• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get done before Winterfest" List.....

Got the CB installed. Also drilled and tapped a hole in the front bumper to mount the flag, found my hitch shackle, checked to make sure the sway bar disco pins weren't rusted in place, tested the winch, and looked underneath to make sure nothing is ready to fall off. Jeep is ready, I think...

Thanks Josh, I appreciate that.
I've got one, I just can't locate the darn thing. I plan on looking again tomorrow. I'm not really worried about the joints, it's the not knowing where the needle is that really bothers me.:D

JIM, you don't have it do you?

Yes, I've got one. I'll bring it in tonight.

JIM.

New shoes and I washed it this morning. You have to show up pimpin'

tn_bfg1.jpg

Color me jealous.

So, productive weekend this weekend. All I've got left is to properly bleed the brakes, put the 31's on it for the trailer ride out and torque all of new suspension stuf to spec. and make sure that the leaf spring bolts are going to come out of te rear since I'll be swapping shackles in the campground. Oh, and bolt some shocks up at the campground too.

jeep has a two stage journey, so it pulled away from this house this morning-this truly is the hope i got everything i needed done cause its gone now time!

winterfest this week! only 760ish miles to go...

Get this done!

I keep waiting to see that marked off on the list...

mac 'Pat better bring that newtohim tow rig' gyvr

Cutting it close, getting tow hooks installed on Friday.

Can anyone post a picture of the tow hooks installed so I can see what they look like installed so I know.

just gotta pack, get a flag. might even bring the geetar along.

disco "kum ba yah" steve

just gotta pack, get a flag. might even bring the geetar along.

disco "kum ba yah" steve

Campfire songs?

That may be a WF first. Well, it'd be a WF first for me.

Cutting it close, getting tow hooks installed on Friday.

Can anyone post a picture of the tow hooks installed so I can see what they look like installed so I know.

unbolt three bumper bolts. Line up hook bracket on those, install three bumper bolts loosely, install big 5/8 bolt in the rear hole, tighten. Reinstall bumper.

it's easy when you have it in your hand looking at it.

Springs still haven't arrived... So I guess I won't have the new setup... Ohh well as long as these don't fly apart I guess I'll be good...

Still can't source a flag that I want. I'd like to bolt one through the light mount on the rear of the JCR roofrack, but can't find a 1-2ft, just 48in... Any ideas??

I need to get a new flag too. I'm just going to buy another wallyworld bike flag. I lost mine last year somewhere along the trip. I bought it for WF 05. I think it was less than $5.

Austin, you could cut the fiberglass pole on one of those and probably make it work the way you want.

While we're on the subject of flags... I know the Badlands ones are expensive ($20?) but they are fairly high quality and hold up well. I noticed last weekend that their design is changed, and the bolt at the bottom of the flag is the right size/pitch to thread into a 1/4 NPT air compressor fitting, which allows you to make a pretty slick quick disconnect. I thought it was cool... though Badlands is the only place I've ever been where a flag is required.

I need to get a new flag too. I'm just going to buy another wallyworld bike flag. I lost mine last year somewhere along the trip. I bought it for WF 05. I think it was less than $5.

Austin, you could cut the fiberglass pole on one of those and probably make it work the way you want.

Hale, I have one. Want me to throw it in the Jeep for you?

I cut my fiberglass pole about a foot in length total.
I duct tape it to the roof rack.
never lost it yet!!

BOB

I Zip-Tie mine to my CB antenna

Back