• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The JD is parked in the barn. Time to play with da CAT

XJEEPER said:
nice progress shots matt......looks nice, but will Jen let you drive this one occasionally?
I highly, highly doubt it. I even had to build in the slides out of the old front seats so that her short scrawny legs could reach the pedals...

Here's a pic showing the amount we cut in the begining during a mock up stage. WE actually cut up more to just behind the front seats, but left the framerails the same length. The rear seat is 36" wide & fits my 6 & 11 year old boys snugly. I wouldn't want to stuff 2 adults back there for long unless their names were Loren & Andy...

Matt

matts004.jpg

HTeK said:
friggin sick....

by far the BEST looking xj buggy i have ever seen. now lets see her in action!! :dunce:

Leaving for BOTW this Friday so you won't have to wait long. Looks like I chose the wrong tires though. I may need to go find me some boggers. I HATE MUD.

Matt

That rig is sick!!!! I'm not worthy.

Looking forward to seeing you beat on that. I'm diggin the paint. t-minus 48 hours until departure.

Damn. :eek:

Kaczman said:
Those front fenders are sweet. I may need to fire the Sawzall back up.

-Jon

My thoughts exactly.....

Looks good, so if you shortened the rear seating area did you loose wheelbase or just get more cargo area?

Weasel said:
My thoughts exactly.....

Looks good, so if you shortened the rear seating area did you loose wheelbase or just get more cargo area?

The rear seat is in the "stock" location. The floor is just reworked under it. I flipped the rear springs around & am at 109" wheel base for those steep climbs.

Matt

Back