• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team MAD build

they had some sweet video of you desert running from the chopper
Yeah we heard they did a EMC recap video that was about 4 minutes and we had 0:30 seconds of it but we cant seem to find it anywhere now...

So what happened? Would love to hear your KOH story.
We lost our track bar bracket and burnt up our valve cover gasket..Playing it safe we called it rather then losing our engine our car. Ill be doing a KOH experince write up later on this week

Thanks for the video..we looked god while it lasted.

Im sure you are busy but, did you ever have a chance to follow up on this?

Sorry ive been super busy..You were asking about the battery box correct? If so it is the ballistic battery box in the factory location but its elevated for it to fit. Some steel is underneath it welded to the box and the factory location..Ill get a picture tomorrow...

Sorry ive been super busy..You were asking about the battery box correct? If so it is the ballistic battery box in the factory location but its elevated for it to fit. Some steel is underneath it welded to the box and the factory location..Ill get a picture tomorrow...

Thanks!

sickandtwisted- I havent gotten a photo due to the tight space the engne bay thanks to the 4.0 in the cherokee...But it is the ballastic crate that is elevated with some metal to allow the crate to fit in the factory spot. sorry brotha

sickandtwisted- I havent gotten a photo due to the tight space the engne bay thanks to the 4.0 in the cherokee...But it is the ballastic crate that is elevated with some metal to allow the crate to fit in the factory spot. sorry brotha

No worries. I'll have to pull the battery and see what needs to be done

Just went through all 10 pages of this thread. You have built one sick XJ. One thing that I didn't see anything on, not sure if I missed it or if its in another thread of yours. Was your front suspension set up? I think I saw something that you running a 3-link? Would like to see more about it. Thx

No worries. I'll have to pull the battery and see what needs to be done
Sorry man

Just went through all 10 pages of this thread. You have built one sick XJ. One thing that I didn't see anything on, not sure if I missed it or if its in another thread of yours. Was your front suspension set up? I think I saw something that you running a 3-link? Would like to see more about it. Thx

First thank you

Front is:

True 3 link w/7075 alum links and heims
Deaver 5.5" jeepspeed coils
Bilstien foam filled bumps
Bilstein 5165 shocks converted to 7100 tuned and valved
Currie anti rock sway bars (currently pulled as i need 14" links)
SDHQ limit straps

Wouldnt change a thing!

Been awhile since i updated this thread but here are the pictures of the re-enforced track bar bracket.

48125_442142595856269_731123576_n.jpg

60776_442142335856295_1232260898_n.jpg

The new front 6" Amber LED light bar to help us see through the dust.
558077_441128925957636_139501664_n.jpg

the rear running lights, dust light and collision light
150766_441128419291020_1664642806_n.jpg

Ok so i have been busy with work, racing and fixing...We raced the ADRA Parker 150 and placed 2nd in class. But with that we burnt up our transmission..So i have been busy tearing the old one out and putting in the new one.
Action shot from the race

60431_450191658384696_1608655881_n.jpg

Here is the new transmission. Got it from Dave over at Knuckle busters. It came out of a cherokee running with a 130K. I dumped the fluid, replaced the filter and added a fresh gasket then cleaned it up.. Should have the Tcase on thursday and hope to have it all buttoned up and moving under its own power just in time for the South West round 1 opener in Congress, Az.

480260_450192145051314_1800980516_n.jpg

Tranny is in, T-case mounted, X-member and skid re-installed and drives smooth. I think i have a vac. leak as D is still slow off the start. But planning on some future upgrades...Other then that still ahve to adjust my sway bar links and add some extra bump stop foam and we are good to go. We are racing Sunday in Congress at the Dirt Riot round 1 opener.

Had some issues with the starter and aux fan but made it through our race thanks to the awesome LETZROLL PIT CREW! We finished 3rd in the 4600 class...Not a bad day of racing.

Wow been almost a month since ive updated this thread...Where to begin:
Well we ended with the PARKER 150 race held by ADRA and lost our tranny. We scored a lower mileage AW4 and swapped the filter, fresh fluid and re-installed it. Next up was the Dirt Riot South West series in Congress, Az. We had some issues with our fan and starter but we finished in 3rd place.
69232_452384014832127_1719223498_n.jpg

2526_455148297889032_1852309271_n.jpg

My wife was co-driver for this race and did a really great job keeping me calm and reminding me to have fun and it paid off because we scored this.
254198_452384044832124_1740238829_n.jpg

So after that we made some corrections then two weeks later we were back at it but this time in Moab for the Dirt Riot race there. This was my first time in Moab and what better way then to race Area BFE! Super cool rocks, and great views with perfect weather. Plus huge crowds. All in all a great time for sure.
408107_458456137558248_1727946784_n.jpg

My brother and I ran our race and had some issues that dropped us from 2nd to 4th but we came back and took 3rd.
46627_458456120891583_1113049585_n.jpg

Our current standings in ADRA is 2nd in national points.
In Dirt Riot held by W.E. Rock events we are 1st in national points!
So with three races in one month we have some down time..Or so I think. What we really have is a gap till the next race. Im using the time to plan the next upgrades such as a custom buffy style dash and re-wire to clean up the rats nest of wires as well as getting rid of the ones I don't need or use anymore. Will also be doing my normal post race inspection/clean up along with fresh fluids. We also scored a RADesigns rail II shifter we are going to be installing thus giving us full control over our AW4 treating it like a manual minus a clutch. Plus we have some fresh rock lights thanks to prime4x4.com for the Az night wheeling we do this summer. Nothing to major but key to taking us to the next level. Lastly I stripped a lot of the interior plastic trim pieces and items behind the panels to shed a few extra pounds.

Looks awesome Matt, I'm glad to see you stuck with it. Wish I could rely on being in one place and actually get into this hobby lol.

Back