• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex bar pin eliminators

ECKSJAY said:
Hey John, after my old rear shocks being on for years with that setup, I finally started getting a clunk from worn bushings. I knew it was binding up when I'd flex because of the bushing orientation, but you're right about street performance. Doesn't really matter there. The guy before you explained the reason for the orientation very well. One 'free'-ish fix for using that swaybar bracket on the top is to find a set of TJ lower brackets that have been cut off the axle tube. Those will rotate the lower mount 90* as well as move them UP (if you desire). :)

I changed my bushings every couple of years anyway so I've never really had any issues.

I really like the TJ idea. For those that are worried about this it would be a great solution.

ECKSJAY said:
Hey John, after my old rear shocks being on for years with that setup, I finally started getting a clunk from worn bushings. I knew it was binding up when I'd flex because of the bushing orientation, but you're right about street performance. Doesn't really matter there. The guy before you explained the reason for the orientation very well. One 'free'-ish fix for using that swaybar bracket on the top is to find a set of TJ lower brackets that have been cut off the axle tube. Those will rotate the lower mount 90* as well as move them UP (if you desire). :)

But that whole 'misalignment of the grooves in the shock body' is utter bullshit. :)
I don't really see how changing the lower would help. All you are really doing then is making it so the bushings are the same top to bottom. It is still forcing them to flex in a less than ideal manner. I believe you 100% about it working fine for you. At the distance most rear leaf setups will flex, there isn't a lot of deflection .

John90XJ said:
Looking at your photos and the description from the Monroe website, you might find grooves at the opposite end from where you cut the shock open. It looks like you cut open the end where the shaft enters the body. The website indicates the grooves are only in the small section where the piston would ride during normal use and then it goes to a smooth body when the shock is out of that normal position.

Slice that body from end to end and you might find a section that is a few inches long with a little groove in it.
I will do that when I get home from work around 6 p.m.

Hey guys, i had emailed Monroe about this the other day. Yesterday the tech responded, and said that rotating the senstrac upper 90 degrees was bad, and that it could break the shock when flexed. ???? so what's the answer? The guys that work for the company are saying it's bad-

Could it be that they're worried it would break at the weld where the bushing hoop is attached? I can't see that anything else might break doing what was originally considered i.e. the TeraFlex mounts.

Love2Ride450 said:
I don't really see how changing the lower would help. All you are really doing then is making it so the bushings are the same top to bottom. It is still forcing them to flex in a less than ideal manner. I believe you 100% about it working fine for you. At the distance most rear leaf setups will flex, there isn't a lot of deflection .

I was talking about changing the lower when you change the upper to the original subject of this thread. There's lots of words in the preceding posts, but please try to keep up! :helpme:

Back