• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The easy 14b shave thread

So far it has not done anything weird. I get alot of downward force onto things I want to grip. I have not really drooped the rear so much yet to have a lot of weight hanging on the leafs.
All in all it has been a nice mod that has not had any negative affects... yet?
I really had to rely on it when my TC pooped out on me and I used motor muscle to get me off the trails. I had spare u-joints, so I had no fear of breaking an axle or anything beyond the weak joints.
I would like to eventually box my frame with some metal and rebuild the leaf mounts with something more durable and appropriate for the 1-ton stuff. When I get a better pay check this spring I will be really adding metal and prepping for a 3-link front. My next planned build is the D60 front, then boat siding the rig. At that point I think other than an exo-cage it will basically be done.

Who makes the 5 on 5.5" conversion kit? Link?

Update to an old post

Solid makes the conversion C&C hubs for 5X5.5 $300 for a pair
4WDFactory sells everything also. they also sell the Brake, with E brake, kit for $340.

Time to tear down and clean the axle up to freshen it and make it new again. I have driven it across country 4 times now (Virginia to Arizona) towing my boat.

I love the axle :) Only leak I developed has been the crush seal.

:thumbup: I love my 14b. One of the easiest axles Ive ever worked on, it was so simple to setup and regear. By far the best bang for the buck for rear axles. I'm still running stock shafts in mine with stickie 37's. I shaved mine on my bridgeport and did everything myself. Currently running an Orb of Traction but I'd love to upgrade to an ARB (or ZIP if they ever come out with one) to take better advantage of doing front digs and helping turning radius.

t9titu.jpg

:thumbup: I love my 14b. One of the easiest axles Ive ever worked on, it was so simple to setup and regear. By far the best bang for the buck for rear axles. I'm still running stock shafts in mine with stickie 37's. I shaved mine on my bridgeport and did everything myself. Currently running an Orb of Traction but I'd love to upgrade to an ARB (or ZIP if they ever come out with one) to take better advantage of doing front digs and helping turning radius.
Did you shave the ring gear?

Back