• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the car you never should have sold......

1988 Chevy Cavalier Z-24.

Sold it with about 127000 on the ticket, to buy a 1995 Grand Prix GTP. A week later I got a bonus at work that would have allowed me to keep the Z-24 and the GTP. I went to buy it back and they sent it to auction.

It showed up on E-bay about a year/year and a half ago for $1300. I thought long and hard about re-buying it and decided not to.

Now with 4 Jeeps in the drive, I can't imagine having a car!

94 z71 extended cab, 5.7 l FI dual flows, solid axle front, 36 swampers... but then i bought a cherokee that i have now so maybe for the best

1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible. Bought it from the original owner with 50,000 on it. It was flawless and fun. Although selling it led eventually to my XJ.

Believe it or not I also regret selling my '89 Omni. Probably the most reliable, cheapest to own car I have had. No frills but decent power for a DD and 38 mpg on the highway doing 80 with the air on. Hard to beat.

Mine was a CJ5. It had a 304 with fenderwell headers, and sat on 33s. It was riddled with rust, and what was left of the body was falling off. I think that was the best part because without much of a body left, it was light enough to pop wheelies. Its tie-rod ends had about an inch of movement in them, so it wandered all over the place. bought it for $750, sold it for $1500. Saw it a few weeks later and the frame had broken in the middle.

Mine was a 1972 GMC 3/4 ton with a 402 Rat and turbo 400 tranny. I loved that truck and hope to get another at some point.

mine was a 1974 roadrunner . ( my first car )
at one point in it's life , it ran high 11's , low 12 second 1/4 mile .
( not too bad for a 3700 # car )
i lost my license 3 times with that thing.

drove the snot out of it until the fourth trans exploded ,( literally )
body was starting to rust out , needed brakes ,steering and exhaust .
and i had no time or storage to work on it long term ....

traded it in on a 84 cavalier ( p.o.s. daily driver ) ..

if theres one car that means something special to me, its E body 'cudas.
i had the privalage of owning one (what was left of it) for a while, but traded it for some B body disc brake spindles. i really wanted to throw just enough money
into it to have a running big block and just enough to make it streetable. (lights, plex windshield...)
DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

had a full circle track cage (3 door bars) and a tubular frontend. every body panel was cut up or badle dented, but the car had almost no rust. the roof on that car was worth $600

1987 monte carlo SS, silver with burgandy cloth. 305v8 thm200 trans. duel cherry bombs. thing was a dream to drive. i miss it because my dad traded to me for my eagle talon. he passed away about 2 years later and i traded it in on a 94 Z28. i miss that car just because it was my dads. i would give anything to have it back.

The car I wish I had never gotten rid of it is my 1998 Neon R/T coupe. I know, a neon. I miss the gas mileage, and the handling. We bought it new, owned it for four years, and traded it in on a used Cherokee. I traded in the wrong vehicle. Two months later, the new owner was involved in a wreck street racing. He hit the car in the oncoming lane. Nearly killed the people in the other car. Four years later, we still have the Cherokee. I'm not letting that one go.

87 Toyota Corolla GTS HB (AE86)... Now with drifting becoming a popular ricer sport... you can't find them in decent condition for under $4000.00.

I paid that much for it with 50,000 original miles in 91.

Oh yeah, and my 85 Toyota 4x4 with solid front axle, and 22RTE motor..

Damn! Scott S.

Me personally an 84 VW Rabbit GTI. That thing was awesome to drift on dirt roads

Within my family my brothers 56 VW Beetle w/ Semaphores and my parent 1972 Plymouth station wagon aka "The Jolly Green Giant" or "The paddy wagon"

1988 25th Anniversary Edition Porsche 911 Carrera

Should have made my wife buy her own car when she got out of school instead of selling this one to finance something.

<sigh/ >

Nissan 240sx (converted to Sylvia s14) Sr20Det, Tein EDFC and Superstreet Dampening, Greddy turbo with front mount and blow off valve, exitting out an HKS and Trust exhaust system with brembo on all 4 corners and EBC green stuff stoppy, anything that could be NISMO was including upper and lower, front and rear bars. Sold it about 4 years ago and haven't seen it since.

Last edited:
I was never much of a 'car guy'... more into bikes, but I had a trade worked up once that fell through. My end was an 85 KTM 350 MXC (first year with White Bros suspension) and the potential trade was for a 1970 Bonneville 2dr ragtop, black/black top, blue interior, 400ci 2-barrel, T400. Beautiful 2 owner car with low miles... At the time, I had the bike completely apart for a pre-season overhaul, and right about the time I had the frame painted and ready to reassemble, the guy that wanted to trade wrecked the Bonnie :( not real bad, but it took a power-pole sideways,,, hit right side Bpillar where the door and rear qtr meet... anyway I sold the bike and bought a really nice Leupold scope for my BAR .300WMR and an Aimpoint 3000 red-dot sight for my 'door kicking' gun.

Back to the one I wish I kept... my first brand-new Harley. I was 20 and didn't respect it as a collectible like I should have. It was a 87 Sporty 1100cc, 30th Anniversary Edition (only 600 made) looked real similar to this one when I bought it:

HD-XLH-1100-1987.jpg

I did a fair bit of work to it: Bigger fuel tank, drag bars, bob fender, really short/open pipes, smaller front sprocket, gummy Metzeler tires, LOTS more chrome, and flat black finish in one version, then in 1992 I stripped it to the bare frame, and what wasn't chrome got prepped & shot with HD 'oil-can orange'... it was "unique") but put it back to mostly stock when I sold it a few years later.

PhunkXJ said:
I miss my 98 ZJ. It was fast, comfy and sexy looking. Definately my favorite vehicle I have owned yet.

I can't say I should not have sold it though. It was on the verge of needing tons of work, I got out while the getting was good.

I would love to get my hands on another one sometime.

ZJ6.jpg
My dad has a white 5.9L he is looking to sell. Low miles too...like 60K or something.

When I was kicked out of my trailer last year for late payments I had to live in the Caddilac for awhile. Then my Ex-wife and my Ex-best friend came back with my Ex-dog and took that from me too.

Now I live in a tent next to the train tracks.
imgp04467gv.jpg

2 Chevelles 1 1971 1 1972 ; 1985 k5 silverado blazer ,,1981 datsun diesel maxima wagon, 1978 toyota corolla 2 door i think that's it..Looking back at the times i sold all of them, i had no choice as i was moving and had no where to keep them..i can't believe what a piece of shit chevelle goes for these days..:gee:

Back