• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Final Straw on Climate Change Lies???

From NASA's website
"Throughout the centuries, attempts have been made to produce forecasts based on weather lore and personal observations"

Some things never change. The main difference between 200 years ago and now, is folks are leverage the ever changing climate for financial gain, power and control to the extent of manupulating world economies and driving social engineering.

Anyone declaring that science is settled is not a scientist, but a propagandist with an ulterior motive.

HistoryOfSettledScience-big.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with some of that. Not long ago fat was vilified as fattening according to nutrition science. Turns out grain/carbohydrates are to much to blame for obesity and should not be at the bottom of the food pyramid as it once was. However, some of ideas expressed in that that cartoon such as the earth being the center of the universe were never really anything more than assumptions later dispelled by careful observation. I think planetary motion theory is pretty well settled otherwise our interplanetary space shots (Mariner, Mars landings, etc) would not be executed with such precise accuracy as they are.

I'm for reduction of green house gasses, I'm against some sort of tax scheme to try and control them.

I read about the sources of green house gasses and the list kind of floored me. Slash and burn farming accounts for around 20% and compounds the problem by replacing the burned vegetation with farm products that aren't nearly as good at capturing and storing CO2 as the original native species.

Cement production accounts for a large portion of the CO2 output. Electricity production is the largest single source, somewhere around 32%.

Climate change? Seems to me the earths climate is constantly changing and goes through cycles.

One thing that did floor me was that all the green house gas reductions in a five year period from 2005-2010 were negated by the eruption of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano in Iceland. Which wasn't a relatively large eruption.

Simple solutions are often the best solutions, more government and some convoluted tax scheme is unlikely to be the answer.

Over six billion people on the planet, if each person planted a tree, the math says, that would put heck of dent in the CO2. Re-forestation.

Products that last, way fewer consumables. Instead of a car that wears out in a decade, build them to last a lifetime. Pretty much everything we use could be built to last, instead of fabricating the same items over and over again. The energy savings would be enormous.

There are solutions other than taxes.

Back