• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official CraigsList Thread...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2327200053.html

cherokee 1996 rollcage and 33s. Sounds too good to be true maybe?

Jeep isn't road worthy for a daily driver. It has no hatch, no hood, no fenders and, no doors. It takes quite a few cranks to turn it over but once its going it sounds good. No ticking or anything of that nature! Its a nice play rig but thats about it. The cage looks decent but could use some rewelding & more triangulation(?).
Its a 2 door with D35/D30 & a mix & match 4" lift kit (spacers & shackles). It was used for a "prerunner truck" in Lucerne & Phelan on weekends. He wouldn't diclose any information about registration unless I had cash in hand.

EDIT: alright guys he txted me & said it has a lean sale title on it? He's had it almost 2 years & never tryed to register it...So I'm not sure how that works. Most likely you'll have back taxes, unless you want it as a play toy!

If you got the parts to fix it, it could be worth while as its missing a few body parts lol! Maybe try to get it for $400 or something/

Last edited:
Jeep isn't road worthy for a daily driver. It has no hatch, no hood, no fenders and, no doors. It takes quite a few cranks to turn it over but once its going it sounds good. No ticking or anything of that nature! Its a nice play rig but thats about it. The cage looks decent but could use some rewelding & more triangulation(?).
Its a 2 door with D35/D30 & a mix & match 4" lift kit (spacers & shackles). It was used for a "prerunner truck" in Lucerne & Phelan on weekends. He wouldn't diclose any information about registration unless I had cash in hand.

EDIT: alright guys he txted me & said it has a lean sale title on it? He's had it almost 2 years & never tryed to register it...So I'm not sure how that works. Most likely you'll have back taxes, unless you want it as a play toy!

If you got the parts to fix it, it could be worth while as its missing a few body parts lol! Maybe try to get it for $400 or something/

My bro needs a new engine for his daily driven 92 wrangler, what would be involved with a swap from this ride??? ECU, harness??

For around 500, it'd be a cheap deal..

elowe65,
Your buddy has a 4.0 in his wrangler right, that hes trying to replace? Or are you asking about a complete 4.0 swap? like swapping a 4cyl for the 4.0?

Either will work as the jeep xj is completle & running.

Last edited:
You can actually make money by buying that jeep xj & parting it out! Shit I'll buy the rims & tires off you if you end up getting it! Theres some money back right there lol.
Anyways if its a 4.0 to 4.0 swap, you will be golden. You will have everything you need! You will need to swap some brackets/accesories & maybe the water pump & the motor mounts. But since you have a 4.0 already it will as simple as unbolting & bolting! Use the wrangler parts on the new motor. Easy as that! A 4.0 is a 4.0 lol. As far as I know its just the brackets/accesories & maybe the water pump. Other wise your good to go bud.

Now if your doing a 2.5L to 4.0 swap its a little harder, and I'll have to find out whats needed.

Last edited:
it's a 4.0L in my bro jeep now so it should be a easy swap....

He's has a bad rear seal and just figure it'll be easier to swap and rebuild his engine as it has 190K on it.

Depending on how the cage is built i would be interested in cutting it out and putting it in mine.

Is it an internal cage for a 4 door if so im all over that.

i didnt see it was a 2 door

Back