• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Texas members?

You ever been up north to Little Sahara in Oklahoma?

Most vehicles can do donuts and tear up pastures. Besides, doing donuts on somebody's hay gets you shot.

Not unless the guy who owns the land is also out there cutting donuts and mudding in his 07 Z71

NO but I have heard about it from my friends over at cowtownjeeps.com
You should go one day, try it out. I suggest adding some long travel shocks for jumping dunes ad desert racing.

I think you would have a blast at one of our runs. Most of the trails at Barnwell and Hot Springs have some climbs, and rocks, and occasionally a little mud here and there. Its good fun, and lots of comradery

Sounds like fun, may just get in on it.

You should, there will be plenty of rigs there, and we are expecting rigs of all shapes and sizes, from very mild, to very wild.

Yeah, my shmuck is goin mild. WJ btw.

Well its either you guys or cowtownjeeps.com, which I know alot of those guys personally, but they all live in the Arlington Ft Worth area. I just dont know what I want to do with my XJ just yet, its still too shiny and clean and unbroke. I dont know if I want a mud setup or a crawl setup. I dont know what kinda undercarraige protection I need. What is a good intake to get, AEM or K&N? I am thinking about limo black tinting the windows except for the front seats. I am just torn between friends that want to go mudding, and friends that want to see a crawl rig.

So, don't do anything too drastic. A mild lift and some 31's will make your XJ capable of things that you would not believe! Protection is ALWAYS good, no matter what kind of fun you are enjoying. Ummmm...limo tint...your call there man, I like to be able to see things when on the trails at dusk/nite. I'd NEVER run a K&N filter on ANYTHING I own. I've read many threads about how horrid K&N's are on anything that requires dirt. Sure, if you own a race team that rebuilds the motor all the time they are great, if you don't.....well...let's just pour some sand directly into your intake then.

Why limit yourself to mudding or crawling (even though I think that mud is EVIL when it comes to vehicles)? Make an expedition rig till you find what type of wheeling you'll be doing the most and what serves your purposes the best?

Look at MM... He has came along way from the stock thinking from a years ago.

I am proud of you, bro.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Mine works great in mud, and on the rocks, and from our little excursion to rescue Chia last year I would say it does pretty well in fairly high speed offroad situations as well. LOL I my experience its good to have a well rounded rig, that feels pretty comfortable no matter what situation.

So, don't do anything too drastic. A mild lift and some 31's will make your XJ capable of things that you would not believe!

agreed

Ummmm...limo tint...your call there man, I like to be able to see things when on the trails at dusk/nite.

agreed

I'd NEVER run a K&N filter on ANYTHING I own. I've read many threads about how horrid K&N's are on anything that requires dirt. Sure, if you own a race team that rebuilds the motor all the time they are great, if you don't.....well...let's just pour some sand directly into your intake then.

agreed

(even though I think that mud is EVIL when it comes to vehicles)

disagreed

Why limit yourself to mudding or crawling ? Make an expedition rig till you find what type of wheeling you'll be doing the most and what serves your purposes the best?

agreed

Originally Posted by MischiefMan
So, don't do anything too drastic. A mild lift and some 31's will make your XJ capable of things that you would not believe!

Also agreed!

personaly im stuck with 35's+

What are all the sizes within the optimal area?

Also, this is my DD, so I need to take into consideration MPG loss

Back