• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'The Crab'

Paul Airhart

NAXJA Forum User
The new craze on Oahu is called 'The Crab'. The Crawlers there are not sure what to make of them.:eyes:
The-Crab.jpg

I thought it looked like Fred Flintstones truck. Silly me.
The-Crab-www.jpg

When I was in Maui summer before last I noticed all the lifted rigs there doing exactly that.

looks "mexicany" to me lol

Its funny their trucks will be lifted like 10 inches, and have 33 inch tires on like 16 inch wide wheels. I wondered why they did that when I was there.

Okay, call me crazy, but with 100% pure tire in the front and back, how the heck does the driveshaft attach? Where is the pumpkin? Odd looking setup. Looks good for snow haha.

That thing can't even turn - has to be Photoshopped. A setup like that is impossible, as far as my small brain can figure it.

:)

uses magnets, duh!

Okay, call me crazy, but with 100% pure tire in the front and back, how the heck does the driveshaft attach? Where is the pumpkin? Odd looking setup. Looks good for snow haha.

That thing can't even turn - has to be Photoshopped. A setup like that is impossible, as far as my small brain can figure it.

haha

anyway looks like a normal lift with a 0 offset "sticky outtie" tiny wide wheel

lololol, yeah magnets.:clap:

Negative backspacing and inverse offset on the wheels. No biggie. Any good tire shop can do it for you.

What kills me is that the locals can have the wheels sticking out 3 feet on either side , but as soon as one of us haole's comes over with a lifted rig we get hit up by the cops for no mud flaps and or tires not covered by fender flares.

Nearly all the locals run rigs like that though because the only wheeling available on oahu is mud, other than peacock flatts. They use the boggers to get to their fishing/hunting spots.

Cant really complain though, the three years I was there I never got harassed. Maybe because I had kamehameha on my back window.

Last edited:
yeah mom lives in Kihea, she told me about that and how I would laugh.

Kihea is nice..... and I actually got married in Makena on King Kamehameha day two years ago.

What kills me is that the locals can have the wheels sticking out 3 feet on either side , but as soon as one of us haole's comes over with a lifted rig we get hit up by the cops for no mud flaps and or tires not covered by fender flares.

Nearly all the locals run rigs like that though because the only wheeling available on oahu is mud, other than peacock flatts. They use the boggers to get to their fishing/hunting spots.

Cant really complain though, the three years I was there I never got harassed. Maybe because I had kamehameha on my back window.

The people I know there live on Maui and the BI. Have you not heard of "Black Rock?

BlackRock.jpg

Last edited:
I was referring to oahu, I know there is some sweet lava wheeling on the big island. Is that pyro's rig?

Yeah it is. I am on his site and Uplandhawaii's site too. Nice Fella's , The 'Aloha Spirit' did not fall on deaf ears in their family.

Looks likke Pyro painted his rig, these are from new pic's he posted on bentframe.

pyroscrawler2.jpg

Back