• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The JD is parked in the barn. Time to play with da CAT

here are a few to *update* things.

This is the radius arm mount (oh and be nice about the welds! that was the first thing built and it was early!)
p10100540uh.jpg

This is the top of the intigrated tranny/radius arm mount
p10100494gk.jpg

This is a general shot of the underside (that atlas was clocked like a b!tch) For some reason I dont have any pictures of the floor..... hmm
p10100524jn.jpg

This is a side shot of the bottom. Cant tell to well, but it is flat as a button!
p10101521at.jpg

That is all from me for now.

Matt
:speepin:

I wish I had the know how to do something that nice. JIM.

BrettM said:
you guys are way too easy to mess with :kissyou:

the damn problem is that "modern well engineered front coil 4 link" was engineered for 28" tires, no lift and a crappy axle. My truck's ability exceeds the goals I had in the build, and at very reasonable cost, so I am very pleased with my decisions.

It only gives me greater respect for custom link setups like URFs and Goatman's, but I can still have fun and camp next to Buck or Spider with the best of 'em. :cheers:

Your rig is far superior to mine
is that what you were looking for? maybe i wasn't clear enough in my first post. GOOD WORK.

You can dish it out, but can't take a little? Come on man, I thought we were going to go a few rounds. :rattle: Yes, I want you to bow before me, for I am Farmer lord of the almond tree...

Matt

Last edited:
Paul S said:
Looks great Matt, you've done a lot of work since the test run.
Did you change the winch mount, I thought it was below the bumper?
Paul
Jeni broke the winch on that one section on sledge just before she took that optional line. It didn't like being pounded into that rock so I felt it would be a little safer up on top.

Matt

Mark Hinkley said:
Could you make the pictures larger, I can't see them!

:rolleyes:

RESIZE!

hinkley

hey mark... shut it!

You see how much i post? Yeah... i know nothin bout this intranet thingy.

OK MANG? :wave:

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
Brett, I'm 23" of clearance at the belly

Matt

hmm,

I thought you'd end up with more than that. My YJ on stock Flat springs and worn 35's has 22inches of clearance all the way underneath. What size lift springs are you running?

Majo said:
hmm,

I thought you'd end up with more than that. My YJ on stock Flat springs and worn 35's has 22inches of clearance all the way underneath. What size lift springs are you running?

Its not a whole lot of clearance, but it is what it is. The front springs are ORGS 3" springs with a 1.5" spacer. We figure the front sits about 6-7"s of lift. The coils mount on top of the arms, so figure 2"s or so. The rear are National 11 leaf 4.5" springs. Now they run 10 leafs, we removed the smallest one. Because they lack of wieght, the back is just a hair taller than the front.

Traction bar?! ha..... no. These springs will only see a little less than a seasons use. After that, plans are in for a linked rear. they should last. should is the key word. We feel confident they will because the shear amount of leafs in the pack.

FarmerMatt said:
I flipped the rear springs around & am at 109" wheel base for those steep climbs.

Matt

Traction bar?! ha..... no. These springs will only see a little less than a seasons use. After that, plans are in for a linked rear. they should last. should is the key word. We feel confident they will because the shear amount of leafs in the pack.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Jes said:
Matt,
You're my hero. When I grow up I want to be just like you... I love you man.

Jes

You can be. Just learn to eat like Matt and I and you'll be on your way. Losing you girly figure is the first step. :chef:

Dude, that thing IS NOT gonna protect you from flying rocks......beware!

Are you gonna install a windshield before BOTW?

Rick

Back