• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TDS roll call

I will be out there.....i did not register though, will have to when i get out there.......any of you guys want to set up a designated place to meet up on Saturday morning or mid day maybe??

I usaully get up about 1st light and put my heep in line (I've been in the first 50 each year [until a bunch of "club jerks" cut in front of me!]) and then go get my boy up fpr some breakfast.

bburge

tcm glx said:
I will be out there.....i did not register though, will have to when i get out there.......any of you guys want to set up a designated place to meet up on Saturday morning or mid day maybe??

Saturday is the primary run and I think most will be on it.

See my post above about Friday night.

gcurtis said:
Saturday is the primary run and I think most will be on it.

See my post above about Friday night.

As a point of clarification, Friday night run meet up will be up North Marina Drive, right were the main road splits the two mud hills and heads over towards main.

Meet on the Salton Sea side at 8P and run starts at 8:30P.

Ch 15 call sign "Socalxj".

We may also have a landcruiser club along for entertainment.

Had a great time, no rolls for me and group. One broken axle ona Bronco. Saw lots of XJs:) but talk to very few:confused: .Sorry no pics, forgot to pack the camera.:confused1

had lots of fun all weekend. 1 roll over in our group. my buddies toyota crawler rolled on saturday on its roof and the passenger cut his head pretty bad and had to be air lifted out. he is fine now 5 stitches and some vicodin does wonders. was any one out to see that saturday about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. it was on the east side of telephone booth hill. i saw lots of xjs too but couldn't get ahold of anyone because of all the traffic on the cb.

Well Fridays wind SUCKED !!!! Saturday was near perfect....got REAL dusty on Sat. night...
and Sun. was good too. I saw many many XJs...Burge, Grant, Rollins, Josh and saw a lady
up at the Hydrant in a similar XJ to Josh's...
Did it seem like there wasn't as many people this year? Anyone know the "count" ?
See Y'all
Curt

mark91xjbeef said:
had lots of fun all weekend. 1 roll over in our group. my buddies toyota crawler rolled on saturday on its roof and the passenger cut his head pretty bad and had to be air lifted out. he is fine now 5 stitches and some vicodin does wonders. was any one out to see that saturday about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. it was on the east side of telephone booth hill. i saw lots of xjs too but couldn't get ahold of anyone because of all the traffic on the cb.

Seen the rollzz 1 XJ, 1 YJ?, and the Toy all in 20min. Glad the guy is okay.

Well, it was a weekend dubbed "fiasco" for us. I'll spare you the details but it invloved a hotel, a two hour hamburger, a Dana 35 and a ham fisted driver and a jeep in a pit. I think we were on the official run for all of two miles before one in our group had to limp back to camp. So much for $60. ;)

Lots of police this year and we got our fair share of tickets for limping the broken 35 back to camp - 3 tickets (driving too slow, unsafe rider - was riding a high lift strapped to the frame to keep the wheel in, and no front plate).

Good times, good times.

gcurtis said:
Well, it was a weekend dubbed "fiasco" for us. I'll spare you the details but it invloved a hotel, a two hour hamburger, a Dana 35 and a ham fisted driver and a jeep in a pit. I think we were on the official run for all of two miles before one in our group had to limp back to camp. So much for $60. ;)

Lots of police this year and we got our fair share of tickets for limping the broken 35 back to camp - 3 tickets (driving too slow, unsafe rider - was riding a high lift strapped to the frame to keep the wheel in, and no front plate).

Good times, good times.

Ok, seriously? The police actually gave you a ticket for doing what you had to do to get back to camp?! Ugh... that is ANNOYING! :explosion

fdsa487 said:
Ok, seriously? The police actually gave you a ticket for doing what you had to do to get back to camp?! Ugh... that is ANNOYING! :explosion

Because of what happened last year, they had the Imperial County Sheriff out patrolling (the guys from the dunes) and these guys were heavy handed. We were on dirt the entire way limping the vehicle back and they still ticketed, even going so far as to suggest to bring AAA out to get the rig off of the mesa we were on.

TDS needed some enforcement to get it back in line, but it was a bit over the top.

gcurtis said:

Good times, good times.

You got a ticket for driving too slow off road? ????:confused1

saki669 said:
You got a ticket for driving too slow off road? ????:confused1

Up the main "road" where it is unpaved, we were crawling the jeep back up to camp to repair it. Yes, unsafe speed for going TOO slow (10 mph) in a "25" zone. Now when is it that a non-residential off road area unposted is 25 mph?

We were off to the side of the road with flashers on and a vehicle following and got the ticket.

The cops were brutal.

saki669 said:
You'd think they would have been busy enough writing tickets for open containers.....
They could have cleaned up on DUI's out there. :jester:

They didn't seem to touch DUI's at all, but instead went for the easy tickets without arrests. Tons of chicken bleep tickets were issued, many for no front plate on vehicles that were towed out.

One cop was overzelous, I hear, and piled on when he pulled you over. I hear he then got his truck stuck out near the camps and, just as someone was hooking him up, one guy came over and offered $100 NOT to tow him out (his 15 y.o. daughter had been ticketed for underage driving with him in the passanger seat a couple of hours before).

gcurtis said:
They didn't seem to touch DUI's at all, but instead went for the easy tickets without arrests. Tons of chicken bleep tickets were issued, many for no front plate on vehicles that were towed out.

One cop was overzelous, I hear, and piled on when he pulled you over. I hear he then got his truck stuck out near the camps and, just as someone was hooking him up, one guy came over and offered $100 NOT to tow him out (his 15 y.o. daughter had been ticketed for underage driving with him in the passanger seat a couple of hours before).

The the guy accept the $100 and leave w/o helping? =)~!!!

Back