• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Brendamobile

I had that Farrah poster in my room when I was a kid back in the day. It had a special place in my heart for a long time. Great to see you rockin' it in the garage.

I did not. It didn't look like it was from the factory, and I didn't fuse that on previous Jeeps.

Is that something I should have done?

I did not. It didn't look like it was from the factory, and I didn't fuse that on previous Jeeps.

Is that something I should have done?

I believe that short section of green wire that feeds into the PDC is a fusible link. That's apparently why people stick a big ANL fuse and holder in that cable when replaced. A quick checks says that green wire is in fact a fusible link, at least for the 97+.

Last edited:
2b928fc6.jpg

I like how the oil pressure is pegged on your XJ.

It was a fusible link in the pre 97 also. I burned up my stock fuselink in my 88 while running a set of hella 50/100 headlight and a pair of 500 spots running at the same time. What a pita! Burned it up after midnight in the boonies. Ended up driving 100 something miles off of my red top.

Did you buy those cables cut to length already? I am curious because this is something I have been meaning to do.

I did. At a local welding supply shop, Liberty Welding Supply. $30 for the six cables cut to length and they crimped on my connectors for free.

I'll be adding an ANL fuse to the alternator output.

Brenda didn't like the Lightforce lights because she thought they were "clunky" looking. So they had to go.

ary4y8yz.jpg

They're was also a ton of rock chips on the bumper I wanted to fix, so I painted the center with a can of gloss white from ACE. The color is a little off, I'll see if I can live with it. If not, maybe I'll build a bumper for it, but I have 50 other projects I'd rather be working on. I replaced the Lightforce 170s with a set of Hella lights I had left over from my old MJ. She likes them a lot better because they're thinner and "they match".

a6ybu4yn.jpg

I also added an air freshener. Since my wife and I couldn't agree on a scent, I let my daughter pick. She picked this one because its purple. "Wildberry".

ry7a9yna.jpg

I can't believe you insisted I check out this thread. I thought there'd be something awesome that you'd done. This is boring, I'm going back to Craigslist

Maintenance time.

9y4anu8u.jpg

I saw that the thermostat housing was leaking so I put in a new thermostat and gasket. I also gave it a good looking over. It needs new shocks, hatch struts, swaybar bushings, and a new rear main. FML. I'm so over doing rear main seals on 4.0l's. I'm thinking about farming the job out to SpecFab, but I hate paying for something I could have done. I know Brenda's vote is for me doing it.

Very clean looking, I'm digging the trooper look. Just need to find a window decal with the imperial seal now. My girlfriend and I were bickering nicely with each other about terrible car smells a while back and discovered a freshener that says new car but smells like gummy bears that is now in every car that we own.

One of my friends used Plasti-Dip to coat/color a bunch of parts on his rig, and while I was skeptical he's had great success with it. So today I used it on the plastics to make them look new.

yne9y8az.jpg

enyje4eh.jpg

I also did the Jeep badge on the hatch.
azu6uzyj.jpg

a4e9ura7.jpg

zyby7ebu.jpg

Looks good. I plasti dipped my jeep up to the body line, been thinking of doing the flares and bumper caps

Back