• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The 'fixed' quarter from BB

Mr. Pickle

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang, I wanted to post a couple of pics of the Jeep after her plastic surgery. The swelling has gone down and I don't think it looks too bad (it couldn't have looked any worse). Please note that neither my buddy or myself are body repair people or painters. Let me know what you think and please keep the laughing to a minimum.

Before:
PC280599.jpg

After:
P1140613.jpg

P1140615.jpg

P1140614.jpg

WOW. You must not have A.D.D. LOL. That looks waaaaay better than anything I could have done, I'm really impressed. Now it looks like a minor trail rash, whereas before it looked like, well, it got rearended :).

Nice work, A+ job!

WOW!! that thing took a hit. How quickly they go down hill.......just a couple months ago it was stock and purdy. haha

Looks fine, esp. figuring it will get messed up again eventually.

Looks "jeeptastic"
Wear it like a badge of honor.
Good job gettin rid of the rock catcher at the bottom. Did you cut off the other side as well.

Yea both sides match. It took some getting used to but I like the cut lowers. New bumper here I come!

Mr. Pickle said:
Yea both sides match.

Are you SURE about that? LOL

You can always fab up some quarter panel protection. Ask HellBilly, he did a great job. I will have something to cover mine one day, as soon as I get another job and get back on track.

The repair looks good! Good job!

I like Dan's idea - "tag it"

rpraterxj said:
Are you SURE about that? LOL You can always fab up some quarter panel protection. Ask HellBilly, he did a great job. I will have something to cover mine one day, as soon as I get another job and get back on track. The repair looks good! Good job! I like Dan's idea - "tag it"

I felt bad for the good side so I took a sledge to it so it wouldn't feel left out.

Yea I am going to grab the sharpie in the morn and tag the details. That was a cool idea. I was thinking about a cover/protetion too. Maybe I'll grab a thin sheet of something and then go crazy with the pop rivets.... maybe some gold plated diamond plate. Haha, bling bling!!!

Mr. Pickle said:
I felt bad for the good side so I took a sledge to it so it wouldn't feel left out.

Yea I am going to grab the sharpie in the morn and tag the details. That was a cool idea. I was thinking about a cover/protetion too. Maybe I'll grab a thin sheet of something and then go crazy with the pop rivets.... maybe some gold plated diamond plate. Haha, bling bling!!!

Ha Ha! Maybe some get some diamond plate aluminum and polish it to a bright shine.... LOL

Mr. Pickle said:
I was thinking about a cover/protetion too. Maybe I'll grab a thin sheet of something and then go crazy with the pop rivets.... maybe some gold plated diamond plate. Haha, bling bling!!!

Schorr metals has a ton of polished aluminum diamond plate you can buy for scrap price of 3.85/lb... make some bling corner gaurds... wont stop the corner from getting folded the next time some one hits ya tho... purely a bling thing... The repair looks great by the way...

If you want a used rear quarter section, I will save it for you. me and my brother are cutting one up this weekend, and I will save that section for you if you want it

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
If you want a used rear quarter section, I will save it for you. me and my brother are cutting one up this weekend, and I will save that section for you if you want it

Justin
Justin, can I have the the little ball ended bolts that the rear hatch cylinders attach to? I replaced my cylinders and want to use the old ones to hold my hood up. Thanks.

Mr. Pickle said:
Yea I am going to grab the sharpie in the morn and tag the details. That was a cool idea.

Did you want me to Autograph it for you?

Now that you got that first dent out of the way you can really wheel it.

One day you are waxing it up.... the next day you are cutting the roof off.....

sig.jpg

Just leave it in saki669's neighborhood overnight and "they" will tag it for you.

xjjeeper19 said:

Justin

Thanks for the offer but I am just going to leave it as is and tag it up.

Back