• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ted Kennedy Dead

Last edited:
I don't tell people in other states or districts who to vote for or not to vote for. It is their business, this is an elected representative government. For someone who is so disliked here among our more conservative members Senator Kennedy sure got a lot of praise from both sides of the aisle.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithfully departed rest in peace.

I don't tell people in other states or districts who to vote for or not to vote for. It is their business, this is an elected representative government.
Regardless of who voted him in and where, he made decisions that affect us all. So yes, they do have the right to complain if they don't like his agenda. Few of us here voted for Nancy Pelosi. Should we just keep quiet if she has a hand in land closures throughout the country?

The good news: He will no longer be directly effecting legislation.(although his name will continue to be slung around for the next couple years)

I don't tell people in other states or districts who to vote for or not to vote for. It is their business, this is an elected representative government. For someone who is so disliked here among our more conservative members Senator Kennedy sure got a lot of praise from both sides of the aisle.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithfully departed rest in peace.

That's because politicians are worthless trash anyway.

Hooah

I was just surprised it was his brain and not his liver, or a bullet. Don't care how it happened, just glad he's out of the picture.

I was just surprised it was his brain and not his liver, or a bullet. Don't care how it happened, just glad he's out of the picture.

Yeah I didn't think the Kennedys had the required equipment for that.

A large military spending bill moving through Congress contains a little-noticed outlay for Boston that has nothing to do with national defense: $20 million for an educational institute honoring late Senator Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts.

“Whatever beneficial value civic education may have, it’s hard to see why the Defense Department should pay for it,’’ said Laura Peterson, a senior policy analyst at the nonpartisan Taxpayers for Common Sense in Washington. “It would seem the location of this hefty earmark has more to do with the powerful position of its sponsor than [the Defense Department’s] responsibility to educate elementary school children.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...groups_rap_20m_earmark_for_kennedy_institute/

I'd pay $100 to never have to hear the name Ted Kennedy again........wonder what my cut is going to be to help build a memorial for someone who I have no respect for and object to all of his policies?

The entire city of Chicago isn't enough for you?

I'd like to congratulate Ted Kennedy on 6 weeks of sobriety.

Back