• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

synthetic oil on higher milage engine??

ya i actually already made the switch, using mobil 1. it appears as though i also may have a small leak from rear main seal, but maybe it might have been there before. its only a drop or two though over the night. been about 250 miles so far.

but so far ive been impressed. although it doesnt seem like it would make that much difference, my engine seems to idle smoother and quieter and accelerate smoother.

hopefully the leak wont get a lot worse, i guess only time will tell :dunno:

I think you are better off by changing the oil more often then using expensive oil. Example, you could still use good oil like Caster, but it's half the price of synthetic, so if you change it twice as often, it will work out to be the same price, but twice the junk will get removed from the engine, which on older engines, is probably the number one problem.

This really does not prove anything, but I've been changing my oil every 2K for the last 100K, and currently she has 225K on her. The oil that comes out is very dirty. It seems to be working for us..........................

james
www.geocities.com/jammerjamesharmon

Back