• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Boostwerks Product Development thread...

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've been meaning to create one of these for a while now, so here it is. I hope to share and get feedback on the products I've been working on and testing.

• Up first is our Front 12" big brake kit utilizing Wilwood lug mounted 4 piston calipers, off the shelf 12" rotors, and tapered roller unit bearings. Not only is this kit going to greatly improve braking performance, but it also increases wheel bearing strength by designed around the tapered roller hub unit used in the 84-89 XJ apps. I've been working on this brake kit for around two years and have changed it several times to get it exactly the way I want it. We've been testing it for about a month now and everything has been working great. It has more than enough clamping force while retaining a firm pedal with the stock MC (99).
fab057.jpg

fab066-1.jpg

Order1006003.jpg

Order1006009-1.jpg

prototype001.jpg

Parts006.jpg

• To compliment the front big brake kit, we've also been working on a bolt on rear disc setup for the 8.25 that uses the GM internal E-brake calipers along with 11 1/4" vented discs. Mounting brackets will be CNC formed 1/4" cold roll plate, and include everything needed even a new prebent hardline. I have never been a fan of the rear disc kits with internal drum parking brakes, so I decided to develop my own.
fab059.jpg

fab060.jpg

• My long term project is working more to develop a complete bolt on turbo kit for the 4.0L. I am currently working with a shop that has the machinery and tooling we need to develop this kit, but it will take some time to accomplish. We also need to track down reliable vendors which will allow us to offer the reasonable prices we're aiming for.
fab020.jpg

Please feel free to post up any questions, comments, or ideas you might have on our products! I do as much as I can to provide the best experience to my customer's, and take your comments very seriously. I'm not just another shop trying to make a profit. I'm merely an enthusiest trying to offer a better product. :thumbup:

I have more to come as well. :guitar:

Thanks NAXJA!
Bryson

Selfish, but:
If any / all off the shelf parts could have an application given, some of us with wholesale parts connections would be more inclined to buy.
I understand that you want and deserve to make money on the R&D for this kit, but I have a hard time buying *anything* at retail when I can buy it wholesale through work.
Also - if there was a kit that would let you maintain, say, 98 model year hubs & knuckles that would be awesome.

Selfish, but:
If any / all off the shelf parts could have an application given, some of us with wholesale parts connections would be more inclined to buy.
I understand that you want and deserve to make money on the R&D for this kit, but I have a hard time buying *anything* at retail when I can buy it wholesale through work.
Also - if there was a kit that would let you maintain, say, 98 model year hubs & knuckles that would be awesome.

Uhhhh, apparently you do not? I am sure he has spent countless hours working on creating a great product. How about you just buy the kit?

You are doing the equivalent of asking Coca Cola for their recipe, so you can just go buy the ingredients and whip up a batch yourself. (n)

Selfish, but:

I'm not stopping ya ;)

The late model knuckles simply don't have the structural mounting points needed for a good lug mount caliper. Sourcing the early knuckles is easy and cheap.

I love those front brakes! Too bad i run a dana 44 now :/

If it's a TJ rubicon 44, the brakes will work. If it's an older model or JK version they won't however. At some point I would like to look into developing a kit for the older 44 models, but I need to finish whats on my plate first :)

I'm not stopping ya ;)

The late model knuckles simply don't have the structural mounting points needed for a good lug mount caliper. Sourcing the early knuckles is easy and cheap.

If it's a TJ rubicon 44, the brakes will work. If it's an older model or JK version they won't however. At some point I would like to look into developing a kit for the older 44 models, but I need to finish whats on my plate first :)

by older model 44 do you mean a D44 with hubs and Chevy knuckles? If so it would be awesome to be able to get a dual piston caliper setup that would still fit a 15" wheel.

by older model 44 do you mean a D44 with hubs and Chevy knuckles? If so it would be awesome to be able to get a dual piston caliper setup that would still fit a 15" wheel.

I'm a little late, but I was thinking early chevy or ford knuckle versions.

Updates:

We're delaying the release of our front big brake kit so we can dial it in to where I'm happy. Everything works great, but while installing the kit we noticed a couple minor changes that would make the install a little easier. We didn't "need" to make the changes, but I just didn't feel comfortable selling a product that isn't up to my rediculous standards. :cheers:

Our new website is also back up! Check it out and let us know what you think!

Stay tuned for more new products! :cool:

Awesome, I know the Bronco guys use Tbird calipers with their 1/2 ton 44s and get the same piston area as the dual piston ford in a single piston setup that will fit a 15" it would be nice to be able to do something similar with the Chevy knuckles.

Updates:

We're delaying the release of our front big brake kit so we can dial it in to where I'm happy. Everything works great, but while installing the kit we noticed a couple minor changes that would make the install a little easier. We didn't "need" to make the changes, but I just didn't feel comfortable selling a product that isn't up to my rediculous standards. :cheers:

Our new website is also back up! Check it out and let us know what you think!

I wouldn't mind having a big brake setup for the front on my 2wd Comanche. Any idea when or if you'll have something?

Bump for Updates:

Unfortunetly we will not be offering the wilwood front brake kits. Simply put: The braking performance hasn't lived up to our expectations. The stopping power is great however, but the problem lies with the pad area. The caliper uses a realitively small pad which starts to glaze the rotor after long hard braking IE: going down a long steep hill. When coming down I-70 out of the mountains here in Colorado, we noticed fairly severe fading as the pads began to glaze. I wanted to be 100% confident in the kit and since I'm not we're pulling the plug. Another reason we've decided to scrap it is that the WJ swap is simple and cost effective.

As for the rear brake kit's, the braking performance has been great. The only downside we've ran into is that the integrated parking brake doesn't have enough clamping force to hold the rig on a substantial hill. We may offer the brackets, but won't be selling complete kits due to the parking brake.

Simply put, I am getting back to my Companies primary goal: Selling high quality turbo components and kits.

Ok so now that you know the issues and problems give up? Fix em and sell a great product. Wj swap comment was a pussy cop out. I'd rather buy a complete kit that's vehicle specific and has been proven. There are lots of guys running the wj swap and have had good luck. It's not as simple as most put it and not as cost effective as it seems. I was really looking forward to your brake kits. Oh well guess I'll hit the jy.

Good move, stick with what you're good at and focus on delivering a quality product at a fair price. (Complete XJ Turbo setup:yelclap:)

Ok so now that you know the issues and problems give up? Fix em and sell a great product. Wj swap comment was a pussy cop out. I'd rather buy a complete kit that's vehicle specific and has been proven. There are lots of guys running the wj swap and have had good luck. It's not as simple as most put it and not as cost effective as it seems. I was really looking forward to your brake kits. Oh well guess I'll hit the jy.

Its not the hes giving up. Just decided that what wildwood/kit was doing was not living up to what he was projecting. He also stated he only wants to sell quality parts that are proven. Simple.

Back