• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Texas members?

Back to tires.....

ExTanker sits at like 6" of lift on 35's and is freakin' WICKED (judging by his appearance in national rags I mean)....locked front and rear and with D44's on both ends I THINK and short arms... DG is on on 35's with 9" of lift...locked front and rear, D30/D35 combo, and we're all waiting for her to be required to be towed back to Denton, long arms...and her rig where go almost anywhere that she points it, but she's still learning, so it doesn't get pointed at very extreme things...X2 is on 35's...no clue on lockers D30/8.8 I THINK with 4.5" lift I THINK, short arms, and does a good job (sorry man, not enough experience wheeling with you)....Midian is on 32's, unlocked D30/D35 again, I think!, 5" lift again, I think....and makes the '86 shine...he just got long arms so we're waiting to see...I'm on 33's unlocked D30/D35 6" lift on stock short arms atm and embarrass the XJ community, but then again, I'm just comic relief anyway....GoodBurboun/Mrs. GoodBurboun/Kendrik all run like 4" lift on 31's, locked on both ends, no clue on axles but suspect D30/8.8 combos on short arms, and take their XJ's where I would not dare....Magimerlin is basically the same stats as Midian except still running short arms and can almost follow him anywhere (again, not enough time wheelin' with ya to comment man)...Sparty...uumm...WAY TOO MUCH LIFT sitting at 10-12" long arms, 35's, D30/D35 combo...never wheeled with him, yet he still scares me.... Swamprat...uhh...no idea what rig he's driving today, with age he'll be a fine wheeler, but too many pubescent hormones atm to tell.

All that to say, optimal tire size depends on the driver. Physics mandates that a lower center of gravity is a good thing (just ask ExTankerGuy). Low COG and wide wheel track = stable. 31X10.5's seems to take the rigs where people want them to go....unless you want to go extremes. All of the peeps listed above have very specific goals for what they want their XJ's to do....well, except the hormonal 18 y.o.'s Sparty and Swamprat. Many of us will tell you that we never intended to go above 33's. I, personally, would like to lower my on '86 to 3" lift and 31's. My FSJ is going to be built around that thought process.

Until you have figured out where you want your rig to go, based on the topic of the week about upgrades, your money is far better spend on recovery and armor.

You're a stalker. lol:spin3::wave:

Katy's '00 daily driver on 31" BFG km2

28Apr2009043.jpg

I'm diggin that.

Mud is evil because it gets into places it is not supposed to go and causes damage. It's also a carcinogen for the vehicle promoting premature death as a result of rust.
A carnicopii what?

lol

and I guess I get along with mud cuz I get into places im not suppose too lol

:sure:

I am in the DFW area, Allen TX to be exact. I have a 2k with a 3.5" RE superflex, 31 GY MTR's, Chr. 8.25 rear (aussie locked), and rear disc conversion.
I still get decent gas mileage and the road manners are still tolerable enough that the wife will drive it.
Being originally from up north, I don't like muddin'. I'll stick with rocks and dust.
If you want to try running some trails, there is a new park that opened in Bridgeport, tx. I was out there yesterday and had a blast.

http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?NID=322

I am on 33's with a 5.5'' 3-link long arms and its my DD... Soon it will be getting 4.56's and a lockrite up front (D30/8.25)... Havent had a chance to wheel it yet so not sure how it will hold up, but for dd use it does awsome.

What are you trying to say?
That it didn't surprise me, I like purple so now we are even:cheers::cheers:

That i'm gay?
Nope but you do seem to be fixated on it, homosexuality that is

What does it matter?
It doesn't
I know plenty of gay/lesbian/bi people, they are just like us but with a different life choice. The ones I know and am friends with know that I respect there decision and they respect me as being a straight guy.

What are you trying to say?
That i'm gay?
What does it matter?

I read it as "Why does it not surprise me that the hormonal teenager who likes the shiny things digs the bright pink armor"

Refer to your previous posts if you don't know what we mean by shiny things.

:)

GoodBurboun/Mrs. GoodBurboun/Kendrik all run like 4" lift on 31's, locked on both ends, no clue on axles but suspect D30/8.8 combos on short arms, and take their XJ's where I would not dare...

Close. I'm running between 3 and 3.5" of lift (I don't measure this stuff...if my tires fit I'm done) on 31" Interco Super Swamper SSR's with a Dana 30 / Chrys 8.25 stock combo. I've got an aussie up front and a powertrax in the rear.

All that said, Barnwell is very stock-rig friendly, so feel free to join us even if you don't build it at all. You'll still have a good time.

Back to tires.....

ExTanker sits at like 6" of lift on 35's and is freakin' WICKED (judging by his appearance in national rags I mean)

(BTW I'm pretty Sure EXTANKERGUY isn't retired just yet. He crosstrained out of the Tanker job.)
Until you have figured out where you want your rig to go, based on the topic of the week about upgrades, your money is far better spend on recovery and armor.

X2! Recovery and armor. Start out with a set of rock rails. Your frame rails and tranny cross member will do an ok job in the beginning of protecting the drivetrain but won't do anything for those rocker panels. I pretty much run everything RUSTYs. Never had any failures with his stuff (nothing that wasn't my fault anyway) but his rock rails are a little more expensive than others. They are stout though.
I'd say go
#1 tow hooks (hopefully you have a rear hitch already)
#2 rock rails,
#3 a gas tank skid,
#4 finally a bellypan (aka tranny skid plate)
having differential gaurds is a good idea too.

Hi there I'm from here in Greenville. I'm running 35's on a D30/8.8 lord only knows how much lift this thing has but it works great for me. Keep an eye out you'll see me.

I pretty much run everything RUSTYs. Never had any failures with his stuff

I agree with everything except those statements. We've had nothing but trouble with Rusty's products on DG's XJ. Maybe it's driver error. Maybe the PO didn't build it right. Maybe it's those damn 35's. Maybe we're just unlucky. I'm not sure, but almost all of the steering has been swapped out with non-Rusty's products at this point.

Never ran anything from rusty's, but haven't heard anything good about them.

Hi there I'm from here in Greenville. I'm running 35's on a D30/8.8 lord only knows how much lift this thing has but it works great for me. Keep an eye out you'll see me.

Look for a all white XJ with a green parking permit hanging on the mirror and a United States Air Force Reseve stcker on the back window with a circular Peace the Old Fashioned Way B-52 sticker next to it on the lower right left corner

Back