• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The JD is parked in the barn. Time to play with da CAT

I am inspired...
Its like American Chopper XJ style- "I want a theme-buggy!"

now if only I had the time, skills, resources, oh, and the money. :)
Looks good man!

Codeman

Matt,

I'm running XJ rears' in my YJ flipped for the extra wheelbase. I really really advise a traction bar. Even with an s10 leaf spring or two there is no way Edit (I was^) able to control the axle wrap. That long side of the spring being up in the front will wrap up the second it sees any torque. With the stuff you guys run out in JV I'd prob through a traction bar on it. But I'm all for seeing how it goes as is. I'm sure loaded down with 4 passengers and gear it'd be a diff story then with 1 driver. Gotta post some pics of it.

*I'm gonna dissapear back into the darkness again soon :)

Later,
Sean

Its beautiful. My XJ wants to look like that with all (or most) of its body panels...:D

Its rigs like this that make me feel foolish for spending the money and time to build mine and only have it turn out to be a fraction of what yours is.

KICK FREAKIN ARSE

Okie Terry said:
Hey Scrappy, who really welded that, THE OWL?
:D

funny.. This is not "okiefied" in any way! Matt even said I prolly went a little over board with the rosettes. So dont give me that owl garbage. :laugh3:

Okie Terry said:
Hey Scrappy, who really welded that, THE OWL?
:D

I hired Owl on as a consultant cause his rig is da bomb & his knowledge of fabrication is second to none. Those welds are as good as we could get the JB weld in there with our fingers. Owl says that the JB is better than the liquid steel so we went that route...

I know full well the axel wrap could be a problem & if it is than it is. I'll deal with it than, but it should work just fine for now.

Matt

Mark Hinkley said:
Could you make the pictures larger, I can't see them!

:rolleyes:

RESIZE!

hinkley

get DSL

VERY nice ride!
That's some serious welding skill displayed there. Nice job! :wave:

I keep looking at it and I like everything I see!

I just gotta ask though, how much would you estimate it would cost to do this if you had to buy all the parts and supplies out of pocket?

nhrocker said:
I just gotta ask though, how much would you estimate it would cost to do this if you had to buy all the parts and supplies out of pocket?

Weeeelll.. since Matt is prolly not ganna be on for a week or so... I could tell you this.

HE DOESNT KNOW.. and he dont want to! We guestamated you could do something like this around 15k or so. He had ALOT of the parts before from the rollover jeep. atlas, arb, axle, lift, etc. In time, I worked 4 months, every day, 10 hours a day. HARD FRICKIN WORK. Alot of "well lets try this, oopps! Maybe not. How about this..." and so on. Both of us racked our minds most everyday during the tube build days for new inovative ideas. I mean you dont build something like this and now want it to look kick ass right?

IMO, the things that make it stand out among the others are this. Its a 4seater buggy, with ALL spares and tools to do the work required. Has a complete working STOCK dash with working GLOVE BOX! Has a stock center console. Those just make it different than most everything else.

Did any one notice the narrowing job we did with it?

Matt

Awesome rig.

Dash and console are the only XJ parts?

Farmer, Scrappy....

I'm curious as to what led you to cut off the back half after chopping everything else away? (referencing the first "before" picture) Looks like it would have made a bit less work leaving the stock platform and using the original leaf spring locations rather than having to create new ones when you did the tube work. Did you do this to locate the leafs further inboard than the stock location? Is the new tube framework in the rear higher than the original XJ rear section was?

I think the rig is awesome! You guys did a helluva job! :thumbup:

Back