Grant[/quote:619bf02ccc]

Obnoxious or not, I think that it's important to encourage more African-Americans to join NAXJA and attend our events. Diversity is a good thing. Even if we do have to put up with a few "Grant's", we also get a few "Carol's". It all works out.[/quote:619bf02ccc]

Grant, I didn't realize you were "African-American"........as for the bloody obnoxious part, well.......... :lol:
I put up with a "Carol" for nearly 4 years, there were several Recalls/TSB's listed for mine........finally traded her in for a new model. :wink:

X

Technically only Carol qualifies for the "African-American" status - she got her citizenship last year, mine is still in process. She has managed to put up with my crap the last 14 years and counting, so I better be happy she hasn't traded me in on a younger model.

The "African American" thing is a standing joke for us. Carol is one of the few whites that actually "qualify".

See you on the trail

Grant

Hey Marc B., how are those SSR's working out for you?

Where in West Jordan do you live? I just became a resident of Wonderful West Jordan as of today (Sugar Factory area).

[quote:fa3dc12fa6="David B"]Hey Marc B., how are those SSR's working out for you?

Where in West Jordan do you live? I just became a resident of Wonderful West Jordan as of today (Sugar Factory area).[/quote:fa3dc12fa6]

What are you up to? You are right in our neck of the woods. I'm in the Plum Creek subdivision on the east side of Redwood. 8430 South. Brent is in the area as well. Those SSR's worked fairly well, I just passed them on to someone else for another set of MT/R's {35"}. I do too much on road driving for the Swampers, in my opinion. Are you still running the 32"?

I actually traded them in for a set of 33's, but now I've gone to 8.5" of lift and am looking for a set of 35's. It looks like I am going to make it to Moab this year, but probably just Thursday morning until Saturday morning. Why hasn't anyone started a Utah chapter here at NAXJA? Jeff, are you listening?

Lostman

yup you read that right I go by Lostman, I am the sole MJ that showed up last year and will be there again this year with a few more inches and longarms on the MJ. If you look at the article and pic from last years run you will see the truck hasn't changed colors like i had hoped to do yet, but the suspension has. I will be seeing you all on thursdays run.
Kenneth Lostman
Delta Utah

Hi, I'm Roger Bunch from Santa Fe, NM. My wife, Mattie and I will be arriving in Moab on Monday but need to take a trip to SLC to pickup a new D44 rear axle. This will be our third trip to Moab in 2002 and our first official NAXJA event. We met a few of you on the Blanca Peak trail in August and looking forward to meeting everyone else. We drive a well used faded blue 1989 XJ with ARB's, 6" lift and 33s.

Roger

[quote:ba6f550c02="Roger"]Hi, I'm Roger Bunch from Santa Fe, NM. My wife, Mattie and I will be arriving in Moab on Monday but need to take a trip to SLC to pickup a new D44 rear axle. This will be our third trip to Moab in 2002 and our first official NAXJA event. We met a few of you on the Blanca Peak trail in August and looking forward to meeting everyone else. We drive a well used faded blue 1989 XJ with ARB's, 6" lift and 33s.

Roger[/quote:ba6f550c02]

Did you need a delivery on the D44? I'm sure that could be arranged....{anything to get me down there, as it's looking more and more remote--Jeeps in the shop today....probably using my 'trip funds'}

[quote:dd74005e3c]Did you need a delivery on the D44? I'm sure that could be arranged....{anything to get me down there, as it's looking more and more remote--Jeeps in the shop today....probably using my 'trip funds'}[/quote:dd74005e3c]
Sure, I could use the help. I'll send you a message so we can work out the details.

Roger

[quote:6da13c40ab="Grant"]Grant here, otherwise known as that obnoxious bloody South African. Carol and I will be trailering the yellow and black durabak'd XJ out there (from CO not south africa) at sparrow's fart on Wed. am and should be ready for the proving grounds by lunch time. we'll be there until Friday night and then we're headed to Farmington for the rockcrawling champs. [/quote:6da13c40ab]

Grant, we're spending Tues night in Las Vegas, and we'll get out as early as we can so we have time to run Lower Proving Ground before Beezil attemps to cook some hamburgers Wed night. If we both get there too late for some reason, we can always head over for a quick night run after the burgers. :) The trail is real close to town and only about a hundred yards long, but the first and last obstacles are good ones.

I hope everything is going well with the new axle install. See you soon,

Richard G

[quote:9b629a8d40="Roger"][quote:9b629a8d40]Did you need a delivery on the D44? I'm sure that could be arranged....{anything to get me down there, as it's looking more and more remote--Jeeps in the shop today....probably using my 'trip funds'}[/quote:9b629a8d40]
Sure, I could use the help. I'll send you a message so we can work out the details.

Roger[/quote:9b629a8d40]
don't know if marc is going to make it shop didn't fix anything. so if you still need the thing taken down, I could strap it to my trailer and have it down there friday morning when I'm heading down.

My name is Keith Orr, I go by Casper as far as nicknames go, and a few others, but this is a family club so I wont post those. My wife Shelly and I will be arriving on Wednesday, hopefully around noon. We didn't know if we were going to make it or not. We have had some XJ problems which we thought would keep us from going, but we are ready and pumped. We had to miss last year due to unexpected enexpecteds (sp?). We have been members (#40), since the FF'99 Colorado run, and made the 2000 Moab Fall Fling. We are really excited to meet old friends again, and all the new members to the naxja family.
Anyway, I drive an 87 with 6.5" of lift, 32x11.50 BJG AT KO's, rear locked, Custom safari rack with 6 KC's, custom rear bumper = (XJeeper,you need to check out my new rear bumper.) yada, yada, yada............. You can't miss us, we are in the turd brown XJ. We will also be bringing our spastic 1 1/2 year old yellow Lab. This will be an experience I know we will never forget! See you all soon.........

Keith and Shelly Orr
Payson, Arizona

Back