• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Final Straw on Climate Change Lies???

Follow the money indeed:

Popular Science reports that the American Petroleum Institute organized a task force to spend $5.9 million to "discredit climate scientists and quash growing public support of curbing emissions." The strategy, according to a leaked memo titled the "Global Climate Science Communications Plan," included efforts to "recruit, train, and pay willing scientists to sow doubt about climate science among the media and the public."

http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-climate-change-real-170400003.html

Today is really warm were I live, much more so than the past few days. It is Fall and supposed to be cooling down. Therefore, Winter has been canceled. I am headed out to Wal-mart to buy some bermuda shorts.

With regard to this link from xjeeper

http://principia-scientific.org/lat...-fail-real-evidence-slays-carbon-science.html

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/...es-and-the-thermosphere-is-making-the-rounds/

here is what Anthony Watt of Watts up With That, climate change skeptic/denialist had to say (my bold for emphasis):

"I loathe having to write this story because I truly dislike giving any attention to the people who are known as the “slayers” from the “Slaying the Sky Dragon” book. They now operate under the moniker of “Principia Scientific”.
But, somebody has to do it because some really bad mangling of the intent of a NASA press release by the “slayers” group is getting some traction. They have completely misread the NASA study and reinterpreted it for their purpose, claiming in a story titled “New Discovery: NASA Study Proves Carbon Dioxide Cools Atmosphere” :
NASA’s Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun. The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry, (or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the energy balance of air above our planet’s surface."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/...es-and-the-thermosphere-is-making-the-rounds/

Last edited:
Focus on these two.......

Arctic_Ice_Growth_in_2013.jpg

This one is epic....'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...scientific-fraud-i-have-seen-in-my-long-life/

Here is a response to Lewis' allegations about API:

"In his letter, Lewis speculated that Council’s policy positions on climate change must be driven by financial interest, adding that Callan’s own physics department “would lose millions a year if the global warming bubble burst”. The APS press release categorically rejected the notion that APS as an organization is benefitting financially from climate change funding and further pointed out that the vast majority of the Society’s members do not work on climate and derive no personal benefit from such research support.

Callan, in his reply, criticized Lewis’s speculation about the role of financial interest in determining the attitude of physicists to climate change as unacceptably disrespectful of the intellectual integrity of his scientific colleagues. He also noted that Lewis’s statement about the reliance of Callan’s department on climate science funding was wrong, as the actual level of such funding was precisely zero."

http://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/201011/memberresigns.cfm

I ("Rod Knee") have personally been a member of the Geol Soc of America (currently inactive) and have known many members, none of which worked in climate let alone received funding for climate studies. In fact I have a hard time recalling any of them receiving funding for anything. All of them paid dues though, which I am sure is the typical financial arrangement with all the above listed professional associations.

As for the Arctic yearly ice extent for 2013, I have already pasted a comment from the Nat'l Ice Data Center noting that this extent is one of the smallest on record and succeeds the record small ice minimum of 2012. Climate is the generally prevailing atmospheric conditions occurring through decades and centuries. As noted by the Ice Data Center variation from one year to another does not constitute a climate trend.

Temp_anomaly.jpg

The above chart show temp anomolies going back to the late 1800's. While the overall trend is warming, there are plenty of short term fluctuations within any segment of the overall trend. These fluctuations represent alternating short term cooling and warming. None of these short term fluctuations when looked at apart from the big picture reveal much about the long term trend. We don't know now whether the increase in the Arctic ice minimum going from 2012 to 2013 is a short term fluctuation or the start of a new long term trend, could be either one.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

It's simple for me Rod.
God made Earth.
God made man.
Man replaces God with "Science".
Man mocks God, thinking he can control Earth with science.
Man leverages "Science" to gain wealth, power and control over fellow man.
God will not be mocked.......

Ummhhh...OK. As an agnostic some of that skips across my forehead but I agree that mother nature almost always gets the last laugh even as dry as her sense of humor is at times. and yes, people tend to do whatever it takes to get the upper hand. Its a dog eat dog world.

If you and I ever find ourselves in the same wheeling group (hey, it could happen), feel free to mock the emissions spewing out of my tailpipe. They won't be any cleaner than yours.

And neither of our rigs emissions are doing diddly to alter the Earth's climate.

Well, I don't know the precise meaning of "diddly" but what I will say is that when our group runs Moab Rim, our impact on the atmospheric composition is about the same as the effect that dropping a glass of water into the ocean has on global sea level.

When mother nature decides to take a flea bath we're at her mercy, so until then...I'm gonna wheel my Jeep, AutoX my car and shoot guns at stuff. Lighten up fellas, Moab is freaking 4 days away......for me! :D but I'll admit that anything that makes Al Gore look like an asshole is entertaining to me.

Well, I don't know the precise meaning of "diddly" but what I will say is that when our group runs Moab Rim, our impact on the atmospheric composition is about the same as the effect that dropping a glass of water into the ocean has on global sea level.

You've just described diddly. :thumbup:

Temp_anomaly.jpg

The above chart show temp anomolies going back to the late 1800's.
Using the above chart, here's a couple questions for the statisticians in the group:
First note the chart goes back to 1880.
Note the total vertical scale is 1.4 degrees.
Realize this is a chart of GLOBAL temperature.(an average of many readings take at various points)

My first question:
What is the average of the following numbers:
23.25, 22.98, 23.49, 24, 23.17, 22.72, 22.99,23.1, 22.8

Consider:
How many thermometers register register greater accuracy then .1 degree today?
How many thermometers registered accuracy greater then 1/2 degree in1880?

Second question: What are the odds we can have a meaningfully accurate global temperature measurement to less the 1/2 degree today, let alone any time prior to 1970?

Irony.....

The Russian ship, Akademic Shokalskiy, was stranded in the ice on Christmas morning, while on a climate change research expedition. A group of climate change scientists were rescued by helicopter Jan. 2.

Chris Turney, the expedition’s leader, is a
professor of climate change at the University of South Wales.

On Jan. 2, all 52 passengers were airlifted to a nearby Australian icebreaker ship which had tried, and failed, to plow through the ice and free the Akademic Shokalskiy.

Prof. Turney admitted “we’re stuck in our own experiment.” They reported on Dec. 30, that a statement from the Australasian Antarctic Expedition said, “Sea ice is disappearing due to climate change, but here ice is building up.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-c...gnore-ice-bound-ship-was-global-warming-missi

It's simple for me Rod.
God made Earth.
God made man.
Man replaces God with "Science".
Man mocks God, thinking he can control Earth with science.
Man leverages "Science" to gain wealth, power and control over fellow man.
God will not be mocked.......

I think you got that backwards chief. Man has historically leveraged god to gain wealth, power, and control. Every religion in the world comes to mind.....

Back