• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks for the help NAXJA forums. Now have a laugh on me!

STARFISH

NAXJA Forum User
At 10pm I finished getting my D30 shafts with new u-joints/hub back in. You know I "thought this was going to be easy." Why do jeeps haft to be just as much fun/trouble as girls?

Befoure even starting I jacked up my 99 XJ "Bodhi" to check the rear drums for wear. They were fine. Unfortunately after unjacking Bodhi a large stream of fluid came flying out from under him.
I freaked out and ran around for 15 minuets checking everything I could think of. (I irrationally love that stupid jeep) Eventually I calmed down enough to stick my finger in the liquid and smell it. Nothing... Underneath it looked like it was coming from a brake line but no it was coming from above the break line. I popped the hood and still could find anything wrong.
So then I freaked out for a few more minuets before opening the rear driver side door. A stupid cheapo .99 on sale gallon jug of water had exploded. After removing the drivers seat, trim, my now soaked digital camera and 20 or so casset tapes I found that the water had in fact gone out threw the factory drain hole. Doh!
Removing the u joints went well too. Except that a bad rebuilt caliper from an incompetent shop had caused my breaks to get stuck "on" a good half dozen times. Still this was years ago. I had long scene fixed the problem. "Nope not a chance, Murphy was waiting for me!"
Naturally "that" side took 10x times longer to get the stupid hub bolts out. I felt so good after my brother and I finally got it off. Well, for a few seconds anyway. At least until my brother pointed out that the hub was toast. Ahhh! He would know too his 00's XJ hub is bad. So I ummm borrowed his NIB timken hub that was sitting in the living room.
A neighbor helped me get the old u joints out. They came out in peaces because I did not soak them in penetrating oil long enough. Then he had to "grind" on the yokes to get my new 760x to fit. I freaked out out about this too.
Then it was done I was ready to get Bodhi back on the road! Except that one of my little plastic axle dust cover butthead things was broken. I called around town for a wile, torturing myself by talking to idiot parts counter tweens. I ending up paying $6.99 shipping for a $2.99 part that came from across the county and took a week to get here. Ahhh!!!
So tonight i finally got to it. It would have gone alot faster if my brother had not let the dog out. D'arcy the dog ignored the oily/grease soaked paper towels laying all over the driveway and went straight for the big clean role of paper towels. Of couse I didn't find this out until after I had a nice coat of axle grease all over my hands.
I had to skip fixing Bodhi on Thursday to take her to a special service dog test. She passed! BUT all that means to me at this point is that she's smart enough to only chew up my clean paper towels.
I was running around the yard in the dark yelling at the dog. 12 weeks of dog classes and she won't even give me back my paper towels! Naturally the dog is faster and smarter than I am. So no I couldn't catch her.
I was angry and not thinking clearly at this point. I apparently goober-ed the screen door, the front door, my car keys, the other side of the front door, the computer keyboard, the mouse and Bodhi's back hatch handle getting to another role of paper towels. Just about everything here is well lubed now.
But now I'm done and Bodhi is back on his wheels! New diff oil, new u joints, new hub and a new butthead axle dust shield thing. Well, it's sort of done. The driver seat it still sitting on the woodpile and the carpet is still ripped part way out to dry. I forgot to put the brake dust shields back on. And one of the brake caliper mounting bolts is stripped out. It will need a shop trip and $80 bucks to get fixed. Not to mention that this weekend will be a total loss without my baby.
Ahhh Jeeps. I can't wait till they pass a law allowing me to merry one. Not "this" jeep though I was hoping for a hotter one. I'm thinking 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Ummm lockers!!!!!
Congrats if you read the whole stupid story. I'm off to the fridge for a frosty adult beverage. I won't be getting up early tomorrow.

1) You still have 20 cassettes?
2) Who let the dog out?
3) Why were you touching the computer BEFORE finding towels AND hand cleaner?
4) Glad you're back on the road.
5) What rockclimber said!

what-am-i-reading-on-fark.jpg

My intent was to read that and compress it to a 2-3 sentence short story for everyone else to read. Even after a few drinks I could not force myself to read all that. All that I could take away from that is:

"people from Oregon are weird and feel the need to tell you about meaningless crap that happened to them over the course of a few days".

OK, I spent the last 10 minutes deciphering the OP's message. Here it is:

"I was checking my rear drums when I found a leak. Turns out it was due to a water jug that leaked through the floor.

I wanted to replace the ujoints. Years ago I had a caliper rebuilt and it took me a long time to get the bolts out. Also, the hub was bad and I replaced it with a Timken hub. I finally got the ujoints replaced.

The plastic mud shield on my front axle was busted. I paid $10 to get a new one. It took a week to get here. I was so mad.

My dog is soaked in oil because it is stupid. I also got a lot of grease on other stuff.
My front seat is still not installed. I do have new diff oil, ujoints, and hubs.

I forgot to put the dust shields back on. I also stripped a caliper mounting bolt. I will pay $80 to get it fixed rather than use a Helicoil.

I have sexual thoughts about Jeeps and want to marry one, most likely a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited because I love lockers."

Damn, I'd rather talk to a ditzy blonde than listen to this guy talk. That was painful.

OK, I spent the last 10 minutes deciphering the OP's message. Here it is:

"I was checking my rear drums when I found a leak. Turns out it was due to a water jug that leaked through the floor.

I wanted to replace the ujoints. Years ago I had a caliper rebuilt and it took me a long time to get the bolts out. Also, the hub was bad and I replaced it with a Timken hub. I finally got the ujoints replaced.

The plastic mud shield on my front axle was busted. I paid $10 to get a new one. It took a week to get here. I was so mad.

My dog is soaked in oil because it is stupid. I also got a lot of grease on other stuff.
My front seat is still not installed. I do have new diff oil, ujoints, and hubs.

I forgot to put the dust shields back on. I also stripped a caliper mounting bolt. I will pay $80 to get it fixed rather than use a Helicoil.

I have sexual thoughts about Jeeps and want to marry one, most likely a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited because I love lockers."

Damn, I'd rather talk to a ditzy blonde than listen to this guy talk. That was painful.

you speak fluent retard josh?

I wouldn't get too carried away. If you examine the title, he posted to say thanks. Then he told a story he thought you might enjoy(had to be there though). Poking some fun is ok, but a responsible group wouldn't get vicious.

I wouldn't get too carried away. If you examine the title, he posted to say thanks. Then he told a story he thought you might enjoy(had to be there though). Poking some fun is ok, but a responsible group wouldn't get vicious.

Don't worry - we're just messing around and not being serious. That being said, that was the most painful "thank-you note" I've ever read. :cheers:

Back