• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex High Steer Tie Rod Upgrade?

EricsXJ said:
Damn that looks like a nice setup. Nicely done Randy!

Thank you, thank you very much...........
th5best.gif

:D Awesome Eric!, thank you for your reply.. now i am cool, ill be able to keep my set up and flip the TR. Then when or IF i wreck it... ill make up my own .. or something LOL... sorry for hijack factor...:laugh3:

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
i just delivered some bent currie steering the other day to some one....super tuff!.....screw that
Anything will bend.

I bought my currie setup second hand for cheap.

Cruising down a forrest service road doing 20 mph, wasnt paying attention. Stopped dead in my tracks by a rather large rock. Broke the rock, currie tie rod is still straight. The currie steering is solid IMO and experience.

EDIT: screw that, any time I back up a product it breaks the next time out, and I dont want my steering to break.

Last edited:
I am running the Teraflex high steer system with the Aluminum drag link and tie rod. Lets just say the tie rod doesn't like the rocks all that much. Its bent bad and the alignment is way off no matter how much I adjust it. I was wondering if anyone knows what tie rod I could run instead of the Teraflex aluminum piece something stronger?
-Nick

You could do what i did and get JCR, i don't like angles of it which is why i am going to pick up a teraknuckle for it. You will have to ream it out to get the tie rod in, i had JCR ream my knuckles for me. But i would just continue to use the drag link from the teraflex kit. You can buy just a rock rod (as they call it) of the length you need with two drivers side TREs, i wouldnt think it would cost too much, maybe $100-200.

You could do what i did and get JCR, i don't like angles of it which is why i am going to pick up a teraknuckle for it. You will have to ream it out to get the tie rod in, i had JCR ream my knuckles for me. But i would just continue to use the drag link from the teraflex kit. You can buy just a rock rod (as they call it) of the length you need with two drivers side TREs, i wouldnt think it would cost too much, maybe $100-200.

He could, BUT this thread is over a year and a half OLD!!!! :twak:

STOP bringing up old threads... :twak:

E

Back