• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

That's my orange-ringed rig

bgcntry72 said:
I don't know what lead plates would be used for, and why the railroad would need them, but it sounds heavy

Nuclear locomotive parts.

First off, an apology. I used the web-wheeler reference before I matched up the user names of the people posting to who was at Winterfest. Obviously, you are not web-wheelers because you were there. I was wrong, I apologize.

Gil - you wrote "Your rig LOOKED good, I wanted to see someone actually wheel it, but I didn't get a chance to, I did green then rotated my axle in the quarry." If you didn't get a chance to see me wheel it, why are you so critical?

bgcntry72 - you wrote "I built a Jeep in 72 hours and proceeded to bash the hell out of it." You and I are really different people. I spent months busting my ass on my rig. Because of the effort I have into it, I don't bash the hell out of it. Does that make you right and me wrong?

you also wrote - "I am guessing that if you tore a brakeline, you would be on the phone with the shop". So I didn't build my exo, I don't have a bender or a welder. Is the logical assumption that those little crush washers would get the best of me?

you also wrote - "your rig never went above idle RPM, and you weren't driving, you were riding...You have a nice rig, but its far, far over your head...knowing more about wheeling than what you read in Four Wheeler Magazine is a little 'neater'". How long did we wheel together, 20 minutes? Did I need a strap or winch line from anyone? Did I go up the harder side or the easier side? Did I go up some harder obstacles that few or no others in our group did? What is your basis for criticizing my driving? Logic would say we didn't wheel enough together for you to be so critical.

you also wrote - "You can't buy clout, but it was a nice effort...More money than common sense must be a cool problem to have." Yes, a few Winterfest participants that PM'd me think that smells a little like jealousy. It's too jaded and personal based on the few minutes we wheeled together to be much else. What's with the money jabs? They're 1979 Ford junkyard specials, even the hubs are 26 years old. No Dynatracs, no Atlas, no bling. I don't get it.

you also wrote - "As for the ragging, you had plenty of time to man up and defend yourself around the campfire...I guess it's just easier from 6 hours away...if you want to grow balls now that you are back home, have at it."
You seem articulate, why not stick to the facts instead of turning this into a tough-guy contest?

kid4lyf - you wrote, "Anyone gets shit if it's warranted." We hadn't even left the parking lot, how could it have been already warranted? What do you recommend to "fix" my limited up travel, more lift? I've been there, too tippy for serious wheelin.

Some of the conclusions you jumped to aren't that logical. I apologize for bringing out the worst in you.

Dave

**Someone needs to teach me how to use that "Quote" feature, I'm tired from typing.

DaveG said:
Did I need a strap or winch line from anyone? Did I go up the harder side or the easier side? Did I go up some harder obstacles that few or no others in our group did?

Not to be mean, but your rig could take that line if you reached in, popped the tranny into low, shut the door, and stood there and watched.

You, or someone, built a nice rig. Take comfort in that, to be sure.

I gave some shit, nothing more.
You chose to get all butt-hurt, and then bring in your 'yes-man' to defend the rig he helped build.
More than a couple of people were offering pointers about getting up that ledge, but you chose not to listen, and flatten a beadlock backing up 50 yards to try the same line.
You made it, but you cut a ham sandwich with a chainsaw, in effect.

Let me know who PMd you and said I was jealous.
Better yet, let them chime in.
Sounds like the sackless ramblings of someone who is inventing support.
Have a nice day, wondering if the neighbors blow their snow onto your lawn on purpose.

DaveG said:
Gil - you wrote "Your rig LOOKED good, I wanted to see someone actually wheel it, but I didn't get a chance to, I did green then rotated my axle in the quarry." If you didn't get a chance to see me wheel it, why are you so critical?

So your definition of critical is me expecting to see a rig like yours being wheeled? Because that's what I asked for...

I wanna see pics of this guy actually wheeling with his front/rear 60's and 1.5" of uptravel...

Tell me you haven't seen countless rigs like yours sitting pretty?

Since I didn't SEE your rig on trail I wanted pics or someone who did to chime in...

pics were posted, eyewitnesses chimed in and all was good...

Face it...

When you pull up to an event in a rig built like yours...

You're going to HAVE to prove that it does get dirty...

I personally don't care if you bought it built...

Still a nice rig...

You just gotta not take it personal and get defensive when you're asked to show AND go...

Remember that this is all in good fun

example: Any idea how many exotic sports cars I see on a daily basis doing 45mph on the highway?

It's a crime.

Me thinks you need to drink more around campfires...

:D

Gil BullyKatz said:
Me thinks you need to drink more around campfires...

Not my campfire.

Fact is, I've SEEN tons of rigs built less than Dave's and they performed just as well and better.

The line taken on pink, the same line taken by only one rig...... Quit giving yourself props, Dave. The only ones making it up that line are those running 37"s and up.
My bad for not trying, I wanted to make it through the morning without breaking, so I went conservative.
Truth be told, had I been behind you on pink, I would have had to bash into that ledge just to try to show you up.

Nice rig, but I'm not impressed.

DaveG said:
NAXJA is awesome (I'm member #259 by the way, so I wasn't born last night).

Dave
Perhaps you overlooked my previous post so I'm calling it again......

Yo Dave! If you're a member, why is your name not in red??

Haleyes - Honestly, I have no idea what turns the user name red. My member name is GrayDave if I remember, it's been a few years. I don't enter a password when I come to the forum, it just says "logged on as DaveG. Maybe I registered as a forum user once as DaveG.

My NAXJA newsletter and membership card say #259.

Happy wheelin!

Dave

According to Okie Terry and bgcnrty72, the only ones making it up that line are those running 37"s and up, but my 38s could idle up it unmanned. Do you really believe 1" could make that difference?

Don't flatter yourself, I'm not hurt - just annoyed because once again, you guys are full of unrelated sayings, personal jabs, and BS, but you never employ any LOGIC. If you have a point or opinion, fine. Just make some sense.

DaveG said:
According to Okie Terry and bgcnrty72, the only ones making it up that line are those running 37"s and up, but my 38s could idle up it unmanned. Do you really believe 1" could make that difference?

Don't flatter yourself, I'm not hurt - just annoyed because once again, you guys are full of unrelated sayings, personal jabs, and BS, but you never employ any LOGIC. If you have a point or opinion, fine. Just make some sense.

Are you done? Or do you plan to continue on your quest to "defend the honor" on the interweb.

Perhaps the proverbial bottle of cough syrup should be passed to you, yourself, as if an olympic torch, in good faith.

You come on here and whine, then expect someone, anyone, to conform to your malcontent, only to find that your mileage is varying more than your up-travel.

The only logic here that needs to be employed, is taking a step back, and realizing that not only did you obviously make a jackass of yourself in person, now the entire rest of the e-world knows you're a jack-wipe. :speepin:

I must have missed him making a Jackass of himself at Winterfest. Things sure can get nasty on here. I know for a fact I made a Jack Ass of myself last year. There were only a few who did it this year (not that that's a bad thing).

Can't a guy talk up his rig without being called a Jackass???

Everyone needs to take a pill, especially the ones calling each other names! :kissyou:

B-loose

bgcntry72 said:
Not to be mean, but your rig could take that line if you reached in, popped the tranny into low, shut the door, and stood there and watched.

Not really taking sides, cuz I wasn't there.

But, I thought that going slow increased the control of the vehicle. Going slow I was told allowed the driver to have a greater amount of time to react to the situation at hand. Thus allowing for corrections in order to stay greasy side down.

Don't get me wrong, I like to see rollovers. I have actually rolled my XJ, and a Ford Ranger.

There's much truth to that but momentum is a mighty tool. Many times to get our hulks up ledges some momentum is needed. I've seen people do it both ways. My jeep goes lots of places just because of momentum, other more built rigs may not need as much. What does happen a lot though is that guys with huge rigs (over 35" tires) want to "crawl" everything. This may be because their high center of gravity makes their Jeeps more unstable. It may be because in most cases they can. It may be because they don't want to break stuff that is highly stressed because of their rigs size. Whatever the case is many times it takes them way more time and is way more boring to stand around and watch than a guy banging his way up ledges on 32's, then driving home cross country with that very Jeep.

To be honest I have seen very good drivers do it both ways. I think the point some are trying to make is that with a rigs as built as the one in question many of the obstacles should have been pretty easy. But I have been to Attica many times and made it up Rock Face (which no one tried this year?) when guys with much bigger rigs (read 38's) couldn't even get out of the creek. Does this make me a great driver? Do I have a great rig? No on both accounts. I followed my spotter’s instructions (I have to thank Oneton for most of my successes) and used plenty of momentum. More momentum on those bigger Jeeps may have put them on their lid or insured many broken parts. So I never criticize people for their driving style. What they're comfortable with may or may not be successful but who the hell am I to say. Just because I've been to Moab, Tellico, up rock face, etc, etc, surely doesn't make me an expert, especially not an expert on someone else’s rig.

B-loose

OMG!!!!

Remind me NEVER to bring my orange junk to wheel with you guys!

OMG!!!!

You all can't stay home and get along and you can't wheel and get along! :rolleyes:

STFU!!!!!!!!!! And just be nice!

hinkley

DaveG said:
kid4lyf - you wrote, "Anyone gets shit if it's warranted." We hadn't even left the parking lot, how could it have been already warranted? What do you recommend to "fix" my limited up travel, more lift? I've been there, too tippy for serious wheelin.
Lighten up Frances.
If you consider the questions that you heard in the parking lot "getting shit" then you really do want to steer clear of this place. The first "shit" you heard, if memory serves, was at the campfire and that was a little joking jab as to your "bumpstops being under the gas pedal".
Wow, that's nasty.
No one here advocates powering up something you can crawl. The problem is you weren't making it, your spotter told you to bump it a little and you refused. For that you got a joking jab. Gee whiz Dave, we're sorry.
BTW, if you're really asking, you don't need more lift, you need the lift you have to give a little flex. Flex doesn't make you tippy, no flex makes you tippy. (and yes, your bumpstops are too close-deal with it)
These are the kind of things you'd learn if you bothered to actually listen instead of holding on to your, "everyone is just jealous", BS. (said in best whiny child voice).
Skin, go thick or go JU.

Mark Hinkley said:
OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

You all can't stay home and get along and you can't wheel and get along! :rolleyes:

hinkley

I think he schooled them and got their panties all twisted up. You forget knowbody knows as much about wheeling as the midwest crew. Someday I want to be just like them. :D

Lincoln said:
I think he schooled them and got their panties all twisted up. You forget knowbody knows as much about wheeling as the midwest crew. Someday I want to be just like them. :D

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ME TOO!!

Mark Hinkley said:
OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

hinkley

Can someone PULEEZE go to Hinkley's house and physically remove his friggin' "!" key.

Back