• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks from the Lost Coast...

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
Thanks to all of you that were able to make the 3rd annual Lost Coast Trail run. The weather was perfect, dust minimal, and fun was plenty.

Hope you all ejoyed the scenic trail run, and your vacationing in the surrounding area. Maybe you can all now appreciate how much I love this area :)

Thanks again, and with time, schedule, and interest; I may put on another run next year for those that couldn't make it or those that wish to come again...

Ivan

LC2004_13.JPG

LC2004_14.JPG

LC2004_15.JPG

LC2004_18.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Ivan, it was a fun run. Much more scenic than anything, 2 wheel drive rigs are encouraged and could easily do the trail, but probably not srive on the beach. I got stuck in the creek down a ways from where it feeds into the ocean and had to climb out of my window as my cab got filled up to the seats in my grand cherokee. I turned my engine off as I remember about 4 years earlier how I hydro locked my 91' yj at the Badlands in Indiana. My front driveside tire sank into the silt sand and water came rushing in. My wife and I were actually on our way back to the hotel, but decided to make a few creek crossings, we made 3 before we got to a spot that looked shallow, but we didn't see the sand that we sunk into. Jared & Jason hooked up and pulled me out with their 2 xj's working in tandem. I was stuck bad in some creek silt/sand/quick sand goo. It's going to be awhile before my carpet dries. :doh: I got a some water in my tranny fluid and was my tranny was smoking quite a bit coming home going up hills, my tranny fluid is Pepto Bismal pink. Every garage & part store was closed so I had to just take it easy coming back home to Sac. I will change the tranny fluid out this week. I just turned 70K miles on my 98' grand cherokee so this thing has to last me awhile. Thanks again to Jared & Jason, you guys rock. We have to hook up and do some more wheeling soon, we're neighbors just about. We live less than a mile apart.
Troy

JeepFreak21 said:
LC2004_14.JPG

Anybody find any humor in the placement of that sign? :laugh3:
Billy

Yeah, the trail is extremely mild, but scenic as you start in Shelter Cove and then the trail takes you through the Redwoods. It was my wife and my 5th yr anniversary on the 29th, so it was nice we could take the grand cherokee, but not nice when I got stuck in the creek and had water rushing into my jeep and had to climb out of the window! :doh: It was pretty cool driving on the beach. I have never done that before. Sand is a completely different animal than anything I have driven on before. Kind of like a long deep mud pit, but different too. Momemtum is your friend, but if you lose it and dig, try something differnt quick.

Handlebars said:
Dang Ivan, what's all of that green stuff in the picture?!?

Heck... it's like this all the time. I guess when you have to put up with 40 plus inches of rain of year, things stay green for a reason :)

steinjeep said:
Thanks Ivan, it was a fun run. Much more scenic than anything, 2 wheel drive rigs are encouraged and could easily do the trail, but probably not srive on the beach. I got stuck in the creek down a ways from where it feeds into the ocean and had to climb out of my window as my cab got filled up to the seats in my grand cherokee. I turned my engine off as I remember about 4 years earlier how I hydro locked my 91' yj at the Badlands in Indiana. My front driveside tire sank into the silt sand and water came rushing in. My wife and I were actually on our way back to the hotel, but decided to make a few creek crossings, we made 3 before we got to a spot that looked shallow, but we didn't see the sand that we sunk into. Jared & Jason hooked up and pulled me out with their 2 xj's working in tandem. I was stuck bad in some creek silt/sand/quick sand goo. It's going to be awhile before my carpet dries. :doh: I got a some water in my tranny fluid and was my tranny was smoking quite a bit coming home going up hills, my tranny fluid is Pepto Bismal pink. Every garage & part store was closed so I had to just take it easy coming back home to Sac. I will change the tranny fluid out this week. I just turned 70K miles on my 98' grand cherokee so this thing has to last me awhile. Thanks again to Jared & Jason, you guys rock. We have to hook up and do some more wheeling soon, we're neighbors just about. We live less than a mile apart.
Troy

You're welcome! I'm sure you will bail us out sometime (and the word bail is appropriate in this case!)

soaked.jpg

seymouj said:
You're welcome! I'm sure you will bail us out sometime (and the word bail is appropriate in this case!)

soaked.jpg

Thank you so much to the "J" bros. :worship: Let me know when you need a hand with something. I hope your family wasn't too mad at me. Did you make it home without any problems? My tranny has some water in it, so I was shooting out white smoke going up hills at 3K rpm's. I'm getting my tranny flushed today or tomorrow. Other than that I have my jeep in my garage with all the windows open so hopefully it will dry out soon, without smelling too much. I might just herculine the interior and then lay the carpet back over it, but this is down the list of alternatives. I need to finish last minute things on my 91' xj for the Rubicon run mid June. Thanks again you guys, hopefully you 2 came come on the Rubicon run on the 17-20th. Or maybe Fordyce Sunday the 20th or maybe even 4th of July weekend if you're free. Let me know. My cell# is 396-8841.
Troy

steinjeep said:
Thank you so much to the "J" bros. :worship: Let me know when you need a hand with something. I hope your family wasn't too mad at me. Did you make it home without any problems? My tranny has some water in it, so I was shooting out white smoke going up hills at 3K rpm's. I'm getting my tranny flushed today or tomorrow. Other than that I have my jeep in my garage with all the windows open so hopefully it will dry out soon, without smelling too much. I might just herculine the interior and then lay the carpet back over it, but this is down the list of alternatives. I need to finish last minute things on my 91' xj for the Rubicon run mid June. Thanks again you guys, hopefully you 2 came come on the Rubicon run on the 17-20th. Or maybe Fordyce Sunday the 20th or maybe even 4th of July weekend if you're free. Let me know. My cell# is 396-8841.
Troy

This wasn't supposed to happen, but I made 1 creek crossing to many and paid for it. This pic shows the water after opening up the door to let it out and after I climbed up a hill and opened my tailgate to let out the waterfall. What a mess. :doh:
Troy

Back