• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The best rocker protection debate starts now

What about these from XJ nation? They claim to be pretty tough and take up no clearence...

Picture_302.jpg
Image007.jpg

TB-XJ said:
I don't doubt ORGS are probably a great set of rocker skids. But at $400 it seems like a lot of them out there are just as well made for half that. That's coming from searching around and I don't even have rock sliders yet.

Where did this myth come from that ORGS MFG. Supernerfs cost $400?!?
Try a retailer like JKS or Sun Performance, they don't cost $400. I doubt you can find a set of rails as nicely made and as strong for "half that".

Jes

Olympic has changed their tubing to .120 wall. Some of the older ones are not as thick i believe they were .090 and those got some good dents in them. we have 2 different types the 560 which are 2" x 3" rectangular steel that has a 60 deg approach and departure angle. the 371 are a double tube using the 2.5" .120 wall tubing with one tube under the rocker and one on the side of it. I would suggest the 371, the 560 are more for the freeway 4 wheeler.

Big Bear said:
Custom 4x4's have taken all the abuse that Utah has to offer. After bolting them on you can then weld them on for seirios mounting strength. The fit and finish are great. And if thats not enough they are only $220 and come with some of the best customer service you can find. :viking:

C4X4's web site lists them for $245. Is there a better place to buy C4X4 stuff other than direct?

Thanks
SJ

olympic4x4tech said:
Olympic has changed their tubing to .120 wall. Some of the older ones are not as thick i believe they were .090 and those got some good dents in them. we have 2 different types the 560 which are 2" x 3" rectangular steel that has a 60 deg approach and departure angle. the 371 are a double tube using the 2.5" .120 wall tubing with one tube under the rocker and one on the side of it. I would suggest the 371, the 560 are more for the freeway 4 wheeler.

Freeway 4 wheeler huh, can I have my money back?
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Not approved for the Hammers.

Jes

Does anyone have the rails by xj nation, my rockers are shot from rust so I want some thing to replace the whole thing.

I have had good luck with Olympic rocker guards.. they bolt to the pinch plate in 4 spots and to the unibody in 2 more. they cost me $135 shipped to my door and have taken much abuse since. :heart: them

So any fead back at all for the XJ Nation rails?

Orgs are great. You have to notch the pinch seam to install them so that the rail rests flush against the entire length of the rocker. You can weld them on if you want to (I did), but there is the bolt on option as well. I also think that they just plain look better than most rails out there, while at the same time work perfectly.

Josh

I'm wondering which of the above mentioned designs would take the best shot in a road-speed t-bone collision. (One 'good' horizontal hit...not repeated off-road vertical hits) The Foreward Momentum ones-with the step- look mongo beefy in that regard, but more of a permanent/integral mod.

I like the look & comparitive ease of install/swap of the ORGS nerfs though...and I've seen them take some serious off-road abuse.

I feel quite vulnerable in my stock-height DD, and since I may pass that Jeep along to my (new-driver) stepdaughter...I want to make it safer.

Any feedback?

A rocker that is tied into at least three places on the unibody frame IMHO would help on a side inpact but the only thing that will keep her safe is a stout door beam tied into some beefy pillars. But then again that is just MHO! I would love to see how mine hold up!

Glenn touches on sort of what I was thinking... A beefy exterior rail that provides some 'standoff' and is also tied into an internal cage (and the uniframe-in many places) is the best of both worlds IMHO.

This also can meld into a roll/crash cage discussion...and I'd think that occupant protection is a key point to consider when armoring.

What I want to do in the future is put a cage in with a diagonal that comes from the bar behind the seat to the front of the seat. Both the bar and loop will tie into me 2x4 rocker. Incedently woody, when I pulled my rockers for painting I found a dent. So even 3/16 steel tube can bend if you hit it right! :) Hey shouldn't you be getting on the road? :) The pig is on the Barbie! And boy does she smell good! :wave:

More rocker protection to consider. FIREGOD33 made me some rocker guards that have held up to the most punishing rocks I can find. They run around $250 if I remember correctly. He has some pics of them. Definetly worth there weight in gold.

Art

Back