• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Talk me into (out of?) 4.88's

ChuckD said:
I know Maximus has put double that mileage on his D30, with 35's. He doesn't wheel much or hardly at all. He has not had any trouble with ball joints or any other major issues. Does that count? :D I think he has a 97'.

I dunno - if you wheel a lot, which I was doing once upon a time, and put on tons of mileage...

The Jeep gods have not often smiled upon me...if there is a potential issue I usually experience it.

This does not change the near certainty that he is going to end up with 35's on 4.56 gears. There is nothing wrong with this, but we should go into these things with eyes wide open. Anybody who is on this board multiple times per day, with the exception of Eagle, is going to end up with 35's or larger :D.

Nay

Just to chime in on the D30 ball joints.
My Jeep has 165,000+ miles on the origional ball joints. I have put 35,000+ miles on it with 33" MT/Rs on 4.5" BS rims and I'd say, I wheel a lot.
My ball joints are fine and tight, never have had an issue.
Maybe it's because I carry a spare set for the trail?

Jes

Nay said:
Anybody who is on this board multiple times per day, with the exception of Eagle, is going to end up with 35's or larger :D.

Nay

And we're slowly but surely wearing down his resolve too :D he's got an MJ with 31" now... and he's a closet 35" luster

Back