• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks

ifoundastick

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to say thanks to Mike MJR for helping get my jeep back on the road. I now know how to work on 231 tcases.... Thanks again mike for the help. Oh yah that front drive shaft you gave me is too long for the jeep do you know what might be causeing that.

well thanks again lance

ifoundastick said:
I just wanted to say thanks to Mike MJR for helping get my jeep back on the road. I now know how to work on 231 tcases.... Thanks again mike for the help. Oh yah that front drive shaft you gave me is too long for the jeep do you know what might be causeing that.

well thanks again lance

Glad to help. Wondered if you had gotten it in yet. There are a couple of lengths depending on engine/trans/t-case, but on the bright side it's cheaper to have a shaft shortened than to have it made longer. Oh and as to the failure it could have been the front driveshaft that caused it. If the double cardan wasn't greased and failed it could blow out the t-case.

Mike R

thats probally what happend to the tcase i looked at the doubble cardon and it was pretty f@##$ up so i guess i will need to get the drive shaft shortend. Do you guys know of any place that would do that for me

Lance

ifoundastick said:
thats probally what happend to the tcase i looked at the doubble cardon and it was pretty f@##$ up so i guess i will need to get the drive shaft shortend. Do you guys know of any place that would do that for me

Lance

Any quality driveshaft shop. Thanks to Cal, I use OC Driveline. Ask for Ray.

Last edited:
ifoundastick said:
Hey guys i found a place and they are going to charge me 75 bucks to get it shortned. Is that a good deal

Lance

Sounds good to me. The last one I did was $50 but that was through work (discount).

Mike R

Back