• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Jank

Thanks 831..... read through your build thread.... Love the cage and as bad as the damage was on that Rubicon trip you guys got out of there on your own. Very cool....

Thanks guys..... When I got rid of the MJ for a truggy I looked at every picture I could find and really only liked a couple of them. It's hard to try and get an XJ nose to look right after it's been narrowed. I've got a big wheeling trip next week and I'm working till after dark every night trying to get it finished.

Got the Hydro assist mounted up over the weekend as well as most of the painting. I also finished up the bump and limit on the front axle as well as mounting up the harnesses and radiator support bracket. Got a big ride this week and I'm burning the midnight oil to finish this thing up.

front_zpsh3ddccwn.jpg

side_zpslolqsr42.jpg

flex_zps4pwqfsli.jpg

I like the white links. Makes it look like you never took off your pvc mockups.

Hah.... they do look white huh? The sun was really bright and reflecting off the freshly painted LCAs .... they are actually grey, the same as the steering.

Well It finished up just in time to head to IVY for a ride with John Herrick from Crawl Magazine. I've been talking with him for the past few months and he showed up Wednesday morning with his 04 TJ Long John Silver. We spend 2 days wheeling and he is a great guy. My rig did awesome and here is a pic of a trail called "Cable" that I've never even attempted in the MJ but made quick work of in Chief.

jeep_zpse0vp395b.jpg

A few pics of Chief working some of the bigger ledges in IVY..... I was really happy with how it performed. I pulled ledges with 38's and 1/2 ton axles that I've seen scores of big rigs and buggies fail at.

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0390.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0571.JPG

DSC_0573.JPG

DSC_0576.JPG

DSC_0587.JPG

Good eye brother....I broke both of them.... they were PROCOMP single wraps and they couldn't take it. Separated the passengers side on the first trail and replaced it with a piece of seatbelt that I had to keep tightening and the drivers the next day on the second to last trail. On the last pic my spring isn't even in the bucket.... hah... good times.....

Thanks Wilco... I loved the MJ but I couldn't even get it on these ledges.... let alone climb them. Again I'm real happy with how it did.....

I would love to truggy my xj shell. Need to build a go fast vehicle this next round once the mj's done though lol if 89eliminator would come help me it'd be done lol jk Wade

Back