• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Yeah, the only nice thing about the multifuel is that they run on anything, and I'm pretty sure mine's had the fuel compensator removed already.

I completely agree, no sense in blowing money on putting in another shite motor. I'm hoping to find a 300 or 330hp 2500rpm rev limited cummins 8.3 for it, but won't have any money for something stupid like that till quite a while from now.

There was a complete 8.3 truck for sale on FB a little while ago for $1500 I believe. From the cab back was just bare frame rails, perfect for a swap candidate.

meh. i did neon injectors and idk if they added power. def smoother idle and throttle response tho

i did a hack and weld on my 242 in my 93. worked mint.
You were supposed to use srt4 injectors

Fartsmello, try spraying the boost hoses down with soapy water or simple green or anything that will bubble and then running the truck. Ive heard of a lot of those having pin holes in the hoses you'd never see, but will blow the boost right out. If the truck doesn't see boost it won't deliver as much fuel(duh) but that might be why unplugging the MAP sensor makes a difference, it could be defaulting to a rich mixture. You roll coal now bro? Is it intercooled? Any holes in the charge air cooler? Spray that down too when you run it.

want something a little nicer for DD/winter duties. it will not be getting wheeled. i'll get another xj when i have the time/money for wheeling again.

Yeah, the only nice thing about the multifuel is that they run on anything, and I'm pretty sure mine's had the fuel compensator removed already.

I completely agree, no sense in blowing money on putting in another shite motor. I'm hoping to find a 300 or 330hp 2500rpm rev limited cummins 8.3 for it, but won't have any money for something stupid like that till quite a while from now.
Your still thinking too small. Cummins classic 600
meh. i did neon injectors and idk if they added power. def smoother idle and throttle response

Completely different animal, your injectors are not oil fired and go directly into the combustion chamber. Its the same reason a diesel gets huge power from a tuner, and a car gets a few hp.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

want something a little nicer for DD/winter duties. it will not be getting wheeled. i'll get another xj when i have the time/money for wheeling again.

Get a Subaru. You'll be getting a much more reliable car for your money if you plan on spending less than $3k. Any 2.2 5 spd will run forever and get you 30mpg.

There was a complete 8.3 truck for sale on FB a little while ago for $1500 I believe. From the cab back was just bare frame rails, perfect for a swap candidate.
There are a million 8.3s but most don't have the 2500 rev limit or 300hp. Those are harder to find without spending lots of money. 300hp isn't needed but it will still be painfully slow if I don't get the high rpm limit.

Your still thinking too small. Cummins classic 600

Completely different animal, your injectors are not oil fired and go directly into the combustion chamber. Its the same reason a diesel gets huge power from a tuner, and a car gets a few hp.

I almost got an 8v92 silver a while ago horse trading but then realized id have to cut the frame rails, entire grille/rad, and fenders out to fit it. Other problem is DDs are 2 stroke and really slow rev wise and id be limited to some obscenely low speed without a double over tranny or something.

Last edited:

So i get to spend the day hoisting sections of chimneys into place. And its at a cemetery place. And its for the big furnaces they have. And its not for heat either. I lift the strangest stuff sometimes.

Ken, the only logically swap is to just grab a p-pump 12v then. Hell get a p-pump 8.3 and you can do whatever you want to it. No need to worry about the rev limiter, its all easily changed around. I bet even a 5.9 would be fine, couple little tweaks and it'll be at 300hp no problem.

I don't really want a juiced up motor, I want a stock one that is bulletproof at that power level. The last thing I need or want is a mildly unreliable replacement motor for my current mildly unreliable motor.

5.9s are in high demand, everyone knows what they're worth on craigslist, etc. I've got no idea what my plan for getting an 8.3 is at this point since I have probably 6-8 months at least before I can even think about spending that kind of money, but it probably involves auctions and a smashed up RV.

Nac Lots-O-Diesel Thread

I don't really want a juiced up motor, I want a stock one that is bulletproof at that power level. The last thing I need or want is a mildly unreliable replacement motor for my current mildly unreliable motor.

5.9s are in high demand, everyone knows what they're worth on craigslist, etc. I've got no idea what my plan for getting an 8.3 is at this point since I have probably 6-8 months at least before I can even think about spending that kind of money, but it probably involves auctions and a smashed up RV.

Are you on crack, 12v's are like the 350 if the diesel world

Back